lightbridge frequencies

Reaction score
Is it true that DJI have reduced the available frequencies from 32 to 8 in the latest update and that this is why the video range is reduced?

As far as I can tell, it has always been 8. I can see that posts made on the day it was released talked about the 8 channels.

Is it true that DJI have reduced the available frequencies from 32 to 8 in the latest update and that this is why the video range is reduced?

Have you seen a reduced range since you updated to 1.1.8 on a same flight plan that you made before on 1.1.6

WOW if the p3 has reduced range how much range did the regular light typically bridge get? Cause I'm get sicko range out of the p3 and WAY!!!! farther then the stated range of 2km even in a small city in getting more then double and almost triple the stated range.

This is how the rumors on facebook start. They didn't reduce range. They just locked it to the higher channels to help performance. 13-20 are the cleaner channels.

This has nothing to do with the output.

Reactions: downshift
This is how the rumors on facebook start. They didn't reduce range. They just locked it to the higher channels to help performance. 13-20 are the cleaner channels.

This has nothing to do with the output.
I don't have much experience with this so I did some quick looking. From what I see, 2.4GHz contains channels 1 to 11/14. How is it that DJI uses 13 to 20?

I don't have much experience with this so I did some quick looking. From what I see, 2.4GHz contains channels 1 to 11/14. How is it that DJI uses 13 to 20?
That's mostly only for wifi.. This is not wifi.

Looking at DJI's specs on the P3,the transmitter operates from 2.400GHz to 2.483GHz. This is the same freq band licensed for wifi. It's also this band that contains channels labeled as 1 to 14.
I understand this.. You were asking about the higher channels not being part of the 2.4 band. Which they are but most happy home owner WiFi routers only work on the lower channels.

The lightbridge does not use wifi technology bit does use 2.4, that's all my point was .

Last edited:
The 2.4GHz ISM band is the same between Lightbridge and WiFi. Different protocols, same frequency range. For what it's worth, Lightbridge holds up very well in congested 2.4GHz areas.

Hello guys. I have one question. Don't know why but my fly range is about 400-500m, does anybody know why? (sorry on my english, i still learn...)

The 2.4GHz ISM band is the same between Lightbridge and WiFi. Different protocols, same frequency range. For what it's worth, Lightbridge holds up very well in congested 2.4GHz areas.
Which if I understand correctly would simply mean that two devices would not communicate. However, the two devices could very well be using the same channel/frequency which would lead to interference.

Also, I'm still wondering about these 13-20 channels.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic