Looking for new tablet, what's best for video streaming.

Reaction score
Looking for advice on what tablet to buy to use with my P2V. Right now I can't get live feed to these tablets/phone. IPad mini(1st gen), iPhone 5s, Samsung note 8, iPod 5th gen, iPad Air (1st gen). None of the will stream the video. I've seen on several post that these maybe don't have the processor speed to handle it. So what do all of you use that works great for this. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Looking for advice on what tablet to buy to use with my P2V. Right now I can't get live feed to these tablets/phone. IPad mini(1st gen), iPhone 5s, Samsung note 8, iPod 5th gen, iPad Air (1st gen). None of the will stream the video. I've seen on several post that these maybe don't have the processor speed to handle it. So what do all of you use that works great for this. Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Hey PK,

I think you are may have issues with your WIFI channels or something.

When you say stream the video, you mean FPV, right? Showing the live footage from your craft to the device?

In the past 6 months I have been using a cheap 7" Android Tablet (forgot the brand, but one of those $49 deals at shopko), and a 4 year old IPod Touch 4th Gen, a 3 year old Samsung Galaxy Stellar Smartphone, and a new IPad Air 2, (which is the absolute best out of all of them). I have been able to get video to all of them, but the IPad is the best. I usually set it down next to me and it stays connected to the remore up to 10' or more... Not to speak of the large screen, it makes using the settings buttons and othet features in the App easier.

Let us know if this helps at all.

Reactions: dirkclod
I've had my Note 8 working for the last couple of weeks. All I had to do was change it to the lowest video setting. 320x240 @15fps IIRC.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and love it! Only downside is you have to adapt the mount as it won't fit in the supplied cell phone clamp. I have a tablet tripod mount that I sometimes use to support tablet when accompanied by others so they can also see the fpv feed. I also have a modified clamp mount for the times I want to be more mobile or am alone.

Update: bought an iPad 3 today. Didn't even take it out of the plastic to test my P2V. Sure enough no video. Now I know for a fact it's not my tablets, has to be something else. I have tried God knows how many times reinstalling the app, shut down this, change settings on that till I'm blue in the face. I guess I can still use it for video just can't see it. Good thing I kept my FC40 as it still works great. Could possibly be something wrong inside the camera. A new one cost more than what I paid for the P2V.

Update: bought an iPad 3 today. Didn't even take it out of the plastic to test my P2V. Sure enough no video. Now I know for a fact it's not my tablets, has to be something else. I have tried God knows how many times reinstalling the app, shut down this, change settings on that till I'm blue in the face. I guess I can still use it for video just can't see it. Good thing I kept my FC40 as it still works great. Could possibly be something wrong inside the camera. A new one cost more than what I paid for the P2V.

Oh no, that sucks.

Have you tried setting the preview at the lowest setting in the app? That seems to fix a lot of guys' issues as well.

Yep, at the lowest setting. I've even changed both the cables going to the camera. Still nothing. I'm really perplexed. Calling DJI Monday so they can frustrate me with things I've already tried. Talked to the last week and told me to use the MAC address on the repeater which is wrong, totally different than what's on the box for the camera. Poor things all torn apart on the table.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and love it! Only downside is you have to adapt the mount as it won't fit in the supplied cell phone clamp. I have a tablet tripod mount that I sometimes use to support tablet when accompanied by others so they can also see the fpv feed. I also have a modified clamp mount for the times I want to be more mobile or am alone.

What app did you use? I cannot load the DJI Vision App as it says its for phones only.

Reactions: Clampit
I wanted the DJI Vision app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1. Figured it out. Got ahold of the apk file and installed it manually. Thanks for checking in tho!

I joust bought s.hand samsung galaxy tab p1000 and i cant find app in g.play... Does some have same problem? What I can do.. i try to find apk file but I didnt find any do download....

Nexus 7 works great for me. Also Android can use the amazing Litchi app, not available for apple.
The Play store sometimes lists the DJI app as not compatible with a Tablet, only as a phone app. Download direct from DJI to your PC, transfer to your tablet and install.
I have also installed DJI app, and Litchi on a bargain basement tablet, and they both work, but the screen is poor in bright light.

Update....The Tablet I used....Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1......SUCKS! Video was pixelated(sp?) and laggy. Hell the app was laggy. I dont blame the app I blame the tablet....DO NOT USE THIS TABLET for FLYING!!

It's the small image from fpv feed, stretched to fill screen. You will encounter that with any larger tablet as the preview size is limited to 640x480.

Reactions: wxviewer007

Tab S2 9.7 fits the mount perfect. You can buy an nice adapter that works great with a 10.1 tablet (I used to have a Tab 4 10.1). I noticed Dynamic 3D Solutions has them now. I have not bought the adapter from them but everything else I have gotten from them has been first rate. Dynamic 3D Solutions

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31