Litchi or Autopilot

J&L

Reaction score
Which app should I get for my P3A. I would like to preset my waypoints. I am using a iPad mini 2 with gps and iPhone 5s. Thanks for any inputs

I got Litchi and it is very very easy to use but for iOS only has waypoints and not the other features yet.
Can easy swap between DJI go and litchi whilst flying and litchi will finish your planned mission even if RC signal is lost.(not sure if that's a good idea from a safety point of view because you could put a waypoint way out of range of your RC and it will still fly there and come back - subject to enough battery)
Evidently Autopilot is excellent too.
Plenty on this forum about them both.

Reactions: SCGENE and J&L
It seems to me that litchi only provides waypoints for iOS. And autopilot has a whole bunch of features. Just trying to see what other users think about each. Ease of use Etc.

For what it's worth, I find Litchi easy to use. I'm using an iPad Mini too. Yes, it's missing some features that the Android version has, but they are working on an update. I don't miss the orbit feature since you can set up a box with curves in it and easily have it focused on the center.

I but really like Litchi.

T

I have both... AutoPilot and Litchi... for the ipad2 there is no comparison at this moment...
Litchi has not spent the same amount of time developing their product for iOS...
so its options are lacking.
AP is very very good but it takes time to learn it... not so much that its complicated but because there are so many options... and thats a good thing.. I think if you just use a couple of the flight modes and get used to the interface then the rest comes pretty easy with time....
to me I think AP is like the swiss army knife... it has many many tools... and they designed it around the ipad..
Litchi at this time, due to its more an android app, is more like a two bladed pocket knife.... but its a great knife and they claim that they will come along for iOS ... so more blades will be added in time.
I'm not sure I'd want to use either with the iphone 5s... even a iphone 6+ is limited in functions compared to the ipad2...

I have both... AutoPilot and Litchi... for the ipad2 there is no comparison at this moment...
Litchi has not spent the same amount of time developing their product for iOS...
so its options are lacking.
AP is very very good but it takes time to learn it... not so much that its complicated but because there are so many options... and thats a good thing.. I think if you just use a couple of the flight modes and get used to the interface then the rest comes pretty easy with time....
to me I think AP is like the swiss army knife... it has many many tools... and they designed it around the ipad..
Litchi at this time, due to its more an android app, is more like a two bladed pocket knife.... but its a great knife and they claim that they will come along for iOS ... so more blades will be added in time.
I'm not sure I'd want to use either with the iphone 5s... even a iphone 6+ is limited in functions compared to the ipad2...
Thank you I like these kind of responses. I was reading the system requirements and it says minimum is iPad mini and recommended is the iPad mini 3 with gps. Will I be ok with my iPad mini 2 with gps? I bought the iPad mini 2 with wifi+cellular as a dedicated tablet. I don't on autopilot where you can pre program your waypoint missions unless I'm missing something.?

Last edited:
Has anyone NOT had a problem with the dji go app open and litchi in IOS? I've heard there are, but I don't seem to have a problem on my air2, at leat I don't doing pre checks at home. I've heard you have to force close the go app or else litchi doesn't connect, and vice versa. I connect to the go app first, hit the home button, open litchi and it connects, and I can go back and forth. Is this rare? Should I really force close the go app before doing a litchi mission for safety?

Reactions: artfuldodger
Litchi is wonderful on Android. Sounds like it is still a work in progress for IOS, but will hopefully be catching up to the Android version soon.

Does anyone know if you can use autopilot on a PC to setup missions before hand or is all done on your phone or tablet?

Does anyone know if you can use autopilot on a PC to setup missions before hand or is all done on your phone or tablet?

I don't know about a PC app for setting up a mission. I do know you can use google earth to make a basic plan and then save it as a KMZ file, mail it to your device and open and edit it in Autopilot

Wouldn't mind a little feedback and opinion from users.
Do you use either of them? If so which one and what is your opinion?

Wouldn't mind a little feedback and opinion from users.
Do you use either of them? If so which one and what is your opinion?
I think one comes with all of the features (or almost all) and the other only comes with a few features and in app purchases.

I think one comes with all of the features (or almost all) and the other only comes with a few features and in app purchases.
do you have an opinion of them? Or A preference for one over the other?

Not trying to be difficult, but, k just heard of litchi and can't find many videos on how it works. I've seen a bunch lf videos and a nice tutorial for autopilot, but litchi seems a little vague. dji go keeps crashing my tablet, so with that said, stability is more important than features.
I'm on an ipadmini2

The beauty if you can get both & learn which you like best. One thing to consider if you plan on autonomous waypoints beyond controller range. Litchi will permit this. Autopilot to my understanding does not. With AP if you lose controller connection RTH is initiated.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1