Litchi question

Reaction score
When I calibrate the compass using Litchi it gives a verbal confirmation of having successfully done so but there is no printed confirmation of it (that I see). Am I missing something?

When I watch a youtube video about someone crashing or loosing their drone the name "Litchi" is usually near by... Just sayin...
That's a crock, obviously you've never used Litchi and since your a newbie here your properly haven't be flying Phantom for too long either. And since you think YouTube seems to be some valid source quotable info ?? Let me set you straight, Litchi is as good as DJI's Go app and some would say even better. You can do things with Litchi that Go could never do. Such as real waypoint planning and VR modes to name two. And it's normal FPV mode (what the Go app is) is used by many as their go to app for normal flight. Just sayin

Person
When I calibrate the compass using Litchi it gives a verbal confirmation of having successfully done so but there is no printed confirmation of it (that I see). Am I missing something?
Personally I always use the Go app to do my compass cal. But Litchi is a much more verbal app than Go is, so maybe that makes sense. Also you don't really need any app for a confirmation, just look at the lights on the drone. They tell you everything you need to know. Flashing yellow >solid yellow>solid green>back to flashing yellow, your done.

Last edited:
So I use Litchi all the time and I actually prefer it over the DJI Go for the P3S. When I do my calibration I get a voice telling me to spin it horizontally and then vertically. I watch the lights to see if it's all good. At first it starts with the back lights yellow. After the horizontal spin they go solid green. After vertical spin they go to flashing yellow and you know it's calibrated.

When I watch a youtube video about someone crashing or loosing their drone the name "Litchi" is usually near by... Just sayin...
And those that crash or lose their drone while using Litchi AND do a thoughtful and thorough analysis of the CRASH always eventually admit pilot error or mechanical failure (unrelated to Litchi). NOT reading the Litchi manual and understanding it is probably the most common cause of Litchi crashes or losses (oddly, the same is true for DJI Go).

Person

Personally I always use the Go app to do my compass cal. But Litchi is a much more verbal app than Go is, so maybe that makes sense. Also you don't really need any app for a confirmation, just look at the lights on the drone. They tell you everything you need to know. Flashing yellow >solid yellow>solid green>back to flashing yellow, your done.
No App required for compass calibration: Toggle the S1 switch back and forth for more than 3 times to calibrate the aircraft's compass.

Reactions: WilliamM
That's a crock, obviously you've never used Litchi and since your a newbie here your properly haven't be flying Phantom for too long either. And since you think YouTube seems to be some valid source quotable info ?? Let me set you straight, Litchi is as good as DJI's Go app and some would say even better. You can do things with Litchi that Go could never do. Such as real waypoint planning and VR modes to name two. And it's normal FPV mode (what the Go app is) is used by many as their go to app for normal flight. Just sayin
Oh I have seen videos where that happens. So it makes sense to me. Litchi allows you to program waypoints without actually flying the route first. And it will fly exactly what you told it to do. And even if you planned the route perfectly and if RTH gets tripped... it doesn't follow the same route back. It makes a bee line straight home. And if a hill or a mountain is in the way, it ain't going to make it back.

Also the setting for what to do when the signal is lost sometimes strangely gets toggled to hover. I can't swear to it, but it seems like this is likely to happen if you just ran the DJI GO App earlier. So I can see a number of Phantoms are lost this way too. So I have made it a point to check this setting before starting the motors.

Person

Great information!! I DIDN'T know about the light sequence. Mine has been doing it all along. When the lights turned from green to flashing yellow during the vertical rotation I assumed it indicated a failed calibration....the opposite of what's true. Thank you soooo much.
For some reason my DJI go app will not register a succesful calibration inspite of many different locations. DJI replaced my P3 S
TWO times thinking it was an aircraft problem which it's not.

No App required for compass calibration: Toggle the S1 switch back and forth for more than 3 times to calibrate the aircraft's compass.
Thank you! I a Pathfinder quad (no app) that caibrates that way. With it you toggle the S1 switch and rotate quad horizontally (green light indicates success) then toggle switch again before the vertical rotation and green light again indicates success. With the P3 the lights turn yellow after vertical rotation and thats why I thought it failed ( also because the DJI go app didn't confirm even though Litchi does).Thanks again.

Reactions: redsectora
Person

Thanks for the reply. Problem solved.

Oh I have seen videos where that happens. So it makes sense to me. Litchi allows you to program waypoints without actually flying the route first. And it will fly exactly what you told it to do. And even if you planned the route perfectly and if RTH gets tripped... it doesn't follow the same route back. It makes a bee line straight home. And if a hill or a mountain is in the way, it ain't going to make it back.

Also the setting for what to do when the signal is lost sometimes strangely gets toggled to hover. I can't swear to it, but it seems like this is likely to happen if you just ran the DJI GO App earlier. So I can see a number of Phantoms are lost this way too. So I have made it a point to check this setting before starting the motors.
I also always double check the setting with every single flight. Even if I'm just changing to my second battery and my device and app are still loaded, but being I did a power cycle on the AC I still double check that setting.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you! I a Pathfinder quad (no app) that caibrates that way. With it you toggle the S1 switch and rotate quad horizontally (green light indicates success) then toggle switch again before the vertical rotation and green light again indicates success. With the P3 the lights turn yellow after vertical rotation and thats why I thought it failed ( also because the DJI go app didn't confirm even though Litchi does).Thanks again.
I don't believe you need to toggle the S1 switch two different times to complete the calibration. You toggle it initially to start the calibration that's it. And it does not go to solid green between each step. It goes to solid yellow letting you know to begin, then goes to solid green after completing Step 1 and then finally flashing yellow at the completion of step two.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wouldn't read a manual to my new toaster. But I'd certainly read every page of a drone manual, and then I'd to it again and again.

Reactions: Pharm
I wouldn't read a manual to my new toaster. But I'd certainly read every page of a drone manual, and then I'd to it again and again.

I've read some great toaster manuals. Your selling yourself short man. There are some awesome info to the mechanics of toasters. The important part on toasters is proper maintenance and cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I've read some great toaster manuals. Your selling yourself short man. There are some awesome info to the mechanics of toasters. The important part on toasters is proper maintenance and cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

What's the best antenna mod for a toaster?? Ha! Just kidding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.