Litchi - No Maps with Huawei

Reaction score
Hi,

For whatever reason, Litchi refuses to show the mini map in the app using my Huawei P20 Pro. I've done all the uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times, but nothing. I load up Litchi on my battered old Lenovo tablet - maps.

Anyone aware of a known conflict or a way around this pls?

For whatever reason, Litchi refuses to show the mini map in the app using my Huawei P20 Pro. I've done all the uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times, but nothing. I load up Litchi on my battered old Lenovo tablet - maps.
This may seem like a silly answer, but are you connected to WiFi or Cellular when loading? If not, you will have no maps, unless you cache them first. But, you probably already know this.

Just
This may seem like a silly answer, but are you connected to WiFi or Cellular when loading? If not, you will have no maps, unless you cache them first. But, you probably already know this.

I was gonna ask that same question, Fly Dawg, but I assumed that his phone had cell service, so he could access maps on the fly. Still, a valid question as that would make sense.

I realize this is a month late but just found this thread.

Back when this happened to me, when the Litchi map disappeared so did the Google Maps from my weather app and several others. I googled it and found out there was a problem with a Google Play Services update which disabled the Google Maps on some Huawei devices.

I downgraded Play Services on my M3, which was a real hassle, and all map apps started working again. I've noticed since then several background Play Services updates, and all the maps still work.

Reactions: BigAl07
I have not updated any of the Play services

I always turn off 'auto update installed apps' in the Google Play Store, but some Google services will automatically update themselves anyway.

Google Play services doesn't show up on the 'installed apps' list or the 'update apps' list. I had to find and download an app that shows the page where the Play services download is. That app also had links to 'mirrors' for older versions of Play services, so that's what I did to fix it initially.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl