Looking for help in identifying video issue

Have you looked through the related posts/threads I linked to in my 3/27 post?

Jello effect is often associated with vibration. You may need to replace the dampers on the gimbal. I detected a bit of moire on the final clip.

First of all, thank you to each of you who have given your input. Since that initial sample, I have reset the drone to factory settings and re-calibrated it. I was hoping this would show better results but I don't think it does.

The first set of shots are directly from the raw log record then a quick color on the second set. I can see the issue in both sets. I do find though that by lowering the sharpening it does help but compromises the video. Also, I do see a 'jelly' effect in some of the shots as well.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
You're getting some jello effect, more than likely from an unbalanced prop. The best way to flush this out is to physically push down on the drone with your hand while you gently ramp up the motors. You should be able to see the vibration in the arm. I made this video using my Phantom 1, but it should work on all drones.

D

Thank you all for the help and guidance. I ended up taking it in to have the problem diagnosed. This is what they told me.

"The gimbal is currently failing calibrations and is also failing when trying to reset the settings back to default, I have also tried to reset the unit back to factory settings but this still did not allow the gimbal to pass calibrations or reset its camera settings. This is a hardware issue and unfortunately, it will have to be replaced,"

Thank you all for the help and guidance. I ended up taking it in to have the problem diagnosed. This is what they told me.

"The gimbal is currently failing calibrations and is also failing when trying to reset the settings back to default, I have also tried to reset the unit back to factory settings but this still did not allow the gimbal to pass calibrations or reset its camera settings. This is a hardware issue and unfortunately, it will have to be replaced,"
Thanks for the update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20