Lightning

So, just so I understand, you send the bird up, let it hover and set it to automatically take 3 sec exposures every so often?
I manually press the shutter button every 3 sec. I let the bird settle in and get my camera settings how I want them. Then take pic after pic, checking every so often when I think I've captured something. Here is a day time shot.
1522808086912.jpg

I use both my Phantom 3 Pro and my Phantom 4 Advanced. Not at the same time but during the same storms.

I manually press the shutter button every 3 sec. I let the bird settle in and get my camera settings how I want them. Then take pic after pic, checking every so often when I think I've captured something. Here is a day time shot.View attachment 97191

Nice! Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try and see if I have any luck getting pictures as great as those.

Cool! What's the max you can do and stay clear?? Can't be much more than 3. I'm surprised you can do 3 with no blur!!
I like to stay a couple miles away. Depends on the time of night and wind as to which exposure to set.

Going to Florida next week but I'll only have room for the spark. Given the awesome lightning storms I've seen there before I'd love to try to get a couple of these photos. The storms often roll in over the gulf and you can see them a long ways away. Perfect for your method of taking these shots. I'm going to review your description of how you take them.

Reactions: Jake Deer
Going to Florida next week but I'll only have room for the spark. Given the awesome lightning storms I've seen there before I'd love to try to get a couple of these photos. The storms often roll in over the gulf and you can see them a long ways away. Perfect for your method of taking these shots. I'm going to review your description of how you take them.
Awesome! Be sure to post you shots.

Reactions: macaulayjuan
Last year, 150ft up over my house....these are not easy to get.......

Snapshot - 1.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT