Lens correction not working for DNG files in Adobe Lightroom

Re: Lens correction not working for DNG files in Adobe Light

F6Rider said:
tedw123 said:
Thanks, although if I try to open the lcp file itself I cannot, Windows will not let me open the file to edit.
Windows will not edit that type of file natively, you need a editor program like 'FileViewPro' The better option is to use 'Text Wrangler' as it is a free program. Jut open the .icp file (on a MAC hold down the option key while opening to allow non-verified vendor) and change the line near the top 'camerarawprofile="False" to "True" save the file and re-launch PF, this worked fine for me.

Only problem with TextWrangler, apparently it's for Mac only!! Free trial with FileViewPro won't work, guess I'll buy or be patient as I'm sure Adobe/DJI will modify.

tedw123 said:
F6Rider said:
tedw123 said:
Thanks, although if I try to open the lcp file itself I cannot, Windows will not let me open the file to edit.
Windows will not edit that type of file natively, you need a editor program like 'FileViewPro' The better option is to use 'Text Wrangler' as it is a free program. Jut open the .icp file (on a MAC hold down the option key while opening to allow non-verified vendor) and change the line near the top 'camerarawprofile="False" to "True" save the file and re-launch PF, this worked fine for me.

Only problem with TextWrangler, apparently it's for Mac only!! Free trial with FileViewPro won't work, guess I'll buy or be patient as I'm sure Adobe/DJI will modify.

Here is the working profile. https://www.dropbox.com/s/trdvuqfunu1zl ... 0FC200.lcp

Only problem with TextWrangler, apparently it's for Mac only!! Free trial with FileViewPro won't work, guess I'll buy or be patient as I'm sure Adobe/DJI will modify.[/quote]

Here is the working profile. https://www.dropbox.com/s/trdvuqfunu1zl ... 0FC200.lcp[/quote]

I replaced the FC200.lcp file in my lens profile folder and replaced existing file but DJI Lens Correction still only shows up for jpg and not dng files? Was this file edited to "True"? I appreciate your help. I am on Windows based but shouldn't matter as DJI originally had only one download for both. I did notice on DJI's new website no more download as it's available in Adobe products now.

Thanks for the DL link as well. The file can be opened and edited in notepad or notepad2 in windows. Save type all files and make sure .lpc is after the file name.

gfredrone said:
Thanks for the DL link as well. The file can be opened and edited in notepad or notepad2 in windows. Save type all files and make sure .lpc is after the file name.

The file download in Dropbox has already been edited to "True", and if I drop into C:\programdata\adobe\cameraraw\lensprofile folder which were the original instructions from DJI for Windows based, this profile changed from "False" to "True" still doesn't show up in List for Lens Correction options unless file is jpg, does not show up with dng files. I'm using Lightroom 5.3. I'm I doing something wrong here?

tedw123 said:
The file download in Dropbox has already been edited to "True", and if I drop into C:\programdata\adobe\cameraraw\lensprofile folder which were the original instructions from DJI for Windows based, this profile changed from "False" to "True" still doesn't show up in List for Lens Correction options unless file is jpg, does not show up with dng files. I'm using Lightroom 5.3. I'm I doing something wrong here?

Please, read this thread from the beginning, you'll find the the correct folder to place the profile file.

tedw123 said:
Yes - that's the folder for Adobe-installed profiles for Photoshop/ACR. Adobe-installed profiles for Lightroom are found here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.3\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0

But the CORRECT place for user-installed profiles - for BOTH Lightroom and Photoshop - is here:

C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

The original instructions from DJI are really only correct for older (CS5 and earlier) versions of Photoshop.

jimre said:
tedw123 said:
Yes - that's the folder for Adobe-installed profiles for Photoshop/ACR. Adobe-installed profiles for Lightroom are found here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.3\Resources\LensProfiles

But the CORRECT place for user-installed profiles - for BOTH Lightroom and Photoshop - is here:

C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles

The original instructions from DJI are really only correct for older (CS5 and earlier) versions of Photoshop.

Can you double check that, I think there's another folder on the end called 1.0?

Seahorse said:
jimre said:
tedw123 said:

Can you double check that, I think there's another folder on the end called 1.0?

Just search your C: drive for every file named FC200.lcp, or whatever that file is called, and replace all with the one that you downloaded from drop box. One of the files you replace will solve your problem.

Seahorse said:
jimre said:
tedw123 said:

Yup, all of these folders have a "1.0" folder within them, which is where the actual .LCP files go. The original post omitted that part, and I followed suit. Should've included them for clarity. Edited my post.

I had this same issue.

I read that if you have NIK software installed that this would cause the issue. So if you have this remove the plugins and see if that works for you. It didn't work for me.

The other solution was to download ACR 8.4 Beta. This does work and allows you to use the filters in Raw and JPG. Or you can use the filter in Adobe photoshop and see it shows up there.

edstumph said:
I had this same issue.

I read that if you have NIK software installed that this would cause the issue. So if you have this remove the plugins and see if that works for you. It didn't work for me.

The other solution was to download ACR 8.4 Beta. This does work and allows you to use the filters in Raw and JPG. Or you can use the filter in Adobe photoshop and see it shows up there.
No, it doesn't work because it's not officially supported in Lightroom yet. Nothing to do with Nik software or other random voodoo. I'm surprised no one has blamed anti-virus software yet, or suggested re-installing Windows :)

The Vision lens profile that ships with Lightroom does not support DNG files yet. Simple as that.

As we've explained all thru this thread, if you want DNG to work in Lightroom, then either edit the file yourself or copy the version from ACR 8.4 - and place it in the correct directory where Lightroom looks for User-Installed lens profiles:

EDIT: or just wait for until Lightroom 5.4 is released some day.

jimre said:
edstumph said:
I had this same issue.

No, it doesn't work because it's not officially supported in Lightroom yet. Nothing to do with Nik software or other random voodoo. I'm surprised no one has blamed anti-virus software yet, or suggested re-installing Windows :)

The Vision lens profile that ships with Lightroom does not support DNG files yet. Simple as that.

As we've explained all thru this thread, if you want DNG to work in Lightroom, then either edit the file yourself or copy the version from ACR 8.4 - and place it in the correct directory where Lightroom looks for User-Installed lens profiles:

So dumb question I know, But have you restarted your computer after updating the profile?

If that does not work just get an Apple, they don't have as many problems.

C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0[/quote]

So dumb question I know, But have you restarted your computer after updating the profile?

If that does not work just get an Apple, they don't have as many problems.[/quote]

It works, I was mistakenly dropping it in the file DJI website specified versus one above. I dropped it in the one above and it works fine!

ResevorDG said:
If that does not work just get an Apple, they don't have as many problems.

apple-fanboy.jpg

A solution for lens correction in DNG/RAW files for the Vision 2

I have been frustrated by both DJI's and Adobe's lack of responsiveness to releasing a lens profile that will work with the Vision 2's DNG files. Saying you support RAW but without the lens profile is pretty meaningless as there is significant barrel distortion in this lens making non-corrected photos useless IMHO as a semi-pro/prosumer photog. Also, the distortion is difficult to correct using the manual tools in Lightroom/Photoshop and makes for a much longer workflow.

There are posts on other forums that suggest you can just turn on RAW support in the Adobe-supplied JPG profile, but Adobe programs need a different set of parameters for RAW and JPG files.

I was discussing this with a friend who is experienced in developing lens profiles, so we spent the afternoon with grid charts and test images and developed a lens profile for RAW/DNG files using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator tool. This has not been extensively tested, but I applied it to my batch of non-corrected DNGs and the results were pretty much spot on. I am offering this to the community, which you can download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3311109/Photography/PHANTOM VISION FC200.lcp.

Adobe's documentation on where to install these files is full of conflicting information, but I have found the following to work for Photoshop (I have 5.1) on Windows 7 and Vista (and supposedly Win 8 but I did not verify this):

C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\DJI\PHANTOM VISION FC200.lcp
C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\PHANTOM VISION FC200.lcp

For Lightroom (5.3), add it to
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.3\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0\DJI\PHANTOM VISION FC200.lcp
C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\DJI\PHANTOM VISION FC200.lcp

Note that you will need to rename the existing JPG-only profile in this folder to "PHANTOM VISION FC200 JPG.lcp".

Restart the app(s) after you install the files.

Not tested, but the documentation for Windows XP says to use the following locations:
C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

I also don't have a Mac to test, but the documentation says to add the file to
/Users/(User Name)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0

One final note, this will work only on DNG RAW files, and not JPGs. I have also tested this profile against the Adobe one in the CameraRaw 8.4 release candidate and it does a better job of removing barrel distortion. I think Adobe may have run the profile creator as a rectilinear lens but it actually works better if you use the fisheye profile.

Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20