Litchi initiated RTH instead of Go to 1st Waypoint.

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

After a long read on reviews and tutorials for a couple weeks, i've made first Litchi WP mission this morning.
Some known issues about gimbal pitch during mission does exist. I guess those pitch settings (Focus POI, interpolate) only works when the drone has contact with the controller. Once signal lost, the gimbal pitch remains as the last position.

Besides this cons, i've found that litchi initiated RTH after mission finish, although i've set it to go to 1st waypoint on the apps and i have no idea why it was happened.

b7112cb26861b789f4f83a836094bbb0.jpg

This might be troublesome if we don't takeover control immediatelly. Please watch my video link above and give me your opinion about what did i do wrong....

Thanks....

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

After a long read on reviews and tutorials for a couple weeks, i've made first Litchi WP mission this morning.
Some known issues about gimbal pitch during mission does exist. I guess those pitch settings (Focus POI, interpolate) only works when the drone has contact with the controller. Once signal lost, the gimbal pitch remains as the last position.

Besides this cons, i've found that litchi initiated RTH after mission finish, although i've set it to go to 1st waypoint on the apps and i have no idea why it was happened. This might be troublesome if we don't takeover control immediatelly. Please watch my video link above and give me your opinion about what did i do wrong....

Thanks....

Hi Sinxa

Cant say for sure what happened, but the video shows that you seem to be surrounded by mobile phone cell towers, it is not a good idea to fly so close to cell towers, the communication between RC and your Quad could be degraded or even lost, perhaps that is why Litchi initiated a return to home.

Regards
Waylander

Hi Sinxa

Cant say for sure what happened, but the video shows that you seem to be surrounded by mobile phone cell towers, it is not a good idea to fly so close to cell towers, the communication between RC and your Quad could be degraded or even lost, perhaps that is why Litchi initiated a return to home.

Regards
Waylander
Hy Waylander,

Thanks for your note about cell tower, but just FYI, that cell tower is currently not functioning since couple years ago. You can see there is no cellular antena attached on the tower. And prior to this litchi mission, i never had this auto RTH arround my house specially while the control and video signal are really good. You can see it on the litchi screen on top left of my video.

[emoji4]

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hy Waylander,

Thanks for your note about cell tower, but just FYI, that cell tower is currently not functioning since couple years ago. You can see there is no cellular antena attached on the tower. And prior to this litchi mission, i never had this auto RTH arround my house specially while the control and video signal are really good. You can see it on the litchi screen on top left of my video.

[emoji4]

Hi Yes I can see that the tower closest to the Quad had no antenna, but towards the end of the video you can see other transmission towers that do have dishes and antennas, so perhaps it was a combination of where the RC was and the towers.
Waylander

Hi Yes I can see that the tower closest to the Quad had no antenna, but towards the end of the video you can see other transmission towers that do have dishes and antennas, so perhaps it was a combination of where the RC was and the towers.
Waylander
So, on this circumstances you mentioned above we are assuming it was really disconnected with the controller right?? But how the litchi display signal meters are perfect for both control and video? And the video feed also streamed smoothly. . . [emoji4]

So, on this circumstances you mentioned above we are assuming it was really disconnected with the controller right?? But how the litchi display signal meters are perfect for both control and video? And the video feed also streamed smoothly. . . [emoji4]

Well... yes you are right the video feed does look good, and you were able to land the quad when you got back to the RC, but the display did initially say "Going Home tap to cancel", if you had the RC with you at that time and were able to "Tap" and cancel the Home command, then Litchi may have continued with the mission at that point, the disconnect or glitch in the communications may only have been intermittent and only for a short period of time, can you access the mission log...?
Waylander

Well... yes you are right the video feed does look good, and you were able to land the quad when you got back to the RC, but the display did initially say "Going Home tap to cancel", if you had the RC with you at that time and were able to "Tap" and cancel the Home command, then Litchi may have continued with the mission at that point, the disconnect or glitch in the communications may only have been intermittent and only for a short period of time, can you access the mission log...?
Waylander

Hi Waylander,

I was going to get the flightlog as you asked me, but it seems that it didn't record the flight log.
Litchi_Doesnot_Record_FlyLog.jpg
Is this really what supposed to happened when we use litchi ??

And afterall, when you said "intermittent" above, soon i check my video again, and i found the control signal turned red at 00:29 after the final point number 14 was accomplished at 00:24, so the control should back to RC again afterward. But may be it was because i laid the RC on the front yard's floor of my house, and the roof blocked the control signal to the quad. I guess you're right it was really RTH kicked in at 00:36. Thanks for your clue....

But there is another question if you don't mind : :D:D:D
1. The quad doesn't record the internal flightlog when we use litchi, is that correct?
2. Litchi's auto home/landing seem to glide a few meters away from the home point, i think it was 5 meters or may be more before i took over the control again. That's preety dangerous in my opinion (see 01:27).
3. As we can see on the video, the home point was recorded on top of my roof. How was that possible? Since i took of from the middle of the street in front of my house. As i understand when using DJI.Go, take off point will be the home point unless we set it manually on the flight.

Thanks. . .

Attachments

• Litchi_Doesnot_Record_FlyLog.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 409
Hi Waylander,

I was going to get the flightlog as you asked me, but it seems that it didn't record the flight log.
Is this really what supposed to happened when we use litchi ??

And afterall, when you said "intermittent" above, soon i check my video again, and i found the control signal turned red at 00:29 after the final point number 14 was accomplished at 00:24, so the control should back to RC again afterward. But may be it was because i laid the RC on the front yard's floor of my house, and the roof blocked the control signal to the quad. I guess you're right it was really RTH kicked in at 00:36. Thanks for your clue....

But there is another question if you don't mind : :D:D:D
1. The quad doesn't record the internal flightlog when we use litchi, is that correct?
2. Litchi's auto home/landing seem to glide a few meters away from the home point, i think it was 5 meters or may be more before i took over the control again. That's preety dangerous in my opinion (see 01:27).
3. As we can see on the video, the home point was recorded on top of my roof. How was that possible? Since i took of from the middle of the street in front of my house. As i understand when using DJI.Go, take off point will be the home point unless we set it manually on the flight.

Thanks. . .

Well yes... first point it could be that the Home point was not recorded correctly...did you do a calibration before the flight..? if not it could be the case that metal in the ground (power cables, metal pipes, drain covers) around your home affected the compass reading, and the Home point was set with an error introduced by stray magnetic fields, the compass is very sensitive, I have had a problem one time when I tired to take off near a building, and when I looked carefully I could see that a telephone main cable was in the ground near to where I wanted to take off, moved away 5 mtrs and no problem.

Look here at Litchi and healthydrones information

HealthyDrones.com and Litchi new collaboration - boost your flight experience

Waylander

Well yes... first point it could be that the Home point was not recorded correctly...did you do a calibration before the flight..? if not it could be the case that metal in the ground (power cables, metal pipes, drain covers) around your home affected the compass reading, and the Home point was set with an error introduced by stray magnetic fields, the compass is very sensitive, I have had a problem one time when I tired to take off near a building, and when I looked carefully I could see that a telephone main cable was in the ground near to where I wanted to take off, moved away 5 mtrs and no problem.

Look here at Litchi and healthydrones information

HealthyDrones.com and Litchi new collaboration - boost your flight experience

Waylander
Thankyou for your reply to my question about home point. It is true that some magnetic field could interferences the compass reading, but i think i really knew this area since i have more than 20 flight in front of my house with dji.go and no problem at all regarding this homepoint issue.

Thanks for your kind attention waylander,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31