Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

This is great news...my P3P has a battery heating procedure. They say it eats 1.5% but worth it!

Here are two missions built from the original mission path. Altitudes have been run through Google earth to maintain terrain follow altitudes........

GrammatonxXXxCleric, are you using pure automation to do the altitude adjustments, or doing it manually? If using strictly automation, are you using the Google Earth application itself, or the Google map API services? I found that when using "create path" the GE application often does not recognize or account for elevation changes. I have a few local missions I planned that GE plotted (a tunnel) right through an obvious hill, even with numerous points on top of the hill. If I click to "view terrain profile", however, it correctly recognizes the elevation changes, even though GE did not plot the path that way in the 3D view. I found that submitting the same waypoints through the Google mapping API service produced correct elevation results. I've been wondering if someone has a web site to do this, so I can continue to be lazy and not write one myself. ;)

GrammatonxXXxCleric, are you using pure automation to do the altitude adjustments, or doing it manually? If using strictly automation, are you using the Google Earth application itself, or the Google map API services? I found that when using "create path" the GE application often does not recognize or account for elevation changes. I have a few local missions I planned that GE plotted (a tunnel) right through an obvious hill, even with numerous points on top of the hill. If I click to "view terrain profile", however, it correctly recognizes the elevation changes, even though GE did not plot the path that way in the 3D view. I found that submitting the same waypoints through the Google mapping API service produced correct elevation results. I've been wondering if someone has a web site to do this, so I can continue to be lazy and not write one myself. ;)
I use Google earth with LOTS of way points near terrain level changes. Then I import to Hub and modify way points near terrain changes.

Using lots of way points is needed to be able to climb/decend correctly. Plotting way points farther apart causes danger in traveling between way points with terrain level changes. Way points in a climbing posture are: Way point A: climb BEFORE coming to tree A and proceeding to tree B

Using lots of way points is needed to be able to climb/decend correctly. Plotting way points farther apart causes danger in traveling between way points with terrain level changes. Way points in a climbing posture are: Way point A: climb BEFORE coming to tree A and proceeding to tree B
Probanly unrelated but when I use Safari on OSX to import the GE waypoints created in this manner? It does not honor the height over ground and nails all waypoints at the same height relative to takeoff position. I had to use chrome to get it to work. Not sure if it's something odd with my installation or not.

I use Firefox on PC only. It works. After a final plan is made I go over it closely inspecting alt's vs. terrain.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Adding that "Positive alt. buffer" never hurts, due to alt. reporting error. You might be too high, but when did that hurt? Being too low ALWAYS hurts!

Any chance we can make a sticky thread on how to use google earth and litchi to automatically adjust altitude. Would be really handy [emoji4][emoji4]

Neon Euc
I watched this video yesterday and was able to create my own quite easily.

I still haven't found it yet. Not been out to look since Saturday. Work is keeping me busy. Won't be able to go out to look again till this weekend. I am going to use my new bird to look for it also. 2nd flight with it tonight.

Sent from my VS987 using PhantomPilots mobile app

why doesnt someone else just fly the same mission that Dave flew but keep a close eye on the bird this time. When the second one crashes, bam! You'll find the first one

....4 months later....

"A seven foot pile of Phantom drones has been located outside of a small town...."

- or -

someone fly the same mission at a higher altitude, all while keepin an eye out for Dave's bird?

why doesnt someone else just fly the same mission that Dave flew but keep a close eye on the bird this time. When the second one crashes, bam! You'll find the first one

....4 months later....

"A seven foot pile of Phantom drones has been located outside of a small town...."

- or -

someone fly the same mission at a higher altitude, all while keepin an eye out for Dave's bird?

See post #40

Tobby

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT