Litchi -- Takeoff Altitude Too High Redux

Reaction score
My home is about 2250 feet above sea level and I routinely take off at altitudes of 2700+. I've flown waypoint missions taking off at around 2720 feet with an above ground clearance of 165 feet without a problem. Yesterday I went to a scenic spot that had a take off altitude of 3850 feet and Litchi gave me "Takeoff Altitude Too High" error. I checked the maximum altitude setting and it was at 500m (1640 feet). My maximum mission altitude was to be 4865 feet (the height of the peak is 4700 feet) and Google Earth shows an elevation gain of 1239 feet. (see map) This shouldn't be a problem. I had no problem flying manually up to 730 feet AGL at that location. I've taken my P3P up to 1300 feet AGL manually (4220 feet above sea level). I know the P3P uses barometric pressure but there should be no difference between manual and autonomous flight. In my opinion this is a bug in Litchi. The maximum altitude setting will allow you to enter values of at least 600m but I haven't tried taking off with this setting.

Thoughts on this issue?

BTW, the route you see below is entirely legal regardless of the altitude.

Attachments

• Calico Basin01.JPG
    Calico Basin01.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 399
Have you checked the maximum altitude setting in the DJI go app? It may be lower than that in Litchi, I've found that that setting and Max distance are mirrored from the the go app despite what I enter in Litchi.

Reactions: BigAl07
I had this same error just last week. I had created a waypoint mission in Litchi Mission Hub that had a single waypoint that was 398ft. Apparently there is a mathematical conversion/formula between Litchi and DJI Go making it think this waypoint was higher than my 120M (399ft) MAX alt giving me the same error message as this thread had listed. I dropped the waypoint to 390ft and the mission loaded and launched without a hitch.

Check your highest waypoint and compare it to your Max Alt settings.

Reactions: FrigidSouls
Have you checked the maximum altitude setting in the DJI go app? It may be lower than that in Litchi, I've found that that setting and Max distance are mirrored from the the go app despite what I enter in Litchi.

No I haven't. Good point, I'll check that out. Thanks!

Reactions: Loz

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic