Drone lost after signal lost... What can i do ?

I think I was the guy who went RTH into a tree with the low battery. :)
If not you are now, that was a good lesson, something you would never think about. That's maybe a reason you have to be a certain distance away from home point before RTH works.:)

Same thing happened to me last night. I was flying at 6500 feet distance when I lost my signal. The RC had a RED Light so there was no doubt I lost the signal. The drone did not return home and ended up coming down some where in a field about a mile away north of my home location. I spent hours looking for it last night, but could not find it, I am going back to look for it after work today.

...And is the phantom 3 set by default to return home when connection lost ? Cause i didn't change that for sure !
I know this is an old thread however, this question is key to understanding what happened (and I think you've learned your lesson). If you didn't know if the default was to RTH, then you probably had no idea what the RTH altitude was. Knowing both of these might very well have saved you from a crash. Not trying to beat up on you here (I'll probably crash mine tomorrow) but the lesson is to thoroughly read and understand the manual. Glad you found it. Also your post will hopefully prevent others from making the same mistake.

Not just read the manual, but double check vital settings like RTH and height before each flight. we've had many posts here where those setting had been 'mysteriously' reset causing problems. They should be a part of every pre-flight checklist.

Reactions: Pharm and snowghost
Same thing happened to me last night. I was flying at 6500 feet distance when I lost my signal. The RC had a RED Light so there was no doubt I lost the signal. The drone did not return home and ended up coming down some where in a field about a mile away north of my home location. I spent hours looking for it last night, but could not find it, I am going back to look for it after work today.

Welcome to the forum!

In this section.
Lost and Found
Start a new thread, "Lost my Phantom, Please help"

Upload your flight from your mobile to this web sight then post the results on your new thread.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

We will help you out...

Rod

How do you explain my insedent, I did read the manual, I have been flying for a while, the RTH was set before take off to my location, the RTH altitude was set to 60m. I can see the red light on my RC, it was making the beeping sound as if it was returning home when ever I was able to pick up intermittent signal.
Yet, it never did come back home!!!!

How do you explain my insedent, I did read the manual, I have been flying for a while, the RTH was set before take off to my location, the RTH altitude was set to 60m. I can see the red light on my RC, it was making the beeping sound as if it was returning home when ever I was able to pick up intermittent signal.
Yet, it never did come back home!!!!
I don't think those two post were to you. ;)

Rod

@Sam1313

Your Phantom may have still been picking up the remote, and was waiting / hovering, but data was not making back to you.

I'm only failure with the P3S, P2V+
When you post in the Lost and Found, post what model you have P3S, P3A, Etc.
When you post the log file, we then know what area you our at.

Since you are at work. :)

Take a look at these. ;)
Lost Signal, P3S Hovered Instead of RTH
Best Method to RTH?
Lost signal (but not really)

Ignore posts that be little you.

When you find it, then you will have facts, not fiction...

Been there...

This is old thread, that is now activate again, and just confuses people that now reading from the beginning. Unless the message has quotation, you have no Idea who it was intended.

Rod

@Sam1313
You still at work?
or
You found it?
or
Your lost to?

Must of us on this forum, don't give up.:rolleyes:

So whats up. ;)

Rod

Reactions: Neon Euc
Rod
first thank you for taking interest,
I did not give up, i was able to find the drone which is P3S. When it all happened that night and before the battery was completely gone on the drone, i got in my car and was driving the direction i lost it, i was able to make connection with it and see that the distance from home was 6430 feet. After spending the next day looking for it with no luck, i found this website that i measure distance with on the map www.freemaptools.com/measure-distance.htm
I marked it on the map from my home point and was able to go to the approximate location and find the drone.

Attachments

• 20170125_110510.jpg
    20170125_110510.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 558
Mine went down a mile away...it landed a mile away with 28% power left ,it never returned home WHY....now I don,t take it more than 200metres away

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recon
Don't let it discourage you. I know it is scary when you see your drone going out of site, specially when you tell it to come home and it would not.
I just make sure the home location is set correctly on the map before I fly, I also make sure the RC location is shown correct on my map.

Glad you found it! If you didn't already do this - take a piece of tape and write down Reward If Found and your phone number with a sharpie marker. Tape it somewhere people can see it - and then put a second layer of tape on top of that (so it protects the ink). Another thing I do is I put my name and phone number on the propellers so if I lose it - someone will contact me. (I already lost and recovered one drone this way!)

#KnowingIsHalfTheBattle

Thankfully I did find it.
That is a very creative idea with writing your name and number on the preppellers, I think I'll start doing that.

Reactions: bnsa

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic