Litchi spinning at each waypoint

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I've got a Phantom 3 Advanced, and have been successful running Litchi on my iPad, which I use on my controller. However, I tried a mission where it flies along several waypoints next to a road, and for some reason (I can't figure out), my aircraft spins around several times at each waypoint. Here is a link to the video that was recorded. I also included a link to the actual mission here. The worst spinning happens about 2:17 into the video. I also can't figure out why you see the leg of the Phantom while it is spinning.

If anyone can give me any idea why this is happening, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum!

I had the spinning on one way-point, I was new to Litchi, I re did the mission from scratch, Problem went away.

I have seen the leg in the camera a few times, I think it can come into view on a fast turn.

I have been making all my missions in the hub, I will take a look at yours soon.

Rod

My own flying experience is rather limited, but have used the Litchi app a few times now just for testing, but I would try two things. One would to be check your compass calibration, as it appears from looking at the video that the Phantom is doing its "spin" while hovering at each waypoint. As the Phantom is effectively losing directional input from GPS and relying on compass input alone while stationary (keep in mind this is my own S.W.A.G here and could be totally off base...).
The other thing to try is to download the latest Litchi update (came out in the last day or two), and see how it performs then (two or three waypoints would be fine, me thinks).

Sorry, I couldn't watch the whole video, it wasn't boring. :confused:

Wow, 4 turns at some of the way-points, teach me how to do that! I only had one at one way point. :rolleyes:

Have you read up on what doesn't work with way-points with curved lines?

Try "Focus POI", instead of Interpolate, I still don't get what that does. Because of my location (Home), most of my missions 50% of the mission I don't have signal. So my results are odd anyway. ;)

I kind of think, that missions made on a mobile device, and if you make lots of modifications, that may have a factor of some odd results.

You might learn something, if you upload your flight log to this website, you can share the results if you wish.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Anybody else?

Rod

In the app, under Mission Settings.

What is Heading? Mine is Custom.
Rotations Direction? Mine is Managed.

Rod

Sorry, I couldn't watch the whole video, it wasn't boring. :confused:

Try "Focus POI", instead of Interpolate, I still don't get what that does

I'll take a stab at this comment. I'm sure you know some of this but I'll try to be complete anyway. Both interpolate and focus poi control the rate of gimbal pitch (camera up and down) as you fly from one waypoint to the next. With interpolate, you set the gimbal pitch angles at each waypoint and it smoothly changes gimbal pitch between them so it starts at the first pitch angle and ends at the second pitch angle (at next waypoint) with a linear pitch change between.

Focus POI actually does the same thing. Except you don't plug in your own angles. You tell it to aim at a POI at both beginning and ending waypoints and it plugs in the gimbal pitch angles for you and then provides the linear pitch change between them just like interpolate. In this case if you move the waypoints or move the POI, litchi will recalculate the angles for you.

Sometimes you don't have a POI. You want to put in the angles based on some other creative goal. There you use interpolate.

Hope that helps.

Bill

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj