LED Kit Confusion

Reaction score
I bought this LED kit on ebay and I can't figure out where the four pin connector goes...or do I cut it off and hook it up somehow. The kit was described as an easy install, I'm not sure if I'm just overlooking something.

rBVaEFfgrzqAXrCPAAFN6le4ZPg575.jpg

Last edited:
You need something similar to this. I would've thought it would have came with it.

169cec9d6c49c2d8463364b64b80e2fe.jpg

It's basically a power converter. Mine takes the battery voltage and steps it down to 12 volts.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I bought this LED kit on ebay and I can't figure out where the four pin connector goes...or do I cut it off and hook it up somehow. The kit was described as an easy install, I'm not sure if I'm just overlooking something.

rBVaEFfgrzqAXrCPAAFN6le4ZPg575.jpg
Was it sold specifically as being for a DJI drone? It looks like a regular jive 12 volt LED strip . And that looks to be three feet or so, so where is it advertised to go on the drone? BTW that version is not environmentally sealed, IE the electronics are exposed to the weather. Not trying to be negative, just trying to help ya out..

Yes it was specifically sold for DJI phantom series drones. Here is the auction link:

LED Bright Blue Light Strip Pilot Lamp for DJI Phantom Quad Nighttime Flight | eBay
OK. I just looked at the ad on Ebarf and they do show it wrapped around the arms. I am not trying to be a know it all, but I have installed hundreds of feet of the same or similar LEDs as toe kick and under cabinet lighting in kitchens and in Christmas floats and in or on boats.

Be aware, the adhesive on these is notorious for giving up at the most inopportune time. And 713 is correct, you need some way to tap into the battery on your drone and a way to mount a power supply/voltage converter/whatever you want to call it. The Ebarf ad is pretty misleading, in that it makes you think you just stick it on and plug it in, that is far from the case. Not that it matters, but I have found the Chinese sellers on Ebay to sometimes be blatantly misleading and inaccurate.

Good luck

I'm not familiar with the older Phantoms but the one pictured is not a Phantom 3. The pic shows that connector going through a slot that looks like the battery compartment. The pic I attached is not the same light but as far as the connections go if you have a Phantom 3 you want something like this that goes through the vent slits.
63926ed0a070531fc8ca7cb749801491.jpg

That is setup to use a 2s or 3s balance plug on the Lipo. You will probably have to use a external battery for it to work. The above post is correct on the adhesive backing on those lights they will not stick well. I use gorilla glue or ca glue to hold them.

Last edited:
You need a power converter to plug it into.
Also, those will come off the Phantom and get caught up in the propellers.
I would suggest sending it back or trashing the idea.
Don't run wiring near the compass in the landing gear, you will get compass errors and could crash.

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can run it off a 3s lipo if you wanted to mount it on the bottom. That light kit is not for a phantom. YOU do not need a power converter if you wanted to mount an external battery. These lights are setup to run off the balance plug. I think I would know as many as I have done. A 3s 1000mah will last 20 minutes add very little weight and no power converter needed plug and play you could remove the lipo for day flights and put on it on for dusk flights. The power converter has a female connection along with the lights have a female connection it won't work unless you either convert one plug to male. Those lights are not plug and play and people tapping into the power off the boards are asking for trouble of a power failure or short.
7134ee5f3cbe0568759290000a7f1f17.jpg
71d7c93f05ea54738c6f710d424f08f4.jpg
9da7350f879dfa4159d72d627a3e373b.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know what you are going for but I really like the light in this link. I have one on the bottom of the drone and I bought an extra light and connected it to the board also and put it on the front of the drone.

DigiPower - Re-Fuel LED Headlight for Select DJI Phantom 3 Drones - White

And once you have that you have a spot on the drone you can tap off of to get 12 volts. Just don't hook too much to it and possibly fry the board from too much current.

When I bought my LED strip from this site ukled.co.uk, I did not meet this. I just bought a ready-made LED strip and just connected it, without any problems. I hope they helped you because it looks strange. I would Google this question if I were you. Maybe someone had the same situation. By the way, for a very long time, I did not want to switch to LED lighting in my house because I always thought that LED light hits my eyes hard. But it turned out to be the opposite. My eyes even felt better from such light. So now I pay much less for the morning. Why didn't I switch to LED lighting before?!

Last edited:
May I suggest you wither look on the internet or, if it's for a drone, start a new thread with drone type etc so we know what you're talking about.

Have a good day1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues