Litchi and Phantom 4 Pro +

Litchi is indeed compatible with the Phantom 4 Pro, and it will enable your drone to probe the very limits of its battery life, far away from the launch point. I'm inching closer to 400 miles of fully autonomous Litchi missions flown with my lowly Phantom 3 Standard, and for me, using DJI Go would be a step down in flight management capability.

Buy Litchi, and you will soon agree that expenditure, was among the best uses of $25 that you can recall.

According to the Litchi website, it is NOT compatible with Phantom Pro+ (Phantom Pro Plus).

Litchi is compatible with: Mavic Mini 1, Mavic 2 (Zoom/Pro), Mavic (Air/Pro), Phantom 4 (Standard/Advanced/Pro/ProV2), Phantom 3 (Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional), Inspire 1 (X3/Z3/Pro/RAW), Inspire 2 and Spark.

Last Updated: 20 November 2020

Well I'll be dipped.... I'd assumed all Phantom models were Litchi ready.
The Pro Plus comes with it's own display that is attached to the controller, unlike free-standing tablets that clamp on. There must be something about the built-in display that Litchi can't be used with it. Maybe it doesn't accommodate the loading of 3rd party apps.

Reactions: Billie Nelson
Use the search at top of page. Litchi can be installed using the sd slot on bottom on + remote. I switched to standard remote before figuring out the solution.

Also by installing Amazon appstore. More in search

Last edited:
Reactions: Aairon
For god's sake. This has been beaten to death going on for at least two years. There's plenty of topics addressing this, if only a search would be made.
But once again. The P4P+ certainly can be loaded with Litchi. Easiest being loading Amazon appstore on the controller, then buying and installing Litchi from the appstore. I did it on my P4P+ over two years ago. And if you have it installed on any other device (iOS, Android) yes, you'll have to purchase it again if you bought from Apple store or Google Play

Reactions: Capt KO
For god's sake. This has been beaten to death going on for at least two years. There's plenty of topics addressing this, if only a search would be made.
But once again. The P4P+ certainly can be loaded with Litchi. Easiest being loading Amazon appstore on the controller, then obuying and installing Litchi from the appstore. I did it on my P4P+ over two years ago. And if you have it installed on any other device (iOS, Android) yes, you'll have to purchase it again if you bought from Apple store or Google Play
Thank for reinforcing the fact that litchi can be installed on the plus remote. Very simply. Goes way back.
Guess it was a time for a reminder that the plus remote has internet access.

Reactions: Aairon
Has anyone installed Litchi on their Phantom 4Pro +?
I did about 6 months ago and I love it on my P4Pv2.0. I do have one question I hope other users can advise before I try this: It's winter and it's cold and standing out in the open with my teeth chattering while flying my drone is no fun. Question I have is can my P4P be flown while sitting inside my warm car using Litchi? I probably won't be flying big routes with it but would like to know if it could be done with a reasonable amount of confidence.

Whenever my Phantom 3S has been launched on fully autonomous missions, I go back indoors, having carefully noted the takeoff time, and the anticipated flight duration. To conserve battery power, I often switch off the controller during those 20 minute forays, leaving the iPad powered up. I must add that I happen to reside in a remote Third World backwater that is several time-zones removed from the nearest FAA or CAA airspace, meaning that Line of Sight laws are little more than a trivial curiosity for me.

Precisely seven minutes prior to the moment when Litchi's flight duration estimate predicts my drone will land at the launch point, I power the controller back up and step outside. Within 2 minutes of my stepping outdoors to await the craft, my ears are greeted by the angry bee sound of my drone faithfully returning to base.

The short answer to your question is that you can indeed relax in the warmth and comfort of your vehicle while the drone is away following a Litchi flight path, provided you bear in mind that Litchi's flight duration estimates are consistently five to ten minutes LONGER than the actual length of time that it will take for your drone to return to base.

• Sad
Reactions: Recoveryone
Whenever my Phantom 3S has been launched on fully autonomous missions, I go back indoors, having carefully noted the takeoff time, and the anticipated flight duration. To conserve battery power, I often switch off the controller during those 20 minute forays, leaving the iPad powered up. I must add that I happen to reside in a remote Third World backwater that is several time-zones removed from the nearest FAA or CAA airspace, meaning that Line of Sight laws are little more than a trivial curiosity for me.

Precisely seven minutes prior to the moment when Litchi's flight duration estimate predicts my drone will land at the launch point, I power the controller back up and step outside. Within 2 minutes of my stepping outdoors to await the craft, my ears are greeted by the angry bee sound of my drone faithfully returning to base.

The short answer to your question is that you can indeed relax in the warmth and comfort of your vehicle while the drone is away following a Litchi flight path, provided you bear in mind that Litchi's flight duration estimates are consistently five to ten minutes LONGER than the actual length of time that it will take for your drone to return to base.
Hey, my friend, thanks for the quick response. Just so I'm totally clear, I can turn my controller off and my iPad will still show the progress of my drone following Litchi's waypoints? Did I understand correctly?

Hey, my friend, thanks for the quick response. Just so I'm totally clear, I can turn my controller off and my iPad will still show the progress of my drone following Litchi's waypoints? Did I understand correctly?

If your Litchi missions are all within signal range of your controller, then I would advise that you leave the controller powered up, so as to monitor the progress of the flight on the screen of your device. My Litchi missions venture way out beyond signal range, such that I don't see the mission progress on my iPad, until the drone is back within signal range, on the return leg of its mission.

If like me, you happen to reside in a country that does not impose Line of Sight mandates on drone flights, then, you can feel free to turn off the controller to save its battery power during long missions beyond signal range, BUT, if you reside in a location where flying beyond visual range is prohibited, as is the case in the USA and EU, then you must leave the controller switched on at all times during the flight.

Reactions: Ooops!
If your Litchi missions are all within signal range of your controller, then I would advise that you leave the controller powered up, so as to monitor the progress of the flight on the screen of your device. My Litchi missions venture way out beyond signal range, such that I don't see the mission progress on my iPad, until the drone is back within signal range, on the return leg of its mission.

If like me, you happen to reside in a country that does not impose Line of Sight mandates on drone flights, then, you can feel free to turn off the controller to save its battery power during long missions beyond signal range, BUT, if you reside in a location where flying beyond visual range is prohibited, as is the case in the USA and EU, then you must leave the controller switched on at all times during the flight.
That's fascinating. The signal range on my P4P v2 is about 4 miles. Going "way out beyond" that would make for a 12 or 16 mile round trip flight, or more. Do you have any trouble on long distance missions with having enough battery power to complete those really long flights?

That's fascinating. The signal range on my P4P v2 is about 4 miles. Going "way out beyond" that would make for a 12 or 16 mile round trip flight, or more. Do you have any trouble on long distance missions with having enough battery power to complete those really long flights?
I have found over numerous flights with my Phantom 3 Standard, that the absolute maximum distance round trip, is 6.1 miles, at the end of which the drone lands with between 15% and 20% battery. For most flights of between 5 and 6 miles cumulative distance, I have been seeing between 20% and 30% battery at the moment of landing.

On just one nail-biting occasion when there was just a little stronger wind than I expected, the drone executed an autonomous RTH before completing the flight plan, but still landed with 15% battery. In over 750 cumulative miles covered in all of my flights thus far, my Litchi flight plans were executed with no surprises or mishaps.

I also found that the flight time estimated by the Litchi Mission Hub, on those maximum range flights, has consistently been 5 minutes longer than the actual flight time noted on each flight. With that generous margin of error in mind, many of my programmed missions have shown estimated flight times of 25 to 27 minutes, yet arrived well within the 25 minute nominal battery life for the Phantom 3 Standard. With a Phantom 4 and its longer battery duration, it should certainly be possible to cover up to 7 or 8 miles round trip.

Hello I was using Litchi on a P4pro V2+ with the GL300K remote (with built-in display) for month. Waypoints missions, 360° panoramas... all was really fine and reliable. Until yesterday !
Litchi asks me to delog-relog and DJI app requested update. After this update... Litchi does not connect anymore.
I'am really angry because I have many planned paid work to do with... I post another comment on the dedicated topic about this fact.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I do get the impression DJI is being pressured by the EU and US aviation regulators to pull the plug on fully autonomous capabilities by slow methodical increment. That forced DJI update that disables Litchi seems to be in line with the agenda of slowly choking off after-market autopilot apps.

I use Litchi exclusively for my Phantom3s, Phantom3 Pro, and Mavic Pro, flying fully autonomous missions that range well beyond signal reach because it is perfectly legal to do so in my remote backwoods location, so I can only hope Litchi doesn't force me back into the deadly embrace of DJI Go. That nightmare scenario would put the kibosh on all my drone adventures in short order.

Reactions: jpblcm
make sense...

I have news, I will post into a new topic !

Bear in mind, there are a couple of autonomous litchi mission things that require a connection to the controller.

gimbal pitch changes

speed changes

The first one merely means you wont get the video you planned if out of connection during a programmed gimbal pitch change.

The other could cause you to lose your drone In some cases. For example, if you program a speed drop to, say, 2mph and then a speed increase back up to 20mph and you lose connection before the 20mph increase, it will keep flying at 2mph. Could run out of battery before it gets back (if smart RTH is off I believe).

Reactions: Billie Nelson
Bear in mind, there are a couple of autonomous litchi mission things that require a connection to the controller.

gimbal pitch changes

speed changes

The first one merely means you wont get the video you planned if out of connection during a programmed gimbal pitch change.

The other could cause you to lose your drone In some cases. For example, if you program a speed drop to, say, 2mph and then a speed increase back up to 20mph and you lose connection before the 20mph increase, it will keep flying at 2mph. Could run out of battery before it gets back (if smart RTH is off I believe).

Now this is a good reason to refrain from setting speed changes in Litchi missions, and for having the drone pause and loiter at waypoints along the flight path. This pointer is appreciated for sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31