Listen to this sound coming from my p4

I agree with your thinking that it might be an indication of possible failure.
I also agree with your thinking about the replacement and dealing with DJI.

Reactions: Dramface460
Just don't want to deal with another issue. So yea best to get a new one. Dji should do that, I don't see why they wouldn't since this one they sent to me this week is brand new.

Yea I'm just concerned it's giving off this sound bc something has broken inside and could cause another issue.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
For your warranty coverage, it probably would be best to return it. Otherwise they might not cover your quad if later on, you have a problem.
I hope they give you a new one and not a refirb!
Good luck!
It would be interesting to find out what the sound is, but we may never know!
Sounds like you tired and did all the tests you could though.

Yea just like my last drone they replaced with this current new one. I had a RTH component issue but DJI never told me exactly what happened. I've emailed the data analysis team and everything. So may not find out what will happen with this one.

Maybe your RTH issue was the version of the GO app that has caused so many other's problems. That is a common and separate issue though. There are numerous threads about Android 3.1.2 causing HP issues that will affect RTH. Are you aware of this problem? This is only on Android though... are you using an Android device? I notice you sent your posts on an IPhone so I guess not?

I sure wish DJI would tell us what problems they have found on the returns... can't understand why they don't, or if they are hiding something.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Yea I was flying with my iPad when I had the RTH disconnection. I was flying with the older version of dji go. Interesting to note when I receive this new p4 this week I tried flying with the older app(didn't know I needed to download dji go 4 and a prompt message appeared saying there can be compatible issues). Haven't touched that app since and haven't had any issues With the new dji go 4. I totally agree, wish DJI WOULD do that, send us reports or let us know why something broke.

Ya I'm not a big fan of sending something that isn't broken but the noise is something I pick up now when I fly so it's annoying lol

Thanks for all the advice Bill, I'll let you and the rest of the pilots know the outcome. Take care

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You are welcome! Yes, please keep us informed of the outcome and I hope it is positive for you!

Do you have a video of the noise from your p4? The management at dji saw the video I posted on YouTube and On here and they said they have never seen a drone make that kind of noise. In fact they looked into their data base of known issues and they have never had a known issue like this before. Pretty strange!

Last edited:
Speak for yourself....The drone shouldn't be making that sound, being brand new n all! So yea your prolly right there's an issue with the OA! Hey if your battery starts beeping and making strange noises, you'll know at least it's the battery. But don't try fixing it. Lol. That's the logic your using here!

Its a harmonic vibration that the motors are making. Jet aircraft make the exact same sound when engine sync is not turned on. When hovering like that they are spinning at very close to the same speed. As you start maneuvering the sound should go away as the motor speeds will be quite different from each other. You could also try new props or just swapping positions to see if it changes.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello