Litchi: 3 error messages before take off

Reaction score
During my last flight, after turning on the remote control, starting Litchi and turning on the drone, the following 3 errors appeared inside Litchi interface.

"Aircraft moving detected. Wait before take-off."

"Battery communicaton error. Solution: Please re-insert the battery. If not work please change the battery or contact DJI Support."

"IMU warming up, wait before taking off."

However, I just ignored these 3 messages and the flight (with waypoints) went very well, but I would like to understand why it happened.

Just without thinking mayby you were still moving the drone and it couldn't get GPS count ?
You tryed to start motors before imu had warmed up,(wait before taking off) ?
The reinsert the battery might be the sensor on the battery clip,give them a good working so when battery goes in you hear nice click,,
If symptoms persist show it a screwdriver lol,na,were any of the above idea's that might have happened
Always wait till it green good to go,,

you were still moving the drone and it couldn't get GPS count ?
No. The message continues to appear with the drone perfectly stationary on an even surface and with fine GPS count.

You tryed to start motors before imu had warmed up,(wait before taking off) ?
No. The message continues to appear while I wait for the IMU to initialize, without doing anything.

The reinsert the battery might be the sensor on the battery clip,give them a good working so when battery goes in you hear nice click,
No. Battery is firmly clicked.

I have been flying for about 5 years and this is the first time these messages have appeared.

No. The message continues to appear with the drone perfectly stationary on an even surface and with fine GPS count.

No. The message continues to appear while I wait for the IMU to initialize, without doing anything.

No. Battery is firmly clicked.

I have been flying for about 5 years and this is the first time these messages have appeared.
Ah yeh strange one,,sounds like might need to upload flight and someone here can read it for you,,
To much going on with these new ones to have a outright fix from my brain lol,,do you clear in app warnings ,might be stupid reoccurring prompt ,,unless something is going on,,its good the drone still performing,always good sign,,typical phantom, spits out a random new warning, I dont ginx myself..hopefully it can get cleared somehow

During my last flight, after turning on the remote control, starting Litchi and turning on the drone, the following 3 errors appeared inside Litchi interface.

"Aircraft moving detected. Wait before take-off."

"Battery communicaton error. Solution: Please re-insert the battery. If not work please change the battery or contact DJI Support."

"IMU warming up, wait before taking off."

However, I just ignored these 3 messages and the flight (with waypoints) went very well, but I would like to understand why it happened.
I don't have a P4 but have got the last 2 errors. The battery communication error I never ignore. I shut down and re-insert my battery and if the error remains, I use a different battery. I get the 'IMU warming up' warning for every single flight on my P3S at this time of year as it is winter in my part of the world and temperatures at time of flight are usually well below 0ºC. I just wait until the IMU has warmed up and I get the all clear message. In fact I cannot take-off while the IMU is in the warming up phase so I'm not sure how you were able to launch while it was still warming up. Was it cold when you were trying to launch and had the drone been out in the cold for a bit?

If you are regularly launching in cold weather, you can calibrate the IMU in cold temps so it doesn't take so long to warm up. There is info on this in the forum, just do a search on it.

Hope you get the errors fixed.

Chris

The errors remain.

The temperature was like 15 degrees.

The battery performed perfectly during flight and also the logs (from airdata) are perfect.
Not sure if you are referring to F or C but if it was in F then it was quite cold and that would explain the IMU warming message. I have AirData too and it gives general info and some good battery info if you have one of the paid accounts but is no substitute for the expertise of some fellow members who can interpret the logs. You might want to post your logs to PhantomHelp and one of the forum experts may be able to help figure out what is going on.

I would be particularily concercerned about the battery error.

Chris

C

Ok. So what I have to do ? How to get and post the log ?
I think you can export the original Litchi csv file from AirData and open that in Phantonhelp viewer. If not you can get it from Litchi on your flight device. On my iPhone my flight records are in a folder called ‘flightlogs’. Not sure what it would be on an Android device. Regardless, once you get the file, and you upload it you post the link back here and wait for one of the experts to hopefully come along and decipher it for you and give you some feedback.

I’m no expert at reading logs so I’ll leave it to the experts.

Chris

The 3 messages, including the one on the battery, continue to appear at the beginning of each flight (then disappear after a few seconds.)

The warnings only appear if I use Litchi. If I use the official DJI GO app, no anomalies are reported. Even if I connect the drone to DJI Assistant, no anomalies are reported.

The flight with Litchi continues to be perfect. No problems of duration, charge or others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic