Looking for RC harness to hold level with iPad

Reaction score
Hi gang, does anyone know of a brand of shoulder harness or neck strap for the transmitter with iPad (mine’s the 9.7”) that will hold it all level no hands?

As you know often we need to change batteries or mess with the bird while holding the RC and with a tablet on top it can flip over & maybe fall out of the clamp.

Looking for a harness that will hold it more or less level even if I have to take hands off for a moment.
Suggestions?

Good idea. I’ve got a few. Need to rig a small platform I can screw onto the head.
There isn’t a 1/4-20 thread on bottom of the RC is there? Not in the office to check. But even if there were, not sure I’d want to stress it.
But also I like to be mobile when flying. Often walk about as I fly. Especially on jobs.
I could use a light tripod though & just move it. Just thinking aloud...

Reactions: JeffreyS
Hi gang, does anyone know of a brand of shoulder harness or neck strap for the transmitter with iPad (mine’s the 9.7”) that will hold it all level no hands?

As you know often we need to change batteries or mess with the bird while holding the RC and with a tablet on top it can flip over & maybe fall out of the clamp.

Looking for a harness that will hold it more or less level even if I have to take hands off for a moment.
Suggestions?
I think Hoodman offers the only viable solution to your needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quest-So
Thanks John. That is actually very cool. And if I ever start making money again as a photographer, I may pop for it.
For now, kind of pricey.
But I’m looking at the various options to hold a controller onto a tripod and figuring how to mod something to work with my RRS tripod heads.
I’ve wanted an Arca-Swiss rail for DSLR panos anyway. So I may get a simple rail and figure a way to lock the controller onto the rail.
Open to ideas. If you guys like me have a lot of time on your hands...?

Found this:

Reasonable price. Reviews say it’ll wrk on my RRS Head. Now just something to hold it to the rail.

Found this. Poor mans substitue, but may be ticket for now.
Also If I get the rail , I can screw this piece onto the rail so I’ll have a longer support under the whole RC.
AND I’ll have the rail for panos...

Reactions: vincent228

Suggestions?

Where are you located? I have a DJI harness that I don't and never will use.

Jephoto, I use This One. It is a little pricey but over the past 1.5 years it has been worth it. I put a small flat RSS compatible plate on it so it works with all my tripod head RRS QR's. What a pleasure. And you can quickly release it to hand hold when you need to walk around.

BTW, you no longer need a nodal scale rail for good panos. I do a lot of that and now simply rotate my ball head base. The modern software is much improved and isn't so picky about needing perfectly aligned sequences. Even handholding is possible now. I used to have a chart I made of the nodal point of every lens I had and used the secondary panning base with the rail. I don't use any of that now. And my drone panos are wonderful, too I usually stitch a few carefully made drone frames to create one higher resolution final image. Visit my website to see them.

Jephoto, I use This One. It is a little pricey but over the past 1.5 years it has been worth it. I put a small flat RSS compatible plate on it so it works with all my tripod head RRS QR's. What a pleasure. And you can quickly release it to hand hold when you need to walk around.

BTW, you no longer need a nodal scale rail for good panos. I do a lot of that and now simply rotate my ball head base. The modern software is much improved and isn't so picky about needing perfectly aligned sequences. Even handholding is possible now. I used to have a chart I made of the nodal point of every lens I had and used the secondary panning base with the rail. I don't use any of that now. And my drone panos are wonderful, too I usually stitch a few carefully made drone frames to create one higher resolution final image. Visit my website to see them.
Thx Jeffrey. Appreciated. I did see this. Thought it a bit expensive, but don’t doubt it’s a good thing. I may end up with one eventually.
I’ll have to test out doing some simple panos without the bracket. I used to do a lot of 360vr with fisheye lenses and when you’re that wide parallax does make a difference. But I want to do mid to telephoto landscapes. Maybe it won’t be such an issue with the longer focal length.
What flat plate did you find? Did you pop for a RRS one or did you find a decent 3rd party plate a bit cheaper? Love my RRS heads, but each piece is pricey.

And I’ve been doing drone panos since I started flying in 2014. My favorite thing...
D7122162-9324-429C-99D6-CDAFB05CF668.jpeg

Last edited:
Thx Jeffrey. Appreciated. I did see this. Thought it a bit expensive, but don’t doubt it’s a good thing. I may end up with one eventually.
I’ll have to test out doing some simple panos without the bracket. I used to do a lot of 360vr with fisheye lenses and when you’re that wide parallax does make a difference. But I want to do mid to telephoto landscapes. Maybe it won’t be such an issue with the longer focal length.
What flat plate did you find? Did you pop for a RRS one or did you find a decent 3rd party plate a bit cheaper? Love my RRA heads, but each piece is pricey.

And I’ve been doing drone panos since I started flying in 2014. My favorite thing...
View attachment 119289

JE, I have a LOT o RRS stuff, including L-brackets on many cameras, but for the basic flat plates that are not camera specific, I just make them in my machine shop.

My P4P panos:
wheelerpano1.jpg

whitemtnroadpano1.jpg

harborpano8.jpg

sbshorepano1.jpg

Thanks. I'd like to shoot city scapes but I don't live near one. This one is a single frame, maybe 80 - 100 feet up. This is the courthouse in my town.

abovecourthouse2a.jpg

Reactions: Quest-So
Or, it could be a play on words “Imagine World Peace” from someone who lived though the ‘70’s and who’s perspective is a bit skewed and colorful...

Last edited:
Or, it could be a play on words “Imagine World Peace” from someone who lived though the ‘70’s and who’s perspective is a bit skewed and colorful...
Ah sounds like my past chucking peas out of a helicopter, that's whirled peas lol,,hey just on the harness I sometimes use this one,my remote modified and has 10/1 tablet on it and this can hold the weight if I should want to let it hang for sec,also fitted a camera tripod mount to back of rc to sit on telescopic tripod which works awsome, definitely hands free,,
15940092737539095569571382007628.jpg
20200706_161350.jpg
20200706_161327.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic