Litchi waypoint question

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a PS3 and Just need a little clarification here . Been flying a while with the DJI go app. I recently downloaded Litchi app and was interested in running a waypoint mission nothing far off just want to see it work. My question is what happens after it hits its last waypoint ? I have read enough to know to set my last way point close to my home point but once it gets there do i have to do anything special to take control of the bird after the mission is complete? Like what do i need to do to bring it in safely after mission is finished Also , when running the mission where does my s1 switch need to be . Do i need to be in f mode and flip back to p mode when finished? Any help would be much appreciated. Just dont want to screw up and lose my phantom .

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

You have options as to what happens when the mission ends. From the litchi manual "Choose an action that the aircraft will perform at the end of the mission. Available choices are "None", "Go Home" ("RTH" on iOS), "Land", "Back to First Waypoint" ("Back to 1st" on iOS) and "Reverse". "

And we have learned that in order to use land, the Phantom must be getting a signal from the controller. Otherwise it goes home.

So does this pop up at the end of the flight ? Or is this something i preset ? Sorry im new to this . Ive watched tons of videos on YouTube but none of them have showed what happens at the end of the mission. I know all about how to do the mission lol .

It will return to home if that is your setting. One thing to note that if you lose signal on the standard, the drone will hover and not RTH. That disclaimer is in the Litchi notes.

Okay thank you so much for your information. I just want to confirm one thing let's say I choose hover at the end of the mission. At that point am I automatically in control of my bird again? Or is there anything that I need to do to take control of it? And when flying the Waypoint should my switch be in F mode or in P mode ?

Tevek , so waypoints is affected by this too according to this i thought only theses modes were affected? When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue.

Tevek , so waypoints is affected by this too according to this i thought only theses modes were affected? When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue.

That doesn't affect the way point mode on P3S as it states that above in the Litchi instructions it's ONLY those modes listed. During a WP mission it will ignore the RC signal lost and continue the mission.

When it ends you are in control of it as it hovers as long as you are still in remote control range, you can still move the AC even during the mission, except it will always follow the preset course. I.e it follows the route you've set regardless but when connected to the RC you can yaw it etc so you can concentrate on the cinematography.

Hope this makes sense

Ok cool thanks so much to all of you for your help . I really like my phantom and I'm not one to just put it up there and say let's see what it does . I like to know what I'm getting into before I start it . Trying to be a responsible flyer. Ok so no one has still answered the switch question? Does the right flip switch stay up , middle , or down during this whole process ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The reason I ask is because in my DJI app I have to flip it down to fly waypoints. Just wondering if litchi is the same .

The reason I ask is because in my DJI app I have to flip it down to fly waypoints. Just wondering if litchi is the same .
Yes it is the same, switch all the way down. You can also cancel a mission in progress too, if you like (same switch just flip it through a few times). That is assuming you are in radio range. If out of radio range, you are just going to have to wait until it is back in radio range.

Thank you all so much for clearing this all up for me . I'll send this bad boy up and let you guys know . And I never have flown out of sight or anywhere near my max distance. Lol . The furtherest I've ever flown is 700 ft away . I'm a wussy I guess . Just trying to be safe . Thanks again guys .

Thank you all so much for clearing this all up for me . I'll send this bad boy up and let you guys know . And I never have flown out of sight or anywhere near my max distance. Lol . The furtherest I've ever flown is 700 ft away . I'm a wussy I guess . Just trying to be safe . Thanks again guys .
It is better to be safe than sorry. :)

Litchi is a great program, if just for the waypoint program. Find a field, lay out a 4 square waypoint mission, set all the altitudes at 15 feet and see how it works. I have end of mission set for hover.

When I Run a real mission, I have it come back at altitude to the last point. As I don't want the bird hovering at 200 ft, I insert a final waypoint 5-10 feet away at 15 feet. That allows me to bring it down and hand catch.

Ok cool thanks so much to all of you for your help . I really like my phantom and I'm not one to just put it up there and say let's see what it does . I like to know what I'm getting into before I start it . Trying to be a responsible flyer. Ok so no one has still answered the switch question? Does the right flip switch stay up , middle , or down during this whole process ?

Sorry! I knew I left something off my response. Glad you got the answer on the end. Let us know how you get on!

Litchi is a great program, if just for the waypoint program. Find a field, lay out a 4 square waypoint mission, set all the altitudes at 15 feet and see how it works. I have end of mission set for hover.

When I Run a real mission, I have it come back at altitude to the last point. As I don't want the bird hovering at 200 ft, I insert a final waypoint 5-10 feet away at 15 feet. That allows me to bring it down and hand catch.

Good recommendations for the practice field. I found that was useful for learning the Waypoint mode behavior myself. One additional recommendation when practicing waypoint missions in Litchi..... make sure you understand the Signal Lost behavior correctly. You can practice this by turning off the RC in the middle of the waypoint mission in the practice field described above. The mission will complete, but it was a surprise to me to learn that AutoLand does not work if Signal is Lost. Hover works, and RTH works, but AutoLand does not work without the RC connection. If you have Autoland programmed as the last action, and RC signal is lost, it will RTH instead. That can be a problem if your programmed RTH altitude doesn't account for terrain on the unplanned RTH path, or if your waypoint mission didn't leave enough battery to account for unplanned RTH path.

My mistake, I was resorting to my memory which has failed yet again....

Good recommendations for the practice field. I found that was useful for learning the Waypoint mode behavior myself. One additional recommendation when practicing waypoint missions in Litchi..... make sure you understand the Signal Lost behavior correctly. You can practice this by turning off the RC in the middle of the waypoint mission in the practice field described above. The mission will complete, but it was a surprise to me to learn that AutoLand does not work if Signal is Lost. Hover works, and RTH works, but AutoLand does not work without the RC connection. If you have Autoland programmed as the last action, and RC signal is lost, it will RTH instead. That can be a problem if your programmed RTH altitude doesn't account for terrain on the unplanned RTH path, or if your waypoint mission didn't leave enough battery to account for unplanned RTH path.
Thats exactly what i was think of doing on my first run . Setting my 2nd to last waypoint almost directly above my home point at 100ft or higher ,then setting my last waypoint a few feet away about 6 ft off the ground . And i would just land it myself from there. That way if it took off id just grab it .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl