Lost Drone

Reaction score
Lost my Phantom 4 pro at Tiscornia Park in St Joseph Michigan on Wed. July 24 2019. If anyone has found my drone or has any information that would help me recover my drone I would greatly appreciate your help. I am a 74 year old guy and am devastated by this loss. I have notified the city of St Joseph and the St Joseph city police but so far have had no luck. I tried find my drone and it shows it landed on the beach but I could not find it anywhere. I have also prayed a lot also. If anyone can help I would sure appreciate it.

Reactions: Phoenix One
@Dan 46526,
Welcome to the Forum!

Sorry for you lost, I have been there.

What we need from you, is your flight log.

What were you using for a mobile device, Android or Apple?
And were you using DJI-Go or Litchi, etc?

Sharing your flight log, is very important!!
More important than you think!!!

Here is good place to start.

Your turn, any questions, ask them here. Many will help you out!! ;)

Rod

Here is a couple that I was watching from the past.

Found Phantoms

Please look at this thread, these are two different links
Day one: Phantom 3 drone down
Day 14: Phantom 3 drone down

Summary,
it took us two days to get usable data (information from him).
It took us fourteen days to talk him to actually look where the Majority thought he should be looking.

Rod

Found a few more!!

We are still waiting for your log....... ;)

Rod

I was using dji go 4 latest version 7.85 UB crystal sky. I have lots of experience with my drone never had a problem. it was a beautiful day for flying and I was flying up the coast of lake michigan just at the waters edge it was just out of my line of sight when I got a lost signal warning and I couldn't.t see. I tried to fly it back with no luck, I tried return to home with no luck. I did have it set to return to home if signal was lost but it did not come back. I assumed it went down and I had no GPS. I walked up the beach as far as i could about a mile searching and found nothing. When I got home I checked my flight log and it said it returned home and landed. I'm worried that it did that while was walking up the beach looking for it and someone picked it up..I had my FAA registration numbers on it but not my personal info. I am just sick over this at my age it was a great thing for me to do to get me out of the house and fun and relaxing. Was hoping some kind person would have found it and turned it into the St Joseph police. Guess all I can do is keep praying.

Hope this is what you need
Here's what that looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
At the end of the recorded flight data, your drone was flying a little east of north at 26 mph and 167 feet up.
The drone was flying properly with no indications of anything wrong and the data just stops.
The drone was directly above 42.11807719 -86.4870841.
There's no data to show it landing and it's most likely that it suddenly lost power, in which case it would have crashed a little north of that GPS point.

Sorry to hijack the thread for a bit, but what is that white stuff?
Screenshot_20190726-231725_Maps.jpg

I did not have my personal info on the drone, only it's FAA registration Number. I also have a mavic air and a mavic2 pro and I will be putting my info on those 2 drones today
Thanks to everyone for all there good wishes and the info. I live 1 and a half hours away from St Joseph and I'm thinking of going back there today and finding those coordinates and seeing what is there. It looks to me that it might be in the shallow water. If thats the case someone probably saw it and has it. I am also going to call State Farm and get insurance on my other 2 drones. ( an Expensive lesson learned ).

Can anyone tell me if I have those coordinates how can I go about finding that exact spot

There are many phone apps for gps. Maybe try one of those?

As for your personal information on your drone, you don’t need much. I just use my cell number, and “Reward if Found”. The promise of a reward will give the finder more incentive to call me.

Good luck.[emoji106]

Reactions: Danr-62 and Capt KO
Can anyone tell me if I have those coordinates how can I go about finding that exact spot
You can use GPS to find that spot but it's possibly not necessary as the area appears to be flat and open.
You can just find the spot with reference to the nearby houses.
Remember that because it was flying north at 26 mph when the data stopped, it's likely to be a little further north than the spot marked.
i-gpDKM8T-XL.jpg

Cool, some good stuff happen since I have been away!!

Make a few signs to post around, same as if your dog went missing in the area, that has happen to me also.
Somebody had seen the dog, then our sign, and called us!!

Dog was gone for three days, neighbor scarred her, he was testing out his hunting rifle, we were not home at the time.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31