Litchi

Reaction score
So today its my birthday .
I thought I might treat myself to the Litchi app for my P3S. However seems to be some negative reviews about it , so just wondering about it ,and would appreciate any recent opinions on the latest releases of the app .( good/bad points)

Reactions: yakka and smackc4
So today its my birthday .
I thought I might treat myself to the Litchi app for my P3S. However seems to be some negative reviews about it , so just wondering about it ,and would appreciate any recent opinions on the latest releases of the app .( good/bad points)
Litchi is a great app if you are wanting to do waypoint missions and has been well tested by a huge number of users.
I wouldn't be at all concerned by negative reviews.
The DJI Go app also gets poor reviews and it's also a great program.
The negative reviews come from people that can't/don't read instructions or blame the app because they misused it.
The negative reviews don't match my experience with the program at all.

The plus side; it’ll do anything you tell it to.

The minus side: it’ll do anything you tell it to.

Like Meta4 said, it’s negative reviews are full of people saying it flew off on them, it wrecked their drone, it’s a piece of junk app, etc. etc., right after they told it to fly their thousand dollar toy into a tree or a river or something. Search this forum, there’s several accounts of people losing their drone with it, and almost invariably people here end up identifying the point in their mission program where they specifically told their drone to kill itself.

Happy birthday dude. Def get the litchi app. I spend most of my time on it. It gives constant verbal updates on all your data like speed, distance, height, etc.... Plus if your on Google you have a 2 hour refund window after purchase. Also download litchi hub on your computer. ... Play with that first so you get an idea on how to set missions. Then you can syn it with the app and vice versa

Reactions: Dounin Front
I fly mainly with Litchi now. I love it. Just do your missions carefully. The beauty is that the drone will complete it mission even if you loose the connection.

I fly exclusively with Litchi. Still got my P3S, never had a 'fly away'. You can enable verbal commands so you are in no doubt what the aircraft is doing. This is handy if you are flying LOS and keeping an eye on the Phantom and not looking at your tablet.

Happy Birthday Davon! Yes, definitely get Litchi... I fly 'mostly' with it now over DJI Go although they are both good and have almost no problems.
What I like the most apart from the things that others have mentioned, is that on a poor day for flying (rain, snow too cold etc) you can still go to the mission hub and plan new flying adventures, whereas with GO you can only fly with it (or use simulator I suppose which is not so good). Litchi has never failed me yet and is loaded with features - you won't regret it!

Happy birthday dude. Def get the litchi app. I spend most of my time on it. It gives constant verbal updates on all your data like speed, distance, height, etc.... Plus if your on Google you have a 2 hour refund window after purchase. Also download litchi hub on your computer. ... Play with that first so you get an idea on how to set missions. Then you can syn it with the app and vice versa
Thank you so much , and will do .

Reactions: smackc4
Happy Birthday Davon! Yes, definitely get Litchi... I fly 'mostly' with it now over DJI Go although they are both good and have almost no problems.
What I like the most apart from the things that others have mentioned, is that on a poor day for flying (rain, snow too cold etc) you can still go to the mission hub and plan new flying adventures, whereas with GO you can only fly with it (or use simulator I suppose which is not so good). Litchi has never failed me yet and is loaded with features - you won't regret it!
That's a great point Pete . And thank you

Happy B'Day!

Been considering Litchi, still less than 10 hours flight time on DJI Go. Will most likely purchase Litchi as I get more experiance.

Litchi=Glitchi

I heard so many great reviews so I downloaded it. I should have tried it right away since Google play will give you your $$$ back if not satisfied in 3 hours. :(

I am using a Samsung S3 tablet, 64 gigs of memory. Whenever I power up the P3, it says its disconnected and then despite it being connected to the P3 wifi, the app stops and then I get an error saying the app has stopped working. This does this several times after I reboot my tablet and about the 3rd try, it DOES work. I am uncomfortable using it though because it seems unstable. So I went back to the DJI GO app which so far seems faithful and connects every time. I really wanted Litchi to work because of all of the features and all. I wish they had more of a trial version for people like us to give it a try before we buy. I am sadly disappointed.

I love it. Never had a problem with it. Using the waypoints are easy. Using iPad mini 3.

Litchi=Glitchi

I heard so many great reviews so I downloaded it. I should have tried it right away since Google play will give you your $$$ back if not satisfied in 3 hours. :(

I am using a Samsung S3 tablet, 64 gigs of memory. Whenever I power up the P3, it says its disconnected and then despite it being connected to the P3 wifi, the app stops and then I get an error saying the app has stopped working. This does this several times after I reboot my tablet and about the 3rd try, it DOES work. I am uncomfortable using it though because it seems unstable. So I went back to the DJI GO app which so far seems faithful and connects every time. I really wanted Litchi to work because of all of the features and all. I wish they had more of a trial version for people like us to give it a try before we buy. I am sadly disappointed.
All is not lost, contact litchi, explain your situation and they will send you a different APK file. Make sure you tell them what phone your using. They are very good at replying to customers. Something DJI could learn from to be honest

Litchi=Glitchi

Since you have both Go and Litchi on same device, you should force close each app prior to use. Once opened, they remain in memory despite closing the app and/or using the close all button.
Go to settings/app/then litchi and go and force close both prior to flying. They dont work well when in memory at same time.
See if that works on your S3.
Luck

There are 4x the 4+ star reviews for Litchi.
A cursory look at the low ratings shows ineptness in most cases.
Litchi is a fantastic app.

All is not lost, contact litchi, explain your situation and they will send you a different APK file. Make sure you tell them what phone your using. They are very good at replying to customers. Something DJI could learn from to be honest

Awesome! I didn't know that - I did write a review on Google play but will take your suggestion. THANKS!

BTW - HOW do you contact them? NO INFO on their website or maybe its not obvious....

Help - Litchi

Last edited:
Since you have both Go and Litchi on same device, you should force close each app prior to use. Once opened, they remain in memory despite closing the app and/or using the close all button.
Go to settings/app/then litchi and go and force close both prior to flying. They dont work well when in memory at same time.
See if that works on your S3.
Luck

I didn't have GO on my tablet - its a brand new tablet and has only had litchi on it. My phone has GO on it. I deleted the Litchi on my tablet and installed GO which seems to work fine.

I may try Litchi again AFTER I contact Litchi and see if they have a fix or solution but until then, its GO! Thanks for the insight! :)

Well I have to say, they ( Litchi ) was VERY responsive and I got their email just now. This is what they said if any one else is having issues with a Samsung Tablet S2 OR S3:

We do not have this device, so we cannot guarantee it will work well. Historically the tab S2 from samsung has known connection issues because of bad samsung software, it’s possible the S3 also has these issues.
You could try the below steps:
1.Turn on the drone
2.Turn on the tablet
3.Put the tablet in place and hook the cable from the RC to the tablet
4.Turn on the RC
5.Most likely nothing will happening
6.Reboot your tablet.(cold boot)(Do not turn off drone or RC, leave as
it is, ON)
7.After reboot, will pop up on screen asking about a USB link. Press OK
8.The Litchi will start on and show a connection with the drone

Recent Posts

Members online