Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

I am truly humbled by the combined knowledge of this forum. You guys are like Greek Oracles. I love following this thread although some of it is Greek to me. Hope DaveD finds the bird. Suspense is KILLING me!!!
Me to you are a bunch of good guys nice seeing people helping each other dont see enough of that anymore

Reactions: JohnnyB
Looks like tomorrow morning I will be back out looking for my P3S. I will start at crossing furnace rd. and moving towards waypoint 4. might be to much precipitation for me to use my new AC at that time. I wish oh wish I would have purchased the marco polo tracker. My next purchase for sure!

Looks like tomorrow morning I will be back out looking for my P3S. I will start at crossing furnace rd. and moving towards waypoint 4. might be to much precipitation for me to use my new AC at that time. I wish oh wish I would have purchased the marco polo tracker. My next purchase for sure!

Heck, call in the troops. Gotta have a few friends to get out there with you and help. Maybe pizza and beer would get them motivated.

Good luck.....we're all waiting for a positive outcome. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Heck, call in the troops. Gotta have a few friends to get out there with you and help. Maybe pizza and beer would get them motivated.

Good luck.....we're all waiting for a positive outcome. [emoji106]

Pizza, beer and drones....THIS is a party I can get into.

Litchi beer delivery mission?

Could lead to future parties?

;)

DaveD, Where in upstate NY are you, I used to Live in Utica, and I like Beer and Pizza..

Last edited:
DaveD, Where in upstate NY are you, I used to Live in Utica, and I like Beer and Pizza..
Ontario, ny. Right on lake Ontario. Looked for 3 hrs today. Walked all the way to waypoint 8. (My brothers house). No drone. I just don't get it. Someone must have picked it up. Drinking beer now in his garage.

Sent from my VS987 using PhantomPilots mobile app
9d3aa0e7feb252c13eb1c493b26b62b3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
When you say 'beer' are you referring to that bottle you're holding or is it hidden somewhere behind it? ;);););)

Cheers,
Geoff

P.S. Gotta' love a garage with a wood stove AND antlers on the wall:cool:

Reactions: Pharm
I'm thinking that since you've followed the path by foot and haven't found it on the ground, perhaps start looking in the trees that it may have made contact with. I know that the odds of locating it among a heavily treed area are slim, but you just may get lucky.

Have you tried the healthy drones web site. Even if you hadn't turned on the auto sync function, you can still get the flight log and it will give you the exact coordinate that the drone last was at and you can plug that into a GPS and at least it will narrow down your search area.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Have you tried the healthy drones web site. Even if you hadn't turned on the auto sync function, you can still get the flight log and it will give you the exact coordinate that the drone last was at and you can plug that into a GPS and at least it will narrow down your search area.

Didn't read from the beginning did you...

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: MOBETTER
Well I FOUND IT! I spotted it in a tree with my new p3s. I might get arrested now though for trespassing. Its still in the tree as I didnt want to climb it without someone else there with me. I was walking out to my truck and a car stops and a young guy asks me if he can help me and tells me his father owns all that property and that I was trespassing. I was very apologetic and told him the story of how I lost it. I asked if I could get it tomorrow. I would be in and out and never come back. He said he should call the police on me. He said I should leave it in the tree and that I should not have been flying over his property. I apologized over and over and said I just walked back to confirm it was what I saw on my video from the air. He said he would have to talk to his dad I gave him my phone #. Now I keep waiting for the police to show up at my house. He wasn't very happy. Keep in mind this is a heavily wooded area and his families home is hundreds and hundreds of yards away from this location. Now what do I do? I'm dying to get it back now. I might need bail money though...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-14-16-24-30.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-14-16-24-30.png
    4 MB · Views: 465
  • 0114171552a_HDR.jpg
    0114171552a_HDR.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 509
Well I FOUND IT! I spotted it in a tree with my new p3s. I might get arrested now though for trespassing. Its still in the tree as I didnt want to climb it without someone else there with me. I was walking out to my truck and a car stops and a young guy asks me if he can help me and tells me his father owns all that property and that I was trespassing. I was very apologetic and told him the story of how I lost it. I asked if I could get it tomorrow. I would be in and out and never come back. He said he should call the police on me. He said I should leave it in the tree and that I should not have been flying over his property. I apologized over and over and said I just walked back to confirm it was what I saw on my video from the air. He said he would have to talk to his dad I gave him my phone #. Now I keep waiting for the police to show up at my house. He wasn't very happy. Keep in mind this is a heavily wooded area and his families home is hundreds and hundreds of yards away from this location. Now what do I do? I'm dying to get it back now. I might need bail money though...
I know you probably thought he was going to be nice (we wish) and not a A-hole. Personally I would have thought twice about telling him what you where doing, too late for that now. And I don't believe your trespassing if it's not posted and you didn't hop a fence. I would seek out the real property owner asap, the Dad. You have a 50/50 change he's not a A-hole like this guy sounds.

Last edited:
I know the law on trespass is different from state to state and from county or township. But for the most part, if it's open land (not fenced or posted) your not trespassing. Unless your told by the owner, and that might need to be in writing. That you have been put on notice, that you don't have permission to be on this property. Now his not the owner, so technical you were not given a notice. How would you know who this guy really was anyway, legally. Even though it probably was the owner's son.

I know the law on trespass is different from state to state and from county or township. But for the most part, if it's open land (not fenced or posted) your not trespassing. Unless your told by the owner, and that might need to be in writing. That you have been put on notice, that you don't have permission to be on this property. Now his not the owner, so technical you were not given a notice. How would you know who this guy really was anyway, legally. Even though it probably was the owner's son.
Yeah, If I dont get arrested tonight I was thinking of going to the house tomorrow morning and introducing myself and asking permission. Good idea or not? Its too late tonight its dark now. There was no fence and the area I walked through had no signs.

Stealth mission. Have someone fly your new one to cover you, get dropped off as close as possible run in and get it. The pilot can alert you if someone is coming and lead you out in a safe direction and call your ride to pick you up after you recover the lost package

Reactions: sweez
Yeah, If I dont get arrested tonight I was thinking of going to the house tomorrow morning and introducing myself and asking permission. Good idea or not? Its too late tonight its dark now. There was no fence and the area I walked through had no signs.
You have two options. Just go for it during the day and get it without getting seen this time. Or be upfront and do what you said. Now on the second option. I don't know what part of upstate your in, I'm from NY originally and know a lot of upstate NY is very rural (most have long guns) if you know what I'm getting at. If that is the type of area, don't go by yourself. Go with a friend, in case you need a witness if things go sideways. If he say, get off my land and don't come back. It's gone in my view, not worth the trouble. But hopefully he's nicer than his son and you guys hit it off.

I just checked out the Wisconsin statutes and the penalties top out at $10,000 and or up to 9 months in the pokey. Google the N.Y. laws and then decide if a possibly broken and worthless drone is worth the risk. Are you thinking about bringing in a ladder or climbing gear?

I would talk to the land owner and if that goes bad, maybe talk to the sheriff.

Tobby

I just checked out the Wisconsin statutes and the penalties top out at $10,000 and or up to 9 months in the pokey. Google the N.Y. laws and then decide if a possibly broken and worthless drone is worth the risk. Are you thinking about bringing in a ladder or climbing gear?

I would talk to the land owner and if that goes bad, maybe talk to the sheriff.

Tobby
Trespass law may be by county or even township. Your stating the penalty if convicted of criminal trespass. Criminal trespass as I know it means you had to hop a barrier, walked onto posted land or were told by the owner not to be on the land. Otherwise it's just "common law trespass", not something you can be arrested for.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl