Latest Firmware issues

Reaction score
After the updating to the new firmware 1.19 I am having some issues. First I was getting frequent disconnects, also lost a lot of range, and some IMU errors. This morning I calibrated the IMU and now I get a 2 min aircraft warming up message. On the old firmware no issues at all, 25 flawless flights. Is it possible to go back to an old firmware?

Thanks for any help.

The delay while IMU warms is because you calibrated while warm and it has to get back to that temperature to be accurate.
Put it somewhere cool even in the fridge if you like and be all set to do it again the minute you start it.

Not sure about the other issues, not heard much else bad about it.
You can't realistically go back - it will say newer firmware already installed and refuse to do it.
There may be a work-around.

I wish there will be a workarround because i really really don't like to be forced onto newer firmwares.

Reactions: Fplvert
The best thing about the Visions when it came to updates, I would sit back and watch the resulting chaos. :cool:

Good ol Gunslinger had all the versions, and many of us would update to a prior version. We had a choice to update or go back.

At this point, the P3 updates, three versions in less than a month, have been painfully slow. Then, let the bird cool, do another IMU calibration and compass dance. Recharge the ONE battery, and hope for the best! No problem yet, BTW!

But with features missing like H/L, POI, ect. plus the disappearing versions on DJI downloads, we will probably get pretty good at updating firmware. :rolleyes:

The mini disco light and sound 1.1.9 version was interesting, I guess.

Reactions: leekiya
I just got done updating to 1.1.9 and can't see the camera in my gui. I have a physical link to the bird just can't do anything in the app. I even armed the quad without props and spun up the motors. I can control my camera, start stop vid etc. etc. just no app now.......

KFM

The best thing about the Visions when it came to updates, I would sit back and watch the resulting chaos. :cool:

Good ol Gunslinger had all the versions, and many of us would update to a prior version. We had a choice to update or go back.
The mini disco light and sound 1.1.9 version was interesting, I guess.
Yep, that was so handy to be able to go and load any version you wanted
On the next update maybe they will put it to music

Reactions: Fplvert
I just got done updating to 1.1.9 and can't see the camera in my gui. I have a physical link to the bird just can't do anything in the app. I even armed the quad without props and spun up the motors. I can control my camera, start stop vid etc. etc. just no app now.......

KFM
Did you remember to plug in your phone/tablet?

The delay while IMU warms is because you calibrated while warm and it has to get back to that temperature to be accurate.
Put it somewhere cool even in the fridge if you like and be all set to do it again the minute you start it.

Not sure about the other issues, not heard much else bad about it.
You can't realistically go back - it will say newer firmware already installed and refuse to do it.
There may be a work-around.
Thanks for the "cool" advice. Worked great.

Regarding IMU warmup.

I first made a level platform out of MDF board
and furniture leveling feet (3 of them in a triangle).

Then I put the P3 in the fridge without its battery for 20 minutes.

Then setup my tablet on the controller with the app open.

Straight from the fridge to the level platform, battery in and on
in the P3 and immediate IMU calibration. Then immediate
Gimbal calibration.

This cut my IMU warmup time from 2+ minutes to less than
10 seconds. My Gimbal is still a tiny bit off but doing a few more
level Gimbal calibrations hopefully will fix that. Others have reported the Gimbal issue eventually comes back. For now all we can do is
keep calibrating the Gimbal or just adjust its roll first thing after
startup.

Reactions: Pumpfixer
Regarding IMU warmup.

I first made a level platform out of MDF board
and furniture leveling feet (3 of them in a triangle).

Then I put the P3 in the fridge without its battery for 20 minutes.

Then setup my tablet on the controller with the app open.

Straight from the fridge to the level platform, battery in and on
in the P3 and immediate IMU calibration. Then immediate
Gimbal calibration.

This cut my IMU warmup time from 2+ minutes to less than
10 seconds. My Gimbal is still a tiny bit off but doing a few more
level Gimbal calibrations hopefully will fix that. Others have reported the Gimbal issue eventually comes back. For now all we can do is
keep calibrating the Gimbal or just adjust its roll first thing after
startup.

I can confirm the "fridge method" IMU calibration works.

Strange, I did my calibration on a normal cool morning, and I never get the 'Warming up' banner when I fire it up, and it always say's 'ready to fly-GPS in less that 30 seconds or so. I was lucky with my P2V as I got a Wednesday bird, no issues at all (except the blurry lens replacement thing) so I guess I lucked out again, no jello, no connection issues with my iPad (yet) and flying like a dream (knock-knock) All I need is some darn batteries!

Reactions: rhoffart
Also receiving IMU errors and had my first disconnect yesterday. The disconnect only lasted 5 or so seconds.

Running an IMU calibration this morning to see if the errors vamoose!

Updated my P3P yesterday to the 1.1.9 firmware, again no problems and was finished in 10 mins, as dji said the tx was no need to update as i already had the 1.1.8 firmware installed, i checked anyhow. A perfect flight afterwards with no issues and she yaw's on the spot, no imu calibration :).

What tablet / phone are you using ?

I should all so point out this only happened the once and not out in the field. It was after the last firmware update, i let it cool down and then brought it in for a a cold IMU calibration and powered it up inside and did the calibration. I then checked over settings to make sure they were the same, it was after i pressed the back c2 button to toggle to maps that it disconnected. I have since had 2 good flights with no problems and checked many times that same button in the kitchen and it has never done it since so i am not concerned.

Not sure whether to point the finger at 1.1.9 but the very first flight after updating to 1.1.9 I had a disconnect on my iPad Air 1 It was about 20 seconds into the flight. The video and telemetry just cut out and basically the only thing that fixed it was to land and reboot the P3.. nothing else worked.... I tried restartng the app reinserting the cable etc etc...I hadn't had one disconnect before this and maybe its a coincidence..... as since then I've had a few flights - all fine..

Go figure...

Not sure whether to point the finger at 1.1.9 but the very first flight after updating to 1.1.9 I had a disconnect on my iPad Air 1 It was about 20 seconds into the flight. The video and telemetry just cut out and basically the only thing that fixed it was to land and reboot the P3.. nothing else worked.... I tried restartng the app reinserting the cable etc etc...I hadn't had one disconnect before this and maybe its a coincidence..... as since then I've had a few flights - all fine..

Go figure...

Yea i am wondering and hoping it was just the first boot up so to speak after the first firmware update that this has and will ever happen. We will see soon enough if others start reporting the same problem of app disconnect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.