Lost My Gimbal Lock - Do I Need to Replace it Right Away!?

Reaction score
Do I need to go get a new gimbal lock right away... basically will it sitting there without a gimbal lock hurt it? Or can I buy something nice online and have it sent to me without worrying about how long it takes?

I keep my p3p in back seat of car most of the time the last 8 months.
I have never placed that lock on it.

If I were traveling I would lock it,
but I have not had any issues not doing so for daily use

Your Phantom will be fine if it's just sitting. It's a good idea to use the gimbal lock whenever your Phantom can be potentially bounced around -- like carrying it in a case or traveling in a car.

You can purchase an OEM replacement gimbal lock here on Amazon or directly from DJI.

You only need a gimbal lock when you're transporting the Phantom. to stop the camera shaking about. You can leave it sitting there forever without doing any harm.

(Some people have quicker fingers than me!)

Mine came without the lock in place when I bought it, and never had any problem. I use the lock with lens protection just to avoid having to clean the lens when ever I touch it by accident

I have that one, without the hood, and it is fine. Though I do find it has slipped off the gimbal at times when I open the case, which is annoying.

It is easier to deal with that the stock one, which I kept feeling like I was going to rip the gimbal off trying to get that thing on.

I don't even know where mine is, probably same place as the lens cap. I haven't seen ether one in a few months. Maybe in the woods, or some where in my garage.

Here is my carrying case, don't really need a gimbal lock with this one.
:eek:

OK...Let's see your cases when packed!

Rod

I have a spare Factory P3S Gimbal lock , if you want it . I don't think they lock all that great , easily slips off the Gimbal .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub