Potential New Owner - P4 Standard with streaming issue

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I am looking at getting a Phantom of some kind and have stumbled across a P4 Standard for sale as 'Spares' because the owner can only get the video to stream via Facebook live. They want £250 for it with 1x battery, and couple of other bits but nothing major.
My question is, given that the drone is streaming to FB, the camera clearly works. is this worth a gamble on the chance that a factory reset will fix the issue. or is it a common issue?

Your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi folks,
I am looking at getting a Phantom of some kind and have stumbled across a P4 Standard for sale as 'Spares' because the owner can only get the video to stream via Facebook live. They want £250 for it with 1x battery, and couple of other bits but nothing major.
My question is, given that the drone is streaming to FB, the camera clearly works. is this worth a gamble on the chance that a factory reset will fix the issue. or is it a common issue?

Your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Can't say I have try live with fb but if that's working I don't think it be that hard to sort it and then again some phantoms have mind of their own,,,for the price I would jump on it,,I just gamble on new used p4 and it was a steal ,only had 4 flights on board,,,me has feeling this might be good buy

thats my thinking, I get the feeling a setting has been messed with and it needs reset. I can always pass it on for parts and not lose too much ££ on it.

thats my thinking, I get the feeling a setting has been messed with and it needs reset. I can always pass it on for parts and not lose too much ££ on it.
Yes you might end up with good drone

Well, I bit the bullet and bought the Phantom 4. Should have it by Friday/Saturday. Hopefully it will be an easy fix and not disaster.

Well, I bit the bullet and bought the Phantom 4. Should have it by Friday/Saturday. Hopefully it will be an easy fix and not disaster.
How did it come along, was it indeed just an issue with the settings that needed to be reset or is there other issues?

Hasn't arrived yet. Yodel have it in there depot. Should arrive today. Will post back when it arrives and I have turned it on.

Do it finally arrived. And it all seems to work. There is an issue with the video transmission to the app though. The image is being transmitted and received but it is very broken up. Like there is interference. I did spot a warning in the initial start up that says 'poor radio signal' or something. I will screen shots shortly.

OK. Here are the screen shots from the app..

The clear image is with the remote right up against the drone and the pixelated one is what happens when I move away. The other one shows the message regarding poor radio channel. Is there away to change the channel??

I notice that one of little covers at the tops of the legs has been messed with, could there be an antenna issue??
72a990b65a7793755a26dc2dd39b04de.jpg
57ad3786067ccbbcc74ec6bdc6be34e2.jpg
1165f80ba277869da5f465c7d6d8ee33.jpg

So, quick update...
the remote was at 1.9.3, but I downgraded and re upgraded anyway. And the relinked the remote to the P4, no improvement. I have checked my channel screen and I do not have the 'auto' + 'custom' options. That will be why I didn't notice it before!

I am about to refresh the firmware on the P4 to 2.00.0700 and relink again and see it that helps.

OK. Assistan 2 tells me that I am on the latest version 2.00.0700 but when I connect to DJI Go it says there is a firmware update and says 2.00.0700(AC) and gives me the down grade options of 2.00.0700 and 2.00.0160 (I think it was) what the hell is going on.!!

to be clear.
Phone connected to remote - Remote firmware= 1.9.3 Drone Firmware = seems to be unknow, but it says it needs updated to 2.00.0700.

Phone connected to Drone - DJI Go says Drone is on 2.00.0700. Somehow the remote does seem to understand what the drone is telling it. But I seem to have control of the craft. I can move the camera and spin up the motors (I have no blades attached!!!)

I am at a loss.

Last edited:
one thing I have noticed is that when I go into the 'about' section the app lists the app version 4.3.16 the aircraft version as 000000000 with check for updates. and the RC version 1.9.3.
and the image is all green and pixelated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31