Lost connection, crash, lost drone.

Appologies if my screenshot has mislead the viewers. Its purpose was not to show where did you lost radio contact, but just to let you point where exactly you found the battery. In the mean time @sar104 has lead me to the revealing message #11.
This screenshot is a better attempt.

I still don't understand why you say you cannot eventually see the drone on the tower roof by flying with the Mavic over it ? Ok it's white foreground on white background but you may fly right over the tower and point the camera 90* to the ground. Above the tower you are safe from the microwave radiation that is beamed by the cell communication dishes.

Attachments

• Lost P4P @ Water Tower 2.jpg
    Lost P4P @ Water Tower 2.jpg
    602.8 KB · Views: 273
Appologies if my screenshot has mislead the viewers. Its purpose was not to show where did you lost radio contact, but just to let you point where exactly you found the battery. In the mean time @sar104 has lead me to the revealing message #11.
This screenshot is a better attempt.

I still don't understand why you say you cannot eventually see the drone on the tower roof by flying with the Mavic over it ? Ok it's white foreground on white background but you may fly right over the tower and point the camera 90* to the ground. Above the tower you are safe from the microwave radiation that is beamed by the cell communication dishes.
Great pic. How'd you do that?

Great pic. How'd you do that?

Go to Airdata -> this flight -> General -> Overview -> below the picture you have 4 download options -> Download the kml file.

Open the kml file with Google Earth Pro.
Expand the Places pane and right click the above mentioned kml file (Apr-2nd-2019-05-24AM-Flight-Airdata.kml) and select Properties.
Select the "Style, Color" tab.
Click the "Share Style" button.
Click the "Altitude" tab.
Check the "Extend to ground" box.
On the "Style, Color" tab you may choose the desired Line color/width/opacity, Area color/opacity a.s.o.
Click Ok.
Rotate the resulted view like it best suits you.

Go to Airdata -> this flight -> General -> Overview -> below the picture you have 4 download options -> Download the kml file.

Open the kml file with Google Earth Pro.
Expand the Places pane and right click the above mentioned kml file (Apr-2nd-2019-05-24AM-Flight-Airdata.kml) and select Properties.
Select the "Style, Color" tab.
Click the "Share Style" button.
Click the "Altitude" tab.
Check the "Extend to ground" box.
On the "Style, Color" tab you may choose the desired Line color/width/opacity, Area color/opacity a.s.o.
Click Ok.
Rotate the resulted view like it best suits you.

I flew my Air Over the tower and took pictures I will be posting shortly, I could always use additional eyes, but I didn't see anything when I looked at the pictures close up

Here we go. I zoomed in, scanned, can't see anything. Again, this is completely mind blowing that I cannot find it anywhere.

Attachments

• DeptfordTower-3.jpg
    DeptfordTower-3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 270
  • DeptfordTower-6.jpg
    DeptfordTower-6.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 267
  • DeptfordTower-12.jpg
    DeptfordTower-12.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 243
I see a lot of junk down on the ground where it could be, but I still think it could be in one of those trees.

20190408_094801.jpg

I think you've found it. It's upside-down, the legs and the gimbal can be seen.
Its shadow on the roof too, nearby the thick black cable.
The screenshot is an excerpt from DeptfordTower-3.
If this is in deed the brid, it's even on the right place, fallen from the direction where you lost radio communication with it, nearby the railway switch.
Go ask the tower owner to allow you to take home your fallen bird and give us the DAT file.
Hurry ! ;)
Lost P4P @ water tower (found).jpg

I think that's it... amazing, you guys rock

This is a common problem drone use for search and rescue - not realizing the size of the field of view and, as a result, being too high to clearly resolve objects of the size in question.

Reactions: Rodee34
Looks like it might still be in good shape too. Hopefully the public works people wont give him any grief about getting it back.

Reactions: Rodee34
What I don't understand, why didn't OA prevent the drone from crashing upon RTH? I know it works. I've seen videos of the drone stopping and gaining altitude while in RTH.

Reactions: grandpap4p
What I don't understand, why didn't OA prevent the drone from crashing upon RTH? I know it works. I've seen videos of the drone stopping and gaining altitude while in RTH.
Maybe it just skimmed the top of the hoses/wires, and the sudden stop caused the battery to fly out, where it slid down and off the tower?

Reactions: Ansia
As of right now I am working on a recovery mission.

My Mavic cant carry the weight, another friend has a Phantom, we may rig up a grappling hook to some string.

Other option is finding a cell tower service guy... had no luck yet.

It rained the other day, so it's no doubt ruined. But at least recovering will allow me to use refresh.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj