Litchi or Autopilot

do you have an opinion of them? Or A preference for one over the other?

Well, I have only used Litchi once or twice on my Android tablet but I have used AP much more on my iPad.
If you're asking about the difference between the two Litchi versions, then I think it comes down to the number of features you want to have, right out of the gate.
Do a versus Google search, you should come up with at least a few hits. But I'm pretty sure the difference in the versions is the number of included features.
Good luck with your choice.

Reactions: artfuldodger
The beauty if you can get both & learn which you like best. One thing to consider if you plan on autonomous waypoints beyond controller range. Litchi will permit this. Autopilot to my understanding does not. With AP if you lose controller connection RTH is initiated.
Crap, really?
Think I want it coming home in that event. or is there something I'm not thinking about?

Features I want are focus, poi, and preflight waypoint

Wouldn't mind a little feedback and opinion from users.
Do you use either of them? If so which one and what is your opinion?

If your were asking me, I have them both and have not used either one extensively yet. I am watching a lot of video on both. The litchi as others have said is minimal for iOS. AutoPilot has many features that I am trying to learn before I use all of its features. I also bought Airnest which is the simplest of all of them. I consider these programs cheap tools as I like to have as many tools as I can.

If you ever had a desire to send your aircraft to a remote waypoint beyond controller range then Litchi would be the way to go since it will permit that. AP would never make it to the waypoint. I personally enjoy the long-range autonomous stuff. I have a Flytrex installed & I can monitor the bird's location in real-time via the Flytrex app. Here's an example...

Crap, really?
Think I want it coming home in that event. or is there something I'm not thinking about?

Features I want are focus, poi, and preflight waypoint

Reactions: Propagandy
the drone continuing course and not coming home if it loses contact is a deal breaker for me. after having to buy two tablets after the drone, I'm not losing this bad boy. Haha
Not, that is a killer idea, just not for my application, if you know what I mean.
Looks like ill be getting the autopilot thing. Unless it won't run well on the IPAD mini 2

If you ever had a desire to send your aircraft to a remote waypoint beyond controller range then Litchi would be the way to go since it will permit that. AP would never make it to the waypoint. I personally enjoy the long-range autonomous stuff. I have a Flytrex installed & I can monitor the bird's location in real-time via the Flytrex app. Here's an example...

Well if you are going to engage in these sorts of missions it is prudent to first install a Flytrex or some sort of tracking device so you have a means to keep tabs on the aircraft & launch a successful recovery operation if necessary. The autonomous stuff works very well, though, as long as you don't overextend the battery range & ensure your altitude is above any obstacles.

the drone continuing course and not coming home if it loses contact is a deal breaker for me. after having to buy two tablets after the drone, I'm not losing this bad boy. Haha
Not, that is a killer idea, just not for my application, if you know what I mean.
Looks like ill be getting the autopilot thing. Unless it won't run well on the IPAD mini 2

Reactions: Fir3b1rd
Well if you are going to engage in these sorts of missions it is prudent to first install a Flytrex or some sort of tracking device so you have a means to keep tabs on the aircraft & launch a successful recovery operation if necessary. The autonomous stuff works very well, though, as long as you don't overextend the battery range & ensure your altitude is above any obstacles.
I agree on a tracker. I have a ping tracker but that's for real cars and will be too heavy. I'm looking to see if that core thing from flytrix will work. It almos looks like the other one blocks the phantom optical sensor.

There is no such thing as slowly getting into this hobby. especially not for someone with alot of electronics knowledge and zero r/c knowledge.

The Flytrex Core is a "black box" data recorder & unnecessary on any P3 because the P3s have far more extensive data-logging already built-in. The Live 3G is their broadband-enabled GPS tracker. You would want to get their custom P3 mounting bracket so it securely mounts off to the side & out of the way of the VPS. There are other tracking solutions available at lower prices but I am a big Flytrex fan. My Vision+ has been recovered 3 times thanks to the Flytrex 3G Live.

I agree on a tracker. I have a ping tracker but that's for real cars and will be too heavy. I'm looking to see if that core thing from flytrix will work. It almos looks like the other one blocks the phantom optical sensor.

The Flytrex Core is a "black box" data recorder & unnecessary on any P3 because the P3s have far more extensive data-logging already built-in. The Live 3G is their broadband-enabled GPS tracker. You would want to get their little mounting bracket with it so securely mount it off to the side & out of the way of the VPS. There are other tracking solutions available at lower prices but I am a big Flytrex fan. My Vision+ has been recovered 3 times already thanks to the Flytrex 3G Live.

