LOST DJI PHANTOM 4 after App DISCONNECTED during Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP! I'm so sad. I just lost my Phantom 4 today during flight. I calibrated before flight. Had enough battery and all the sudden it just didn't responded to my signals and I got a message Aircraft Disconnected.
I'm so so so sad. I had my phantom for a year now and I'm a skillful flying. I thought it was something electrical. I also hit the HTR button and waited. Nothing. No sign of my aircraft.
What should I do?
How can I see the report what happen?
Is it on my phone?
History cache.
I chase it down and went to the last location. I couldn't see anything. It's gone and i don't know where it landed. I bought it last year for $1500. Now it's gone.

I went up too the helipad and was looking for it. Nothing.
Where can it be?
There's also a 64 GB sd card in it.

Attachments

• IMG_0330.PNG
    IMG_0330.PNG
    574.3 KB · Views: 958
  • IMG_0331.PNG
    IMG_0331.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,004
  • IMG_0346.PNG
    IMG_0346.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 999
  • IMG_0347.JPG
    IMG_0347.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,006
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Reactions: historymaker06
How do I upload the video?

Attachments

• IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 762
  • IMG_0353.PNG
    IMG_0353.PNG
    2.5 MB · Views: 814
PLEASE HELP! I'm so sad. I just lost my Phantom 4 today during flight. I calibrated before flight. Had enough battery and all the sudden it just didn't responded to my signals and I got a message Aircraft Disconnected.
I'm so so so sad. I had my phantom for a year now and I'm a skillful flying. I thought it was something electrical. I also hit the HTR button and waited. Nothing. No sign of my aircraft.
What should I do?
How can I see the report what happen?
Is it on my phone?
History cache.
I chase it down and went to the last location. I couldn't see anything. It's gone and i don't know where it landed. I bought it last year for $1500. Now it's gone.
Sad , check your find my drone,might give you fast location if batt still on

OMG! I'm so lucky!!!
I was looking over my flight record and went to the building that was last seen.
The security busses me in and we went on the roof and they found my drone!
The only this is that the battery is missing.
The camera broke off and the legs are crooked. I'm so lucky. The card is still in it as well.
Going now home to watch the footage.

Attachments

• IMG_0348.JPG
    IMG_0348.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 906
  • IMG_0356.JPG
    IMG_0356.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 953
I've started running a piece of tape across the drone and battery. I've had a few mishaps with my older P2 and as tight as the battery is, it still pops out on impact.

OMG! I'm so lucky!!!
I was looking over my flight record and went to the building that was last seen.
Don't you want to find out what happened to improve your flight safety in future?
I'm concerned that you mention calibrating the compass before flying.
That's unnecessary and can sometimes cause problems.
Losing signal as you describe could be due to flying behind a building or obstacle or simply crashing into one.
I've started running a piece of tape across the drone and battery. I've had a few mishaps with my older P2 and as tight as the battery is, it still pops out on impact.
The battery dislodging is just a symptom of the crash - not the problem.

Don't you want to find out what happened to improve your flight safety in future?
I'm concerned that you mention calibrating the compass before flying.
That's unnecessary and can sometimes cause problems.
Losing signal as you describe could be due to flying behind a building or obstacle or simply crashing into one.

The battery dislodging is just a symptom of the crash - not the problem.

I realize that, the point I'm trying to make is that if you have a functioning battery in the bird after impact, the easier it can be to find it. I searched for hours for my P2, had it not thrown the battery I could have spun the props and possibly heard or seen it in the high grass.

After the last Firmware update I also experienced 2 times an "Aircraft Disconnected". I never had that in my prior 90+ flights. The problem is that I wasn't able to get the video signal backup so very scary when the drone isn't in sight. But I still had sigbal between the remote and the drone because of the green LED. What saved me is the RTH button on the remote and a clear area I guess. But during 2 min I had litteraly no sign of my drone... very scary!

After the last Firmware update I also experienced 2 times an "Aircraft Disconnected". I never had that in my prior 90+ flights. The problem is that I wasn't able to get the video signal backup so very scary when the drone isn't in sight. But I still had sigbal between the remote and the drone because of the green LED. What saved me is the RTH button on the remote and a clear area I guess. But during 2 min I had literaly no sign of my drone... very scary!
You can also initiate RTH by turning off the controller.
Practising and experimenting with RTH is a good confidence builder.

After the last Firmware update I also experienced 2 times an "Aircraft Disconnected". I never had that in my prior 90+ flights. The problem is that I wasn't able to get the video signal backup so very scary when the drone isn't in sight. But I still had sigbal between the remote and the drone because of the green LED. What saved me is the RTH button on the remote and a clear area I guess. But during 2 min I had litteraly no sign of my drone... very scary!
Yes, it's a scary feeling to know that your drone will not come back home.

You took off from a helipad?:-0

What better place! Fly for awhile around a helipad, around buildings and over a lot of people. What is the worse that could happen.

Oh... yeah.

The OP has only had the P4 for a month or so (not had the P4 for a year) and been flying drones since 2013 (owner the P2 and P3 over the past year?). Lots of stuff not really making sense.

Yes, it's a scary feeling to know that your drone will not come back home.
I did that. It didn't come back home. It crash as soon as the battery run out.
RTH is a very reliable system - as long as you know how to use it.

You still haven't uploaded any flight data so people are just wasting their time guessing.
If you want to know what happened and learn something from the experience, follow the instructions in post #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair