LIVE Streaming - Help with pending hurricane...

Reaction score
Hi guys...so I feel like a knucklehead. I have been asked by Emergency Management folks to provide a LIVE feed via YouTube for any possible post Hurricane storm damage in Florida. I have a YouTube Channel, but I cannot "enable Live stream" viewing. I have watched numerous videos to enable LIVE Stream, but I am unable to do so. Can anyone help??? Also, one thread said I MUST have 1,000 followers on my YouTube channel. Is this correct. Any help very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

Also, one thread said I MUST have 1,000 followers on my YouTube channel. Is this correct. Any help very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!!
They do have a restriction for live streaming from a mobile device. You have 89 subs right now, so your live streaming would be disabled while using a mobile device. FYI that I have seen a few videos with workarounds, but I don't live stream so I never really bothered to look into it at all.

Here is some info:

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
They do have a restriction for live streaming from a mobile device. You have 89 subs right now, so your live streaming would be disabled while using a mobile device. FYI that I have seen a few videos with workarounds, but I don't live stream so I never really bothered to look into it at all.

Here is some info:

Thanks so much for your response! I really appreciate it. Yes, 89 subs. Since I would be out in the field flying for Emergency Personnel, I would be using my mobile device. Yikes....I wish there was away around this. Thanks again! Tom

Tom,
If you want to send me an PM, I might be able to help. I built a RMTP server that takes the RMTP option from the DJI Go App (or something similar) and pushes it back to Youtube and that bypasses the minimum requirement, but I mainly use it as a private stream to VLC. If you want to use it over the next few days during the storm, drop me a PM.

Mark

Tom,
If you want to send me an PM, I might be able to help. I built a RMTP server that takes the RMTP option from the DJI Go App (or something similar) and pushes it back to Youtube and that bypasses the minimum requirement, but I mainly use it as a private stream to VLC. If you want to use it over the next few days during the storm, drop me a PM.

Mark

That's VERY kind and GENEROUS of you! Kudos to you Mark!!

Reactions: JoBe and Shoot4fun
Tom,

Mark
I woud love to know how you did this? I as well am working with our Local EOC and I am looking for options to be able to live stream back to them,
Wade

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna