Longest range??

6a2a14e500d03df2def3eec369b43838.jpg

I think I've angered the drone gods. I decided to see exactly how far out I could get. After reaching the distance in the pic I got an error message on the RTH that stated something about limiting my distance and altitude. The bird finally came home. I'm now getting a weak transmission signal when the drone is only a few feet away. Weird

Exactly 1 mile at 250ft altitude, bare stock P3S (bought refurbished from DJI), FCC mode, latest firmware/app, eBay windsurfer. At that distance, video and telemetry was substantially lagging and control signal kept dropping.

6a2a14e500d03df2def3eec369b43838.jpg

I think I've angered the drone gods. I decided to see exactly how far out I could get. After reaching the distance in the pic I got an error message on the RTH that stated something about limiting my distance and altitude. The bird finally came home. I'm now getting a weak transmission signal when the drone is only a few feet away. Weird

My view of the DJI Go app looks different than yours.

Reactions: Newbieguy
In a standard without any controller mod? I don't believe it. Mine can only go as far as 1500 feet. I have a windsurfer as well. I go on open field, countryside without any interference.
I did it over a lake straight out.

Attachments

• IMG_0564.PNG
    IMG_0564.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 368
13000ft is my best 26000ft round trip. Landed 100m down the road in someone's back garden at 8pm, I miscalculated the head wind. Recovered the drone, just knocked on the house, awkward conversation "hey there's a drone in your back garden..." that was 2 and half years ago and now distance isn't a thing for me, I did do 22000ft round trip a few weeks back.

Reactions: Rohanm
I couldn't get better then 1200-1500 feet stock and I'm flying in an area with Zero interference its over a swamp that's approx. 3X6 miles with DBS in the same location I get 7K and disconnect

I have made Litchi waypoint missions over 7500 feet by going to 400 feet altitude and using my $14 parabolic reflectors on my RC's antennas. My signal has remained 100% on telemetry and control when it is in the clear. I return with 35% battery left. Without the reflectors I get about 4,000 feet till LOS. I mostly fly waypoint missions so it will come home without depending on RTH. just more comfortable using Litchi.
Jim
WA5TEF

I was out today playing and was able to get to 2200' and still maintain signal. It was in and out a bit, but I was able to make it come home when I wanted. I had direct line of sight to the area it was in and had it at max altitude (385 feet for me). I was using the DJI Go App.

So, what distances have you gotten to with your unmodified setup?

Sean
....I got 3,700 feet about a month ago / distance

I have got out as far as 5,000 ft away with a wind surfer over water, but if I have too many trees, homes, telephone poles and wires, it will not go normally much more then 1,200 feet away before it will start to give me transmission signal problems.
I don't like to fly over populated areas and not be within line of sight, I have tested the max altitude a couple times just for the experience, maybe not the max, but 1,300 ft above ground level.
Doing that on a regular bases is not something that I encourage, but I have to say going far away, or high up never did provide me with any fear or anx to be concerned about.
Now being up around 200 feet and away less then 300 feet and having a strong wind all of a sudden come in, was a very nerve wracking experience when faced with 40 mph winds.

phantom 3 standard unmodified in a high RF area I was lucky to get 1500'. Now with magic power in an FCC area with my DBS ITE-DBS01.4 antenna mod I cracked 8000' In the same area. Definitely worth the price.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-23-10-00-22.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-23-10-00-22.png
    2 MB · Views: 322
I have read all these posts, and I wonder why so much difference in distance? I too have a P3S, mine will go on a clear day with minimal rf resistance about 1500 feet.
So I went with a friend where I had all the space to fly with no obstructions, again a good clear day for best RF signal. No change, around 1500 feet.

I have tried to calculate the distance vs battery supply to see just how far you can fly. Again, the differences in flight distances are ? Something is missing, and it's not nerve as I let mine rip>

I was out today playing and was able to get to 2200' and still maintain signal. It was in and out a bit, but I was able to make it come home when I wanted. I had direct line of sight to the area it was in and had it at max altitude (385 feet for me). I was using the DJI Go App.

Sean
6000 feet unmodified. With Itelite antenna mod, over 15000 feet.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Sean
The best I was able to get was about 1700' unmodified. After installing the Artec Range extender, I lost sight but not control, excellent video and control thru 3700'. I could have gone further but saw no point. I was at 400' height.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4