Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

After reviewing this whole thread it has been discovered that JOHNNY B was right smack on target as to the guess of where this lost drone would be located. Great guess Johnny!! (Sorry, you did not win 2 telescoping antenna masts or 1,000ft. LMR-400 coax)
Johhny B's guess wins.png

Reactions: JohnnyB
After reviewing this whole thread it has been discovered that JOHNNY B was right smack on target as to the guess of where this lost drone would be located. Great guess Johnny!! (Sorry, you did not win 2 telescoping antenna masts or 1,000ft. LMR-400 coax)View attachment 73428

Not trying to toot my own horn but that's exactly where I said it was on page 4 (Jan 6th) :):)

Last edited:
Not trying to toot my own horn but that's exactly where I said it was on page 4 (Jan 6th) :):)
I am soo sorry jiggy, I missed that one. You are correct! (Still no awesome prize awarded though). The real prize is that Dave FOUND it. But great detective work to you both.
Perfect guess's.png

Dave, did you fly the mission with the waypoint adjusted and camera pointing down? How did you see it? It really is cool to find the lost one with the replacement.

This has been like a movie has this thread. I've been pinned. Also, it's helped teach me a few things as well. Excellent story and almost end.

With the recovered drone I hope we get to see a video of the amended flight path with the altitudes set correctly. And hopefully have a successful mission.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I am soo sorry jiggy, I missed that one. You are correct! (Still no awesome prize awarded though). The real prize is that Dave FOUND it. But great detective work to you both.
View attachment 73429
Splitting the prize of.... Absolutely nothing should be easy enough! (Laughs) (Fist bump to jiggy... And Gram for nice GE mission review video)

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Forget all this wimpy/apologetic approach with the land owner. What are you? Canadian or something? Personally I would use a trump-approach. When he opens his door nail him with this rant. "You call what I drove up on to get to your howse a dryveway? Wurst I ever seen. It's a disaster. Now, I need you to get your laddur and that lazie no good sun, he is a criminal you know, everyone says he is, go and get my drone down from the tree.I am not putin up with any delaz. If its not back in my hands within one half our I'll hire someone to get it down and you are gonna pay for it. Any repairs I have to make to the drone are at your expens. If you don't pay up I'll soo you you know, I am excellent at sooing, everyone says I am."

If you are bringing your brother it would be worthwhile if his glock is clearly visible. You'll be back flying that puppy in no time flat.

All kidding aside:
In my 66 years I lived 40+ years on the canadian/US border and have spent a lot of time with the NY folks. If one thing that has always stood out for me is how much more friendly NY people tend to be. The landowner (son) you describe certainly does not come close to my experience with NY people. Got to wonder. Maybe he is hiding something ;)

Last edited:
Forget all this wimpy/apologetic approach with the land owner. What are you? Canadian or something? Personally I would use a trump-approach. When he opens his door nail him with this rant. "You call what I drove up on to get to your howse a dryveway? Wurst I ever seen. It's a disaster. Now, I need you to get your laddur and that lazie no good sun, he is a criminal you know, everyone says he is, go and get my drone down from the tree.I am not putin up with any delaz. If its not back in my hands within one half our I'll hire someone to get it down and you are gonna pay for it. Any repairs I have to make to the drone are at your expens. If you don't pay up I'll soo you you know, I am excellent at sooing, everyone says I am."

If you are bringing your brother it would be worthwhile if his glock is clearly visible. You'll be back flying that puppy in no time flat.

All kidding aside:
In my 66 years I lived 40+ years on the canadian/US border and have spent a lot of time with the NY folks. If one thing that stands out for me is how much more friendly people tend to be. The landownwer (son) you describe certainly does not come close to my experience with NY people. Got to wonder. Maybe he is hiding something ;)
Multiple bodies......

No, that is not his house in post 315. Its in the upper left corner in the video around 2:58-3:00. I only point this out to show how far away the drone is to their home. I dont think anyone is ever home in the house in post 315. I have knocked on the door and no one has ever come to the door. Never any vehicles in the driveway. My wife is now insisting she accompany me to meet the owner. A couple more hours.

No, that is not his house in post 315. Its in the upper left corner in the video around 2:58-3:00. I only point this out to show how far away the drone is to their home. I dont think anyone is ever home in the house in post 315. I have knocked on the door and no one has ever come to the door. Never any vehicles in the driveway. My wife is now insisting she accompany me to meet the owner. A couple more hours.
Never came to the door.. hmm.. maybe they lost a drone behind their house too.. (dateline story)

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mabey the "Evil son" is hiding their bodies... under your drone tree...

Dave, did you fly the mission with the waypoint adjusted and camera pointing down? How did you see it? It really is cool to find the lost one with the replacement.
I actually manually flew the flight path starting and stopping from about 6 different points along the way. I flew my p3s at the height it would have been at in relation to my starting point to look where the closest collision would be to the tree tops. I had the camera angled down slightly. I had to keep tilting the camera up to check the horizon to see if i was going to run into a tree.
To be honest, this thread/forum has been a major reason I have kept going back out and looking. I bought a new p3s the day after I lost this one. But all the help I have received here and the suggestions kept me interested and I wanted some sort of result for everyone. There are so many good/smart/helpful people here. Thank you to everyone who has been following/contributing along the way. We will see what today brings... Maybe body bags... Haa..

Here's a idea, Check property records/property lines. The proximity of the "no answer house" to the treeline where your drone is" Hanging out" is very close. Possibly the " Evil son" has no jurisdiction to the tree.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga