losing signal between phantom and controller

Reaction score
Hello,
I have phantom 2 vision + v3.0 .

I bought it from a neighbor that is a pro with flying drones , he said he never crashed it and he have the recite that prove that he bought it two weeks before I bought it from him , it's that he want the phantom 3 .
It is the controller with the gimbal wheel ...
I was flying it in open space ( mountains)

im flying on Phantom mode.
when the drone is away about 100m it lose the signal of the controller, and going into going home mode,does someone knows why? all equipment is full charged and updated.

Thanks
Matt

Are your antennas pointed properly -- like this?

AntennaPosition.jpg

Reactions: ali
You should be able to greatly surpass that range if nothing is blocking the signal. Perhaps there is some kind of interference in that area. Try flying in a different location to see if the same thing happens.

You should be able to greatly surpass that range if nothing is blocking the signal. Perhaps there is some kind of interference in that area. Try flying in a different location to see if the same thing happens.
i did try it in different locations...
i think ill try to change it to FCC instead of CE....

One of my phantom visions started all the sudden going in to RTH at about 100m or if it was abouve about 40 feet over head a few weeks ago when its never had a problem before. Turns out the wire to the antenna in the controller which was one of the newer ones and only a few weeks old got its self kinked and the outer sheathing got nicked right inside the joint of the antenna were it bends. So it was actually caused just from the antennas joint pinching it.

so shou
One of my phantom visions started all the sudden going in to RTH at about 100m or if it was abouve about 40 feet over head a few weeks ago when its never had a problem before. Turns out the wire to the antenna in the controller which was one of the newer ones and only a few weeks old got its self kinked and the outer sheathing got nicked right inside the joint of the antenna were it bends. So it was actually caused just from the antennas joint pinching it.
so, should i open the controller to check it?

so, should I open the controller to check it?
I wouldn't hurt. being you got it used and no worry about voiding djis almost non existent warranty any way.
Just be careful with making sure any of the plugs go back in the right spots. and not to pinch any other wires in between the 2 haves when you close it back up.

If it is a pinched broken antenna wire tho the only real cure is to replace the whole antenna with an antenna mod upgrade. Which involves needing a ipx to sma pig tail cable and a 5.8ghz wifi style antenna with an sma screw in connector . and some changes to the hole on top so that the replacement connector can be held in place when the 2 halves are shut.

But I guess first we can wait to see if thats the problem or not. If it is then can point you were to see how its done. If its not there are a few other things you can check on the phantoms side of things. like if both the tiny 1/2 inch long thin wire on the end of the antennas on the legs are straight. or not missing on the antennas. That wire can be pretty delicate and can break of. Or if bent can effect reception.

so shou

so, should i open the controller to check it?
Did you ask your neighbor whom it bought it from if he had the same problem?
I had the exact same problem with a brand new phantom vision 2 plus with the v3 update (gimbal wheel on controller etc.) I did as suggested by this forum and Dji tech support checking the flight assistant for updates and the distance limitations.. Different locations etc.... Dji wanted me to send it in for repairs I said since it was brand new with this problem I wanted a new one. No problem they e mailed me shipping labels and they sent me a brand new one once they recived the defective one. If you're neighbor just bought it and has the receipt send it back for a new one you shouldn't have issues with a new unit. Dji tech support is easy to work with if you tell them what you want and have the patience for long times on hold when you call.

I had the same problem. The black antenna cable kinked at the neck of the antenna hole. I had a spare old controller and did a transplant.

Reactions: J.James

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers