Litchi Tracking Help

Reaction score
Hey all, getting use to the highly advertised, highly suggested, and highly rated app Litchi. Overall I like the way it handles and today just started to play around with the functions that are on Litchi that are not on DJI Go. They all worked well but the tracking. My drone could not follow me walking around, me riding around on my quad, even when I had it attempt to track me driving my car... Is anyone else having the same problem and if anybody is having success can you tell me what I could do???

Flying Phantom 3 Standard with the Moto Z Play

Sorry, can't help with your question, but I'm a Litchi user.
Since this a Litchi question it would be great if it was in this section.
Control (Go, Litchi, etc..)

Rod

Hey all, getting use to the highly advertised, highly suggested, and highly rated app Litchi. Overall I like the way it handles and today just started to play around with the functions that are on Litchi that are not on DJI Go. They all worked well but the tracking. My drone could not follow me walking around, me riding around on my quad, even when I had it attempt to track me driving my car... Is anyone else having the same problem and if anybody is having success can you tell me what I could do???

Flying Phantom 3 Standard with the Moto Z Play
Your device needs to be GPS enabled (so as to lock onto the subject) and also capable of crunching a lot of algorithms to perform properly.

Tracking means follow me, :rolleyes:
I knew I missing something.

Rod

Your device needs to be GPS enabled (so as to lock onto the subject) and also capable of crunching a lot of algorithms to perform properly.

How would I know if my device is GPS enabled and if its is good enough to "crunch" those algorithms correctly?

And just for everyone's knowledge I am using the "tracking" feature and not the follow feature. The follow feature works fine, that is the feature that just follows the remote. It is when I drag a box around a moving object that has trouble following. And you can only do that when you are in tracking... If that made any sense

If you have 'maps' or compass as an app on your device, you will have GPS. Pretty sure you will need GPS for the go app to lock on to whatever you are following/tracking. For the same reason you need GPS on your device to reset your homepoint to your controller.

Hum, I think we are all confused, but I do know, @tevek knows a lot about Litchi.

I have seen that option with Mavic, I'm getting that impression from the Litchi's website

"Tracking anything is just one touch away

With Litchi's Track mode, your DJI drone now understands what it sees.
Using state of the art computer vision algorithms, Litchi keeps your selection perfectly framed while you fly the aircraft. Don't want to fly manually? That's ok too, start an autonomous Orbit or Follow and watch Litchi take care of everything.
"

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl