litchi waypoint gimbal pitch after connection lost

I ran three missions the last couple of days, testing Poi's using crApple when the signal came back it took over, actually when it was coming home I tried to point it down, it would but then it moved back to programed, actually the last position.

Here is a thought if you tried to correct it once you got signal back, would it then respond (move where it supposed to be)?

Rod

Like u said, same for speed changes between waypoints, also controlled by the APP. If signal is lost, the mission continues at cruising speed that is set.
(Edit: also stated in the Litchi Help link above)
Not cruising speed. It will continue at the speed it was at when signal was lost. This is a very important distinction. Because losing connectivity after a waypoint that drops speed will cause it to run at that speed for possibly longer than you anticipated. You could run out of battery before it gets home.

Not cruising speed. It will continue at the speed it was at when signal was lost. This is a very important distinction. Because losing connectivity after a waypoint that drops speed will cause it to run at that speed for possibly longer than you anticipated. You could run out of battery before it gets home.

I thought my quote “cruising speed THAT IS SET” was a pretty clear explanation of the term. I do see where new users may not get the full meaning so thanks for the additional input. But to clarify...
To new users, and as quoted from Litchi help manual, “By default, the aircraft will use the missions cruising speed setting, but the cruising speed can be overridden at each waypoint using this (speed) setting.” “Whatever speed you have set” is in fact the cruising speed whether it be set in mission settings or waypoint settings. If you don’t specify the cruising speed at each waypoint then the missions cruising speed is used by default. Using waypoint cruising speeds, it is important to take caution as to what happens on signal loss as bsartist explained.

When I read “cruising speed that is set” I interpret that as the mission cruising speed because I think a fair reading of the docs would indicate that cruising speed is defined as the mission setting. When setting speed for a waypoint, that is called just “speed.” The fact that you are “overriding cruising speed” when setting a waypoint speed would tend to back that up. Also the slider for the waypoint defaults to “speed: use cruising speed” and if you drag the slider it changes to “speed: <value>.” This leads me to believe that “cruising speed” is, by definition, the mission cruising speed. At a minimum I think the reasonable person could easily interpret it this way and I was concerned that someone may think that it would revert to the mission cruising speed when it won’t and that could be costly. Actually that would be a good feature! :) But I presume the SDK won’t permit that since I don’t think speed changes can be loaded into the AC.

All good points. Users should have a clear picture by now of how it works and what could happen.

When I read “cruising speed that is set” I interpret that as the mission cruising speed because I think a fair reading of the docs would indicate that cruising speed is defined as the mission setting. When setting speed for a waypoint, that is called just “speed.” The fact that you are “overriding cruising speed” when setting a waypoint speed would tend to back that up. Also the slider for the waypoint defaults to “speed: use cruising speed” and if you drag the slider it changes to “speed: <value>.” This leads me to believe that “cruising speed” is, by definition, the mission cruising speed. At a minimum I think the reasonable person could easily interpret it this way and I was concerned that someone may think that it would revert to the mission cruising speed when it won’t and that could be costly. Actually that would be a good feature! :) But I presume the SDK won’t permit that since I don’t think speed changes can be loaded into the AC.

I need to admit that technically speaking this is the correct and best way people should interpret this meaning of cruising speed. My simple common sense method of interpretation works for me but maybe not others. In my mind, cruising has the same meaning as traveling or going.... whatever speed you’re going is the speed you are traveling or the speed you are cruising, not mattering if it’s set in mission settings or set in the speed setting in waypoint settings... but even though I understand the difference, this is not technically the correct way to interpret according to the documents. No offense taken to being called out. That’s how we learn. :)

Reactions: bsartist
I need to admit that technically speaking this is the correct and best way people should interpret this meaning of cruising speed. My simple common sense method of interpretation works for me but maybe not others. In my mind, cruising has the same meaning as traveling or going.... whatever speed you’re going is the speed you are traveling or the speed you are cruising, not mattering if it’s set in mission settings or set in the speed setting in waypoint settings... but even though I understand the difference, this is not technically the correct way to interpret according to the documents. No offense taken to being called out. That’s how we learn. :)
:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl