Litchi for P3

I love Litchi to bits, but I'm not a big fan of the map functionality. Think I've been spoilt with Go's follow flight route and direct route home functions, which I can't find on Litchi, unless I'm missing something.

I love Litchi to bits, but I'm not a big fan of the map functionality. Think I've been spoilt with Go's follow flight route and direct route home functions, which I can't find on Litchi, unless I'm missing something.

i think you are missing something - what is follow flight route and direct route home?

i think you are missing something - what is follow flight route and direct route home?
Well, on the DJI Go map you have the option of showing the route your Phantom has already taken, plus a straight line from your Phantom to the home point which is very useful. Can't seem to do that in Litchi, but if you can I'm all ears!

thanks. I think it's a 2012 Nexus 7. And sure enough its pretty slow at plenty of other things as well. So, I guess I'm putting it back out on Craigslist.

Any recommendations for a 7" or 8" Android tablet that is bright and fast enough for Litchi or Go?
The nexus 7 2013 is "ok" but certainly not the 2012 version. The Galaxy Tab S2 is my current favorite.

I also love my Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 and the smaller one has same specs. I bought an AT&T LTE version and having the mobile Internet connectivity is a definite plus. I also have a Note 5 and use it occasionally - also great (but once you get a good taste of the 9.7" screen, the smaller ones are never as satisfying). Also, the S2 and Note 5 are both great in the bright sun.

Well, on the DJI Go map you have the option of showing the route your Phantom has already taken, plus a straight line from your Phantom to the home point which is very useful. Can't seem to do that in Litchi, but if you can I'm all ears!
I also like the current Flight Track on Go. It would be great to have that on Litchi.

My nexus 10 and Litchi works great.................no probs
Depending maybe the lot of Programs on the Nexus 10 ????

The nexus 7 2013 is "ok" but certainly not the 2012 version. The Galaxy Tab S2 is my current favorite.
I'm using the 2013 Nexus and can't praise it highly enough. Not one glitch so far and the screen is super bright. I was using my Air 2 'pre Litchi' so was a bit spoilt, but the Nexus holds its own really well as a dedicated Phantom tablet. Cheap too.

Reactions: QaaUz and JBG
Litchi 2.5.0 is now out, with 2 new flight modes.
Easily keep focus on a subject while flying manually with the Focus mode and shoot 360° spherical panoramas with the Panorama mode!

I am currently using DJI Go on my iPhone 6, waiting for Taco RC aluminium holder to arrive before I switch over to my 9.7" Samsung S2. What are the reasons people choose Litchi over Android version of DJI Go?

I started using Litchi when dji added orbit and way point missions. Litchi seems easier to set up missions and use the advanced options. Also, in the beginning, Healthy Drones was only compatible with litchi. I don't know if it is just because I use Litchi all the time, but every time I do use dji go, it seems very clumsy.

We released the 2.6.0 update today, changelog below!

• added Waypoint insertion
  • added ability to edit Waypoint coordinates (using new “Show GPS Coordinates” general setting)
  • added new "POI to Focus" waypoint setting in GS mode allowing you to change which POI a waypoint is assigned to (defaults to nearest POI in general)
  • new “Hardware (Android 6.0)” video decoder setting, should fix instability issues for Android 6.0 users
  • new ‘Timer’ capture mode, allows you to take photos at a preset interval. The interval can bet set to 3sec or lower for RAW. The lowest possible interval depends on how fast your SD card is and the image format
  • new settings for wait time after/before each photo for custom panoramas
  • many bug fixes and general improvements

Ooooh how exciting! Before I dive headlong into updating my Nexus to Android 6.0 from 5.1 can anyone brave enough to update confirm that the crashes have been sorted?

Also posted on Litchi Google group:
As far as I can see, very good news for those of us on a Google device wanting to upgrade to Android 6.0. I have just upgraded my 2013 Nexus 7 to 6.0 again, after upgrading then downgrading again a couple of weeks ago after experiencing the 'unfortunately Litchi has stopped' crashes.
I have upgraded Litchi to the latest public build and connected everything up on the kitchen table (the previous crashes happened regardless of whether the bird was in the air or not).
First, to sanity check the previous problem, I ran Litchi on the normal hw encoder. Low and behold it crashed almost immediately. Tried again and same result. I then changed the hw decoder to the new Android 6.0 decoder (it's an additional option now in the decoding options box).
I have now had it running for 15 minutes on both fpv and gs without a single hitch - it's as smooth as silk. Another side benefit seems to be that the map zoom is much more manageable when in pip mode, giving a wider view.
So, based on that less than extensive first test, kudos to the developers.....Yet again they appear to have responded quickly to a problem. If only all developers were like this......

Ooooh how exciting! Before I dive headlong into updating my Nexus to Android 6.0 from 5.1 can anyone brave enough to update confirm that the crashes have been sorted?

I've been running Marshmallow for a month or so on my Nexus 9 and have not noticed any problems with Litchi, Go or Hivemapper, the 3 apps I fly my P3P with. I had a few crashes earlier on but by the time I upgraded it was solid and still is.

I've been running Marshmallow for a month or so on my Nexus 9 and have not noticed any problems with Litchi, Go or Hivemapper, the 3 apps I fly my P3P with. I had a few crashes earlier on but by the time I upgraded it was solid and still is.
Might have only applied to the other models then I suppose.

Litchi is 50% off today!

Reactions: JBG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1