Literally my third battery charge... 3 mile long shot with P3 Pro

DBS

Reaction score
Just having a blast out there this morning with the Swarm Boys... we had so much hardware to put up in the air... everybody went home with unused batteries... it was just too frigging hot by 9am

Screenshot of all the birds that were there at the end of the video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Going for 4 miles next... just gadda give it a try!!!

Swarm Boys ;)
Yeah the rides are ace too...
Nice share!

Thanks DBS!

That was awesome to see. I didn't realize an antennae addition could increase the Phantom 3 reach, so much.
Are those units very expensive to acquire?

RedHotPoker

DAMMIT!!

Went out this morning to try for 4 miles... but the wind was messing with me :mad:

Headed down range and got up to 400ft AGL and about 4000ft down range and noticed my speed was a little over 40mph... :confused: ... no good... if it's that fast going out it's gonna be just as much slowed down on the way back so I bailed out and headed back...

Oh well... there's always another day. :cool:

Reactions: LMC
and noticed my speed was a little over 40mph... :confused:

Hey I love it when its 40 mph. As long as its the return leg !

Nothing more nerve wracking than making a nice distance run to find you are only doing 15-18 mph on the return !

We have had wind the last week.. Night liking it.

Would you say an average of 30 mph be about right? Indicating wind appropriate for return

Thank-you

Getting setup for 4 miles is hard … :mad: ... made two attempts already and keep getting boinked by the wind.

The bummer is when you don't know it until you get up over 300ft altitude... everything seems so good on the ground... and everything still seems calm heading out the first mile or so as you slowly climb... and then you see it... you get above a certain altitude and you see those speed numbers start changing drastically :cool: then you gadda just make that cool decision to bail and try another day or risk running out of battery on the way back :(

Feel like a kid sometimes , all bummed , but still enjoy the moments out there ;)

Are you getting cold feet... come on take it for a spin... I did and nearly lost the bird.. still trying to figure out if it was my 'fault'

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watch those props spin at the start without any battery power.... need to regenerate power into the lipo

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic