Limited range,..why???

After much struggle, I installed ITunes on my PC and connected my Ipad and downloaded my flight logs to my desktop. They are in DAT file format and I can't do anything with them?? Did I do something wrong??

After much struggle, I installed ITunes on my PC and connected my Ipad and downloaded my flight logs to my desktop. They are in DAT file format and I can't do anything with them?? Did I do something wrong??

Wrong folder... Save the folder FlightRecords NOT FlightLogs. The former contains *.txt files while the latter contains *.dat and are used by DJI support for in depth analysis of a given flight. I dont know of any website that can use these .dat files. The *.txt in the FlightRecords folder, however, can be uploaded to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ or Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

For more info check out
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wrong folder... Save the folder FlightRecords NOT FlightLogs. The former contains *.txt files while the latter contains *.dat and are used by DJI support for in depth analysis of a given flight. I dont know of any website that can use these .dat files. The *.txt in the FlightRecords folder, however, can be uploaded to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ or Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

For more info check out
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you check out my post above yours - you will have links to DAT file readers such as MapsMadeEasy etc.- that interpret and display full data and techno info from Phantom DAT files ...

Nigel

Given the OP has had problems locating and saving flight records and has never uploaded or tried to interpret the same, the *.txt files in the FlightRecords folder and the websites I linked above seem a much safer path.

There are actually 2, maybe 3, different .DAT files. There is a .DAT on the AC itself, one on the tablet, and possibly one on the RC. The .DAT on the AC can be analyzed using CsvView/DatCon. AFAIK, there is no way to analyze the .DAT on the tablet or RC. Look here for info on retrieving the .DAT from a P3.

The .DAT and the .txt contain some of the same information. But, there are differences. E.g., if you want to know the signal strength of the RC to AC link that info only exists in the .DAT. Choosing either the .txt or the .DAT depends on the particular incident. Sometimes it's beneficial to look at both.

I was able to upload the flight records and the information was very limited and did not help with my disconnect issues. I think the information I need to see is in the .DAT files, I will work with them some more this afternoon.

I was able to upload the flight records and the information was very limited and did not help with my disconnect issues. I think the information I need to see is in the .DAT files, I will work with them some more this afternoon.
I just realized that you're looking at the P3. From your posts I'm assuming that you're interested in the signal strength info. Unfortunately, the signal strength information exists only for the V3 aircraft types (basically everything that came after the P3 or Inspire 1).

I just realized that you're looking at the P3. From your posts I'm assuming that you're interested in the signal strength info. Unfortunately, the signal strength information exists only for the V3 aircraft types (basically everything that came after the P3 or Inspire 1).

Yes,..I am losing control at random times and distance without warning. I never lose FPV or show any reduction in signal strength from my controller. I know flying out of range will happen but I would like some warning not full signal bars and "bam" return to home. Thank you for the information it will save me from heading down a dead end street.

Yes,..I am losing control at random times and distance without warning. I never lose FPV or show any reduction in signal strength from my controller. I know flying out of range will happen but I would like some warning not full signal bars and "bam" return to home. Thank you for the information it will save me from heading down a dead end street.

Join the club ... the 'bars' display over last few GO updates and Litchi have been very unreliable. .... I have many videos in my channel "solentlifeuk" that illustrate this ... as I usually upload two versions of a flight - the SD card Camera version and the Display Screen recording ... so I have distance / altitude / speed etc. references ..

Nigel

Are you sure the RTH is being caused by an RC disconnect? RTH can also be initiated by the Smart Battery system. The .txt would show this. If you have the .txt attach it to a post. Since it's a .txt it can be attached directly; i.e., it doesn't have to be zipped or Dropboxed.

If the RTH is caused by an RC disconnect that would be shown in the .DAT, it's just the signal strength that isn't shown.

There was a message in red just before both RTH. I can't remember the exact message but it was something about P mode??? I will post a screen shot this afternoon.

There was a message in red just before both RTH. I can't remember the exact message but it was something about P mode??? I will post a screen shot this afternoon.
Instead of a screenshot why don't you attach the .txt?

I have the flight records on my desktop but can not link them???
If you're referring to the files that have a name something like DJIFlightRecord_2017-04-20_[17-25-10].txt
Then start a post here, left-mouse-down on the file and then drag it to the post you're making. That should attach the file to the post

This is one of the flights in question.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-07-18_[18-59-32].txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 132
According to that flight record you were 307.4 ft high and 3792 ft when Signal Lost. Aircraft returning to Home Point.

Reactions: BudWalker
This is one of the flights in question.
As @Older_Man noted the RTH cause was not a Smart Battery directive. It was initiated when flightAction took the value OutOfControlGoHome; AKA RC disconnect.

Where I am confused is, I still maintained full bar strength on the transmitter and my video feed was still strong. I am looking for a warning/clue that I may be loosing control rather "BAM" RTH.

I was told that I would see a reduction in bars on the transmitter and my FPV would start breaking up well before I lost the a/c. I have several other RTH less than 2000', one as close as 900', all without warning. Maybe I am asking to much from a P3S?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31