More research :(
The b&m here needs a staff that actually informs about all these things. Thank you! Because another 200$ is crazy right now. but I do need to find something with an app. Is there an online drone store with these types of accessories? I'm sorry to be so (noobish).

I'm sure some shop carries the Flytrex Live 3G but I usually order direct because you need the Flytrex, the P3 mounting bracket, & the P3-specific connector. It is solderless & you don't need to open the Phantom to install. If you order direct from Flytrex make sure to pay the $25 Express Shipping option. It ships from Israel & takes a month to arrive if you order the regular $5 option.

It does require a broadband data plan with a Micro-SIM card. It actually consumes very little data & there are plenty of inexpensive pay-as-you-go options available. I have multiple lines with T-Mobile so I wound up with a free 5GB/month data plan for me Flytrex.

More research :(
The b&m here needs a staff that actually informs about all these things. Thank you! Because another 200$ is crazy right now. but I do need to find something with an app. Is there an online drone store with these types of accessories? I'm sorry to be so (noobish).

Reactions: Fir3b1rd
I'm sure some shop carries the Flytrex Live 3G but I usually order direct because you need the Flytrex, the P3 mounting bracket, & the P3-specific connector. It is solderless & you don't need to open the Phantom to install. If you order direct from Flytrex make sure to pay the $25 Express Shipping option. It ships from Israel & takes a month to arrive if you order the regular $5 option.

It does require a broadband data plan with a Micro-SIM card. It actually consumes very little data & there are plenty of inexpensive pay-as-you-go options available. I have multiple lines with T-Mobile so I wound up with a free 5GB/month data plan for me Flytrex.
Son of a goat!!!!!!!
I don't have an apple phone or android phone. All of my cell data devices are Microsoft.

Not trying to be difficult, but, k just heard of litchi and can't find many videos on how it works. I've seen a bunch lf videos and a nice tutorial for autopilot, but litchi seems a little vague. dji go keeps crashing my tablet, so with that said, stability is more important than features.
I'm on an ipadmini2

I've been using (P3A) Litchi for a week or so and am very impressed. It's simple. Here's a video:

I too am using an iPad Mini 2 but no crashes with either DJI Go or Litchi. So that end is a bit of a head scratcher.

T

Not too sure that litchi is going to implement more flight modes in the iOS version, I talk with the developer myself and they dont know if they are going to add other flight modes in the future for iOS.

The autonomous stuff works very well, though, as long as you don't overextend the battery range & ensure your altitude is above any obstacles.
This is the common sense basics of a successful flight, no matter what app you choose. This is surely among the reasons why dji made waypoints be flown and logged first, although it counters battery life by eating into doing so. To that end, that's where these apps come in. But you have to be careful when planning. Add up to as much as two minutes adjusting camera exposure settings as well as pre flight stability checks and flying into position, as well as ending the mission by taking back control and landing. Missions need to be shorter in cold temperatures. Winds aloft can zap energy as well. I also put a lot of attention to the height of the mission, down to each waypoint. Check and check and just for good measure, check a third time and make sure your changes are saved. I prefer a mission be completed if there is a glitch in signal, not have RTH kick in. It's a personal preference. But that's because I keep the bird in view. Be careful to start a mission and just watch it like TV. Eyes on the bird almost always, and finger on the mode switch to cancel to regain control or just pause the flight.

I'm floored with autonomous flight- absolutely hooked on it. Whatever helps me fly to film better quality footage is awesome. Just be very cautious before and during, that's all.

Is there any way to calculate how much battery and flight time it takes for a way point mission

2JZ Powered Phantom 3

Litchi tells you how long a flight will take based on your choice of speed and distance flown. It doesn't take battery life into consideration, as far as I know. That's on you. My mission the other day was 12 minutes. I figured in another three minutes of flight before the mission, a conservative guess that didn't take as long but so be it. The 12 minute flight, from manual take off and landing put the battery at 43% at touch down. That's just about what I expected, knowing what my usual remaining percentages are like for given flight times. It's a good idea to study your flight records in the go app and see what your battery percentages are according to your flight times. I know that if I push a mission to 17 or 18 minutes I'm going to be at 30%at least, if not less. I would make a longer mission come back to film the closest areas last, to get the bird closer as the time ticks down, or make a whole longer mission much closer to me in general.

With regards to Litchi and IOS, has anyone had a problem with the accurate tracking of battery reserve? I am beta testing Litchi for IOS and today the battery hung at 84%. A reality check with DJI reflected an accurate account of the battery down to 44%. I new 84% wast too good to be true for the time I was in the air. Be aware and carful with that bug.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik