Lichi Missions: Height of waypoints not honored?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to Lichi (the P2V+ free Android Version).
I did some experiments with the Lichi Missions mode and have some concerns regarding the height of waypoints. In the DJI P2+ Vision app, using groundstation it seems that heights of waypoints are always honored, meaning if the phantom reaches a waypoint at the wrong altitude it would then correct altitude before going forward to the next waypoint.
I've noticed, this isn't the case with Lichi: Lichi attempts to reach the height of a waypoint on the course there, however once it reaches the waypoints location (not height) it continues to the next waypoint.

I usually use waypoint 1 to climb to the desired height in order to be clear of trees etc and the from there on fly my mission relatively clear of objects that I could hit. However on my first mission I've noticed it already accelerated towards the 2nd waypoint and almost hit a tree (as the Phantom still hasn't reached its destination height.)
Now to my questions:

- Is this expected behaviour or maybe a bug?
- If yes, how do you handle height if having the correct height is critical for your mission?
- Is this somehow related to the mission settings (i used banked turns at every waypoint)?

Appreciate your input and comments

I wasn't aware that we had a "banked turns" option on the "Litchi for P2" version of the software, but maybe I'm wrong.

But let's say we have banked turns.

If you don't have banked turns in your mission, the aircraft stops at each waypoint, even if you have the wait time at 0 secs. So it is during this stop that it has a chance to adjust height.

With banked turns in your mission, there is no stop and no time to adjust height. So I'd imagine removing banked turns from your mission would solve the problem.

Hope this helps.

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply. 'You' (are you a/the litchi programmer?) definitely do have banked turns in the P2V+ Version, in fact that's why I wanted to give it a try.

About my issue: you where completely right, not having the banked turn option on at a waypoint makes the mission honour the waypoint height, even if the drone is not set to 'stay' at that waypoint. This is great news!

Btw, I love litchi, I saw that the newer Litchi for the newer drones has more features,.. I'm jealous, that alone almost wants to make me upgrade to a P3.. (but then there is the money thing..)

Anyhow.. thanks for your quick reply, appreciate it a lot.

Hi I also have the same problem on my p3p and on my last litchi mission I uploaded the mission and took off to hover and the bird took off at full speed at a 40 degree angle towards the first set waypoint right into a tree. Why did this happen? Should it not have gone straight up to the set hight then to waypoint? I must be missing something

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik