Litchi waypoint mission failure

Reaction score
Hi folks, This has happened twice at separate locations. I created a mission on site using the app not the mission hub. I check my waypoints and altitude. My P4 successfully completes 2 or 3 waypoints then stops forward motion and just begins to gain altitude. It doesn't lose connection with the controller and pushing RTH works fine. I tried recalibrating the compass after it did it the first time but no luck. I'm using an iPad mini 2 and the most current firmware. These missions are taking place over water. Any suggestions on what is happening? Much thanks.

Having issues with Litchi as well. My mission went fine until the final waypoint when the P3S made a hairpin turn and started flying off in the opposite direction. Grabbed control, no problem, but it tends to make me nervous with future missions.

Have you double checked each waypoint? Sounds like you have something in error programmed after the last good waypoint. Keeping those waypoints lined up properly and in proper sequence is kinda hard for me to do and keep up with. Anytime I have a problem with Litchi, I first blame me. I have had no problems with Litchi since I started using it in November. It always executes the waypoints exactly as entered but sometimes, an error will get entered and messes things up. Check all these first and then if you have an older mission saved try flying it again and see if you get the same problem.
Good luck!
Jim
WA5TEF

Hi folks, This has happened twice at separate locations. I created a mission on site using the app not the mission hub. I check my waypoints and altitude. My P4 successfully completes 2 or 3 waypoints then stops forward motion and just begins to gain altitude. It doesn't lose connection with the controller and pushing RTH works fine. I tried recalibrating the compass after it did it the first time but no luck. I'm using an iPad mini 2 and the most current firmware. These missions are taking place over water. Any suggestions on what is happening? Much thanks.
Have you turned off Obstacle Avoidance? You may have the sun/glare playing havoc during the mission.

Have you double checked each waypoint? Sounds like you have something in error programmed after the last good waypoint. Keeping those waypoints lined up properly and in proper sequence is kinda hard for me to do and keep up with. Anytime I have a problem with Litchi, I first blame me. I have had no problems with Litchi since I started using it in November. It always executes the waypoints exactly as entered but sometimes, an error will get entered and messes things up. Check all these first and then if you have an older mission saved try flying it again and see if you get the same problem.
Good luck!
Jim
WA5TEF

I had the very same issue - P4 would stop during the mission and climb to 397 feet. Did several hours of testing and found that I had to turn off Obstacle Avoidance and most importantly Vision Positioning. With Vision Positioning on I could only fly at 5 to 8 mph in P Mode using the DJI Go 4 app - 25 mph with VP off.

Thanks all, no flying weather here for at least the next few days but I will try the suggestions and post back. One note, both times the missions failed I was flying at or just before sunset.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel