Remote disconnected?

Reaction score
Alright guys. My phantom 3 pro is having some issues. I took it out to fly the other day and the image keeps getting lost and I get an remote disconnected error. You can still fly the drone but image is gone and remote disconnected error message appears. Image will work fine for about 60-90 seconds. Just long enough to get it up in the air a bit. I can power everything off and restart and everything will work until I get up in the air. I also noticed that rth doesn’t work. I tried repairing the remote and aircraft with the button on the a/c but didn’t fix the issue. Any ideas?

Alright guys. My phantom 3 pro is having some issues. I took it out to fly the other day and the image keeps getting lost and I get an remote disconnected error. You can still fly the drone but image is gone and remote disconnected error message appears. Image will work fine for about 60-90 seconds. Just long enough to get it up in the air a bit. I can power everything off and restart and everything will work until I get up in the air. I also noticed that rth doesn’t work. I tried repairing the remote and aircraft with the button on the a/c but didn’t fix the issue. Any ideas?
Are you sure it says, "remote disconnected" and not just "disconnected" or "aircraft disconnected?"

Disconnected - mobile device is not connected to the RC.
Aircraft Disconnected - mobile device is connected to the RC; RC is not connected to AC.

Since you said that you were able to re-link the AC and RC, we can assume that the AC and the RC are connected.
That leaves "disconnected"; the mobile device is not connected to the RC.

There have been two common issues for when the mobile device is disconnected from the RC. Note that I said common issues. That doesn't mean these are the only issues.
1. A bad cable or using a charge only cable between the RC and the mobile device.
2. A bad USB port board in the RC. Especially so after a period of not using the kit and also especially so with the 300A RC. Other models (300B, 300C) can be impacted as well.

If the RC is not connected to the mobile device, you obviously can't expect RTH to work if you are using the app. If you are using the RTH button on the RC itself and RTH still doesn't work, that's a different issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik