Litchi or Autopilot

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere, but does it hover when it loses signal and then returns home when it reaches the critical battery setting I make in the DJI Go App?
Yes, this would be the current behavior you would see due to the SDK bug.

Not touching either until the issue is fixed.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It doesn't affect Litchi, I can confirm that. Fully tested with rc turned off and it just came back as normal.

Reactions: Yeager74
It doesn't affect Litchi, I can confirm that. Fully tested with rc turned off and it just came back as normal.
In Waypoint Mode I believe you are correct, but they may have other modes or features that are affected. It just depends on if the third-party app in question is using this api. In the case of Autopilot, the answer is yes for every single Mode, as we use our own Flight Controller at all times.

In Waypoint Mode I believe you are correct, but they may have other modes or features that are affected. It just depends on if the third-party app in question is using this api. In the case of Autopilot, the answer is yes for every single Mode, as we use our own Flight Controller at all times.
Yes, I think it would affect their implementation of follow me, and focus as well (Neither of which I use that often ). But it doesn't seem to affect FPV or Waypoint modes at least on Android.
BTW I love your app too, I don't want to seem like I'm Autopilot bashing!

Yes - hovers, and yes, setting a higher critical battery for RTH is a good workaround (same thing I've done).

For what it's worth, I find Litchi easy to use. I'm using an iPad Mini too. Yes, it's missing some features that the Android version has, but they are working on an update. I don't miss the orbit feature since you can set up a box with curves in it and easily have it focused on the center.

I but really like Litchi.

T
Much easier then autopilot

Yes - hovers, and yes, setting a higher critical battery for RTH is a good workaround (same thing I've done).
Could you please confirm if you have tested the setting higher critical battery will initiate RTH? Im running it also but havent been in a position where it triggered yet.

One thing to consider if you plan on autonomous waypoints beyond controller range. Litchi will permit this. Autopilot to my understanding does not. With AP if you lose controller connection RTH is initiated.

I'm just starting to use litchi but have not sent it on a long range waypoint mission as of yet. I'm using iOS devices with my P3P. I've read when the aircraft is out of controller range that the gimbal pitch may not automatically pitch to point at POIs. does anyone know if this is still the case? thanks!

Could you please confirm if you have tested the setting higher critical battery will initiate RTH? Im running it also but havent been in a position where it triggered yet.

It's funny - I haven't tested it - only because I haven't had it happen to me. I rarely have problems with low signal and when I'm running waypoint missions, I start them with a full battery.

I've asked a few of the guys on the team if they've tested it and people have said that it will RTH if the battery is set to a higher / safer amount. If I remember, I'll try and test that this week.

I've had both for a few weeks on a P3P and can confidently say that Litchi is the easiest to learn - as others have said, it has more options on Android than OSX but I believe that in time OSX will almost catch up.
Autopilot has many variables (a good thing) but because of that it does take time to learn properly - there are on-line video tutorials which are very good.
With Litchi I primarily learned by subscribing to the Phantom Filmschool video tutorial courses on www.flylitchi.com - the instructor, Laurence, is excellent and supports the courses via a dedicated Facebook page.
On a recent Litchi pre-planned waypoint mission my Nexus 7 turned itself off and rebooted towards the end of the mission - the P3P continued working it's way through the waypoints until the Nexus rebooted and I was able to regain full control. This has been the only issue I've had in several flights with both apps and cannot subscribe the problem to the app.
Overall I'm more than happy with them both and consider them good investments.

I use both. I only have iOS devices, so only use the current limited iOS version of litchi for quick simple waypoint flying. When I'm real serious and want to plan complex cinematic movements, then I use AP.
Here is a screen record of one of my AP missions. It shows me changing flight plan parameters in flight. The second vid is a final cut of several AP flights.

Just viewed your SoCal landscape video and it was amazing! You had some great shots that were perfectly captured at just the right time of day. I thought the colors were very well balanced and I am sure a lot of planning went into these shots with respect to setting up autopilot and the gimbal position. What filters if any did you use on some of these shots?

Hi,
I can't speak on the Litchi app but on I did test this on the GO app yesterday and when I set the Critical Battery at 20%, it did in fact initiate auto land.

I was able to keep the bird up by pushing the left stick up but it wanted to come down even with me cancelling the auto land over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi,
I can't speak on the Litchi app but on I did test this on the GO app yesterday and when I set the Critical Battery at 20%, it did in fact initiate auto land.

I was able to keep the bird up by pushing the left stick up but it wanted to come down even with me cancelling the auto land over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thank you for the clarification. I have now performed a simillar test (deliberately reached critical battery on a WP mission around a cricket pitch). The bird is definately more intent on landing than allowing you to wrestle it home. It is unlikely the setting higher critical battery as a workaround will be helpful as you are unlikely to loose connection within the limits of where you can get back. In fact it may so more harm than good.

In the intersets of completeness i will say I am continuing to use AP. I have and use litchi also. Both have certain features i find usefull that arent common to both. At present i fly Litchi on any mission i have pre flown manually and find less that excellent signal.

Reactions: UpTo90

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj