Altitude, just to clarify:

I live in a very vertical terrain. Take off is 0. I set the RTH at 350. It aways comes back at that altitude. If it hits something, it has to be higher than 350 from my take off point. It's that simple. It is also nice to know, that if I am at an altitude higher than 350 because of following the terrain, it will RTH at the higher altitude. I take control when I get signal and bring it into altitude compliance. RTH is not a normal occurrence. It's the exception put there to prevent the worst from happening. If it hits something, it is the pilots fault. It works.

I live in a very vertical terrain. Take off is 0. I set the RTH at 350. It aways comes back at that altitude. If it hits something, it has to be higher than 350 from my take off point. It's that simple. It is also nice to know, that if I am at an altitude higher than 350 because of following the terrain, it will RTH at the higher altitude. I take control when I get signal and bring it into altitude compliance. RTH is not a normal occurrence. It's the exception put there to prevent the worst from happening. If it hits something, it is the pilots fault. It works.
The point being???

Lol indeed! ?
As usual the thread has diverted from the OP subject but yes, the RTH has always been a point for discussion.
Living in a fairly flat part of the country I set my RTH altitude similar to you at around 300ft. If I hit something up there it'll be a low flying aircraft!
Saying that, I was flying my RC Glider off a local 800ft hill this afternoon when a low flying RAF A400M Atlas came over the hill and I was above it!!

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Lol indeed! ?
As usual the thread has diverted from the OP subject but yes, the RTH has always been a point for discussion.
Living in a fairly flat part of the country I set my RTH altitude similar to you at around 300ft. If I hit something up there it'll be a low flying aircraft!
Saying that, I was flying my RC Glider off a local 800ft hill this afternoon when a low flying RAF A400M Atlas came over the hill and I was above it!!
I remember when I was hangliding at westbury white horse at about 800 ft and a light plane flew underneath me, he woud have seen me as there were many others flying with me !!!!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20