Litchi or Autopilot

Oops, "careful" not ,carful"

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm sure some shop carries the Flytrex Live 3G but I usually order direct because you need the Flytrex, the P3 mounting bracket, & the P3-specific connector.
Flytrex had issues with support and responsiveness. I loved it for my FC40, but waited for many months, with many promises for the version on the P3. I finally gave up and move to RF-v16, and am happy

@J&L OP- below is a link of a comparison of the current release iOS versions of Litchi and Autopilot. It focuses on the waypoint modes, but as others have said, Autopilot has several additional features not current in the iOS litchi version. Litchi has promised to bring their iOS version up to same features as their android version, but have not committed to a date.
iOS Waypoint App Comparison: Litchi 1.0 vs Autopilot 3.0 | DJI Phantom Forum

Reactions: J&L
Flytrex had issues with support and responsiveness. I loved it for my FC40, but waited for many months, with many promises for the version on the P3. I finally gave up and move to RF-v16, and am happy

@J&L OP- below is a link of a comparison of the current release iOS versions of Litchi and Autopilot. It focuses on the waypoint modes, but as others have said, Autopilot has several additional features not current in the iOS litchi version. Litchi has promised to bring their iOS version up to same features as their android version, but have not committed to a date.
this
Amazon.com : ReachFar Black RF-V16 Portable SOS Dual Talk Platform Long Standby Time Smart GPS Tracker : GPS & Navigation

Litchi has betas out right now. I think the latest Beta is 1.2

think Ima go with a trackimo and probably put lichi on my droid and autopilot on my ipad mini 2 and be done

Litchi has betas out right now. I think the latest Beta is 1.2
Yes and the betas between 1.0 and 1.2 don't add anything in terms of mode features. Just syncing between devices and support for other model DJI drones

I bought autopilot lastnight and there is a lot to get used to on it for sure. I like how I can use google earth to make routes and import into autopilot and you just gotta tweek it.

In the follow me mode how does it work if the RC is in a car or motorcycle and driving down the road. does the RC have to be pointed at the bird from the moving object. I have some pretty cool country roads id like the phantom to follow me on.

In the follow me mode how does it work if the RC is in a car or motorcycle and driving down the road. does the RC have to be pointed at the bird from the moving object. I have some pretty cool country roads id like the phantom to follow me on.
If the RC is within signal range it does not need to be pointed directly at the bird. The antennas are Omni directional. You can probably get by within 1KM. Another option is to use airspace to connect to someone else's device in the car/motorcycle. However, I believe this is currently limited by range of a local peer network. Eventually AP may expand this to use of a device within the cellular network, then it will really be powerful.

If the RC is within signal range it does not need to be pointed directly at the bird. The antennas are Omni directional. You can probably get by within 1KM. Another option is to use airspace to connect to someone else's device in the car/motorcycle. However, I believe this is currently limited by range of a local peer network. Eventually AP may expand this to use of a device within the cellular network, then it will really be powerful.
So if I understand this correctly. I use a iPad for my dedicated phantom tablet. And I give my iPhone to my cousin to put in is backpack and setup follow me it would follow him using autopilot on his motorcycle? This app seems powerful as is

So if I understand this correctly. I use a iPad for my dedicated phantom tablet. And I give my iPhone to my cousin to put in is backpack and setup follow me it would follow him using autopilot on his motorcycle? This app seems powerful as is
Yes, but you have to setup both devices on airspace using a local peer network (wifi, Bluetooth?). The range is limited by the local peer network. I personally never tried it, so curious how it goes for you.

I think Autopilot is more complete, and even if it has a lot of capability and settings, it is possible to short a lot the learning curve using it at first with the basic options.
One of the immediate benefit you can have is to improve a lot your videos and your pictures, forgetting to spot continuously on your target.

Yes, but you have to setup both devices on airspace using a local peer network (wifi, Bluetooth?). The range is limited by the local peer network. I personally never tried it, so curious how it goes for you.
I'll have to read up on this lol. But definitely something I wanna try. Here is my first waypoint mission. Just messing around with it. Wish is was warmer outside
image.png

Reactions: 2nd2non
I bought autopilot lastnight and there is a lot to get used to on it for sure. I like how I can use google earth to make routes and import into autopilot and you just gotta tweek it.

Same principals apply for antenna and aircraft orientation and LOS for maximising signal strength and quality of connection.

Ended up getting both autopilot and litchi on my IPAD to see which one fits my needs better. I plotted a test course in each and read the 'flight school' literature.

I think my brain just blew fuse

Ended up getting both autopilot and litchi on my IPAD to see which one fits my needs better. I plotted a test course in each and read the 'flight school' literature.

I think my brain just blew fuse
Lol. They are both quite different in their implementation. It all depends on your objective

Every time I create a flight plan I catch my self referring back to the autopilot flight school manual

This is all good information. Does any one know if Litchi has the capability to edit a waypoint during the course of z mission and reload the mission to include the edited waypoint? I believe that Auto Pilot does! Any comments are much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1