Liability Insurance

Reaction score
For those of you with Part 107 certification, who are you buying your liability insurance from for commercial work? Can you share your premium cost and coverage levels, along with your location (state)?

Last edited:
I'm planning on flying my drone for commercial purposes, but not sure where to start with the insurance.
Is anyone willing to walk me through the process of getting my drone insured from start to end?
Appreciate it!

Got quote flying as a hobbiest, this is Ontario, Canada
liability coverage- 100,000. yrly.premium- 450.
coverage of - 500,000.yrly.premium - 750.
100K doesn't seem like enough, eh?

I suppose it depends on where you are flying. If you're flying in the Boreal Forrest it should be enough but probably not in Montreal .

Last edited:
For those of you with Part 107 certification, who are you buying your liability insurance from for commercial work? Can you share your premium cost and coverage levels, along with your location (state)?
$3 million is about 1800 a year but i also have E&O insurance bundled with it for commercial inspections.

I contacted all of the "big" insurance companies and every single one told me they won't touch it with the exception of my current provider, American Family, who said their commercial policy would "start" around $2500 per year for 1M in coverage. This is for personal injury and property damage - doesn't touch the drone itself. I could get a separate policy to cover the drone but was told it comes with a $1000 deductible (me laughing).

Have you looked in to Verifly? I have a day job and will only fly commercial periodically so it is a perfect solution for me personally. I can get 1 hour of coverage for $10 in most cases and that comes with 1M in coverage. Very soon they will give you the option to purchase 4 and 8 hour time blocks and up to 2.5 M in coverage, and also expand their coverage area from 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile.

Reactions: David Bercovich
What company is this with?
Mine is with Citadel but insurance is peculiar to each state (cant cross borders) I would suggest calling some of the larger firms (they wont offer it) to see who they would refer you to. I spent a couple of days finding mine.
These are usually independent brokers who deal in "baskets" of insurance.
Also ask for commercial insurance...you may have to buy a "rider" and forget the drone insurance for replacement all of these policies usually have a high deductible 1000-5000.

I did a little snooping around on Insurance quotes from the usual suspects on annual policies. Ball park for $1m liability and hull insurance, (if hull is even offered) is in the $1000 range.

so your happy with 450 to fly a hobby bird royster??? I didn't think it would be so much :(

lol I saw that one about 10 min after I wrote that. Makes me wonder if the guy that wrote the I love ny slogan was being sarcastic

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: InforGuy
Check the video information I posted below on the verify update thread to get a better understanding of verify insurance.

Talked to Verify, not in Canada as of yet
I did talk with Zurich, who only handle commercial UAV business, but, guy is sending me list for Canada UAV insurance companies that handle the Hobbyist from West to East Coast.

Talked to Verify, not in Canada as of yet
I did talk with Zurich, who only handle commercial UAV business, but, guy is sending me list for Canada UAV insurance companies that handle the Hobbyist from West to East Coast.

Got a quote from these guys today

INBOX%3E12231

Shaw Sabey & Associates Ltd. | An Assurex Global Partner
#1275-555 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V7X 1M9
Direct 604-699-2253 | Toll Free 800 684 1911
[email protected]|www.droneinsurancedepot.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.