Litchi waypoints gimbal won't focus on the POI

UPDATE: I got a direct answer from Litchi...
litchi.png

Pretty disheartening considering I measured on google maps the distance for the controller to start cutting out (2000 feet), I was hoping litchi waypoints was the answer to getting decent, longer distance footage.

Last edited:
UPDATE: I got a direct answer from Litchi...

Pretty disheartening considering I measured on google maps the distance for the controller to start cutting out (2000 feet), I was hoping litchi waypoints was the answer to getting decent, longer distance footage.

Agreed, sad that autonomous missions that lose connection will fly but will not change gimbal pitch to frame POIs.
There are several scenarios that I might want to film that this issue will prevent.

Reactions: JGuff330
Agreed, sad that autonomous missions that lose connection will fly but will not change gimbal pitch to frame POIs.
There are several scenarios that I might want to film that this issue will prevent.
I agree, seems worthless if the only thing you can do is aim straight out at the horizon.

I agree, seems worthless if the only thing you can do is aim straight out at the horizon.
Did you read any of my posts in this thread? Litchi can definitely do more than look out at the horizon on autonomous missions.

Did you read any of my posts in this thread? Litchi can definitely do more than look out at the horizon on autonomous missions.
My concern is it not automatically adjusting the pitch while out of range. You said that your "work around" for this is to adjust the gimbal to the desired pitch before it goes out of range. That would mean that it's pointed down for 1/2 the flight and only the part I needed it to be pointed down would be usable footage. Doesn't seem very efficient to me.

i would be scared to let it fly without testing the altitudes first at the site. i dont think i would just plan a route on my computer and let it fly it because it could be chopping people up on the way round haha.

How to end the mission in litchi and take control back ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How to end the mission in litchi and take control back ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Does it automatically. It says WP at the top when in waypoint mode and then changes from WP to GPS when it reaches the last waypoint. Then it just hovers

I'm having the same issues with POI focus in Waypoint as well, not changing the gimbal/camera pitch at all. I even tried Waypoint with an "interpolated" settings at each waypoint and manually set the gimbal to some really negative settings. Did not change the pitch at all. I do have it set to CUSTOM and interpolate between all waypoints. No camera angle changes, except for the very first one as it began its mission. Then I tried Orbit around my house, the camera pitch changed, pointing downward at my house so I know Litchi has control of the gimbal pitch (up/down). What's going on? This has happened in the last official release as well as the last 2 betas. I had no issues with it before that. I have a Phantom 4 if that makes a difference.

I'm having the same issues with POI focus in Waypoint as well, not changing the gimbal/camera pitch at all. I even tried Waypoint with an "interpolated" settings at each waypoint and manually set the gimbal to some really negative settings. Did not change the pitch at all. I do have it set to CUSTOM and interpolate between all waypoints. No camera angle changes, except for the very first one as it began its mission. Then I tried Orbit around my house, the camera pitch changed, pointing downward at my house so I know Litchi has control of the gimbal pitch (up/down). What's going on? This has happened in the last official release as well as the last 2 betas. I had no issues with it before that. I have a Phantom 4 if that makes a difference.
Make sure that in "Mission Settings" you have "Waypoint Defined" as your Heading.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik