P3 Firmware Loose Props or Missing

Reaction score
I hope somebody can help with this problems. I just updated the DJI GO App on my IOS, and updated the Firmware for my Phantom 3 Advance to v1.10.90. The update seemed to be going through all the right steps without any problems. Once everything was updated I turned on my Phantom as usual. Once I started the Motors I got a message in the Go App saying "Warning loose or missing propeller". I had not attached the Props, so I pulled down and in on both Sticks to stop the Motors and I'm seeing that this isn't shutting down the Motors anymore.
I haven't powered my Phantom up in a few Months and never tried turning it on before updating the Go App and the 10.9 Firmware.
At this point, I'm afraid to even put Props on it to test anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Put the props on and guide it with your hand to see if it is moving properly. The motors wont stop running untill the aircraft gps and sensors says the arcraft has stopped decending

Ok, firstly, get out of the use of pulling both sticks down and out to shutdown, this method is for emergency shutdown only. It's only there if you have crashed and need to kill the motors. If you use it any other time be prepared for a bad day.
The latest firmware changes the time to three seconds for the CSC to shut down the motors to try and help prevent accidents.
Secondly, get used to just holding the left left stick down after landing to stop the motors. This is the safest way to stop your motors.

As for the warning, the new firmware can tell if you don't have your props installed or if they are loose when the motors spin up and will display that warning. It won't be there when you put your props on properly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: EPT160
Ok, firstly, get out of the use of pulling both sticks down and out to shutdown, this method is for emergency shutdown only. It's only there if you have crashed and need to kill the motors. If you use it any other time be prepared for a bad day.
The latest firmware changes the time to three seconds for the CSC to shut down the motors to try and help prevent accidents.
Secondly, get used to just holding the left left stick down after landing to stop the motors. This is the safest way to stop your motors.

As for the warning, the new firmware can tell if you don't have your props installed or if they are loose when the motors spin up and will display that warning. It won't be there when you put your props on properly.

Thanks for the information. This is the first time I've started the Phantom since the recent upgrade. I've always only use the CSC when it's on the ground already. I started the motors after finishing the update (with no props) and noticed this was something that never happened before. I've had my Phantom for over 2 years, but haven't flown it for several months. It seems like several things have changed since I last the last update.

No worries, but seriously try and get out of the habit of using the CSC to shutdown unless it's an emergency. I promise it will end in tears one day. :)

Tested the Phantom outside and everything seems fine. I don't like the new firmware and Go App updates but atleast everything seems fine. Thanks to everyone that responded

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I don't like not being able to shut the motors instantly. I never had any issues with shutting down instantly, although, I do see where it could be beneficial. I did a very low altitude test and everything worked fine thus far. The real test will be when I fly it at a higher altitude and farther out.
I've read other people's posts having several issues with the update, so I'll have to wait and see.

I hope somebody can help with this problems. I just updated the DJI GO App on my IOS, and updated the Firmware for my Phantom 3 Advance to v1.10.90. The update seemed to be going through all the right steps without any problems. Once everything was updated I turned on my Phantom as usual. Once I started the Motors I got a message in the Go App saying "Warning loose or missing propeller". I had not attached the Props, so I pulled down and in on both Sticks to stop the Motors and I'm seeing that this isn't shutting down the Motors anymore.
I haven't powered my Phantom up in a few Months and never tried turning it on before updating the Go App and the 10.9 Firmware.
At this point, I'm afraid to even put Props on it to test anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Put props on, problem solved

I think everyone uses the sticks to land and take off, I hate the auto land, I just can't trust it.

I don't think anyone is suggesting autoland, they are saying you should hold down the left stick untill motors stop. The intent being to avoid a tip over that isn't uncommon when you use the CSC on the ground.

you have no idea what you're talking about

Really lol, which part don't I know what I'm talking about? Explain or go troll somewhere else.

WTF are you talking about?? Left stick down until motors stop! Give me a break!

Everyone knows the safest way to land is upside down, skipping along the tarmac as you desperately pull both sticks toward each other, screaming as your investment comes to a complete stop.

Stop preaching your nonsense to these sane people

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers