Longest range??

I was out today playing and was able to get to 2200' and still maintain signal. It was in and out a bit, but I was able to make it come home when I wanted. I had direct line of sight to the area it was in and had it at max altitude (385 feet for me). I was using the DJI Go App.

So, what distances have you gotten to with your unmodified setup?

Sean
Don't say "playing" haha.

Reactions: Newbieguy
IMG_5104.PNG
My best so far, works out just over 5300ft / 1 mile, thats unmodified P3S with a cheap windsurfer attached, pretty impressed considering I was expecting no more than 500m here in the UK.

6afd439b341406f117560c7f3bb9ebec.jpg

This was just for fun. Over 10,400 feet away with a phantom 3 standard. Turned around because I was able to photograph the island I was intending too.

Again - the OP is asking about max range with a stock set up. A stock set up means no windsurfer, no external mod, no amp. There are tons of threads discussing max ranges with modified amplified controllers, some of which have been listed earlier in this thread.

I'm sorry mr Mark The Droner. I didn't realize this was the same thread, as I didn't start reading it from the beginning. My dearest apologizes. You seem like a nice guy. Lol I will be more careful in the future, because I get a mothers basement secret psycho vibe from you.

Guy's the OP's post stated
( So, what distances have you gotten to with your unmodified setup?)
so let's stay on topic from here out and let's not forget ..
Be Nice.jpeg

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
I've been able to make it just over 5000ft with a stock drone & controller. I was straight out and back. I was maybe 124 ft high if that.
I was surprise, When It got to 5023 ft I lost signal and started it way back. I had video the whole time. not sure what the deal was with the compass read in the display

Lord bird ya made me have to go back over 2 years to find this but remember the threads well when we were doing these
runs. This was right before I added the DBS to my controller .
Seems like yesterday . Would post the video but to early to listen to guns & roses music right now. :eek:
IMG_0377.PNG

It's finally cooled down that I can get back out and do some long flights again. I'll have to see if I can push the Standard out a little more and keep it stock. What was a nice flight there Dirk

Reactions: dirkclod
I was able to reach over 2K feet on my standard with only the windsurfer installed.

I was out today playing and was able to get to 2200' and still maintain signal. It was in and out a bit, but I was able to make it come home when I wanted. I had direct line of sight to the area it was in and had it at max altitude (385 feet for me). I was using the DJI Go App.

So, what distances have you gotten to with your unmodified setup?

Sean
Ok Sean this is what I would say was a good run. No wind , temp in the low 80's. I had not flown this drone before this and at 1500ft it stopped reached maximum I turned it off and keep going. It did shocked me that I got this far.

Last edited:
Reactions: seanhagerty

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl