Lost GPS and had flyaway

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

This weekend I went out to fly my Phantom 2 Vision + and the app showed 11 satellites. I took off and as soon as I was about 4 feet of the ground it started to wobble so I tried to bring it down and the **** thing just took off. I looked at the screen and it showed 0 satellites. I kept trying pushing the throttle back without success.It came down approx. 200 yards away luckily it came down on some bushes. When I got back home I took the props off and started it and it still shows 0 satellites. Any idea what could of caused this? I appreciate any comments.

Rick

New to phantoms and specially p2, but does it automatically go to atti when losing gps signal? If not try changeing it to atti and back and see if it would reboot somehow. In future remember to try the atti in case it looks like its flying away with no control at all.

Sent from my ZTE Blade Vec 4G using PhantomPilots mobile app

New to phantoms and specially p2, but does it automatically go to atti when losing gps signal? If not try changeing it to atti and back and see if it would reboot somehow. In future remember to try the atti in case it looks like its flying away with no control at all.

Sent from my ZTE Blade Vec 4G using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

I had a similar thing happen, it was due to moving my tracker unit and not doing a compass calibration afterwards
The video shows the sat count drop and the quad took off like a bat out of hell

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.