Latest Firmware issues

Operation deep freeze is under way

image.jpg

Reactions: loganboyd
Not sure whether to point the finger at 1.1.9 but the very first flight after updating to 1.1.9 I had a disconnect on my iPad Air 1 It was about 20 seconds into the flight. The video and telemetry just cut out and basically the only thing that fixed it was to land and reboot the P3.. nothing else worked.... I tried restartng the app reinserting the cable etc etc...I hadn't had one disconnect before this and maybe its a coincidence..... as since then I've had a few flights - all fine..

Go figure...
This is my second drone from DJI. My first was the Vision 2 + and I never had a no signal or loss of GPS crash. I have had the Phantom 3 for about two weeks and have flown it several times with no problems. I updated the firmware on May 23rd and flew it twice. On the second time, I took off as normal after home point, 10 satellites and flew a distance of about 200 feet. That is when it lost GPS and went straight down. There was nothing I could do. I flew it only after compass calibration and all the updates. This also was an area that I fly all the time.
I really do not want to buy another Phantom 3 if it is unstable.

This is my second drone from DJI. My first was the Vision 2 + and I never had a no signal or loss of GPS crash. I have had the Phantom 3 for about two weeks and have flown it several times with no problems. I updated the firmware on May 23rd and flew it twice. On the second time, I took off as normal after home point, 10 satellites and flew a distance of about 200 feet. That is when it lost GPS and went straight down. There was nothing I could do. I flew it only after compass calibration and all the updates. This also was an area that I fly all the time.

And you suddenly found this forum (even though you've had 2 Phantoms) and made an account after you crashed?

Really?? How sad. You do understand that losing GPS will not make a DJI Phantom go straight down. Must be more to this story but I'm unsure that the discussion belongs here.

Reactions: Agent Wimplo
I just returned home from a few day trip and have yet to update to the latest firmware. I'm still on 1.1.8. From what I'm reading here, I have a good opportunity before me to avoid some issues and WAIT on updating since I've had no problems so far.

Also I was curious if the latest FW addressed the iOS issue of it reporting the RTH height 0 and flashing Firmware update required if you turned the RC on before the bird.

Thx.

I decided to push all the typical forum rant about new firmware aside and upgraded my firmware. All went smoothly. Did all the calibrations and a test flight.
Result: P3P works perfectly. From now on, after 3 (or is it 4 already) smooth firmware updates I don't hesitate to upgrade my firmware.

Does anyone else have gimbals that won't align correctly out of the box? I've done 4 IMU calibrations after firmware update and gimble alignment. But it will won't level out and the camera keeps shifting to the left and won't stay on FPV.

OHQeyKt.jpg

igRSn4r.jpg

Check the level of the surface you had the P3 on when you did the IMU and you will probably find thats a bit out to maybe.

It's bolted to concrete, it doesn't get much flatter.

Concrete is not equal to level.
Flat is not equal to level either...

That doesn't mean your surface isn't level, but it certainly does not hurt to check.

Really?? How sad. You do understand that losing GPS will not make a DJI Phantom go straight down. Must be more to this story but I'm unsure that the discussion belongs here.
I meant to say lost signal. This is why I don't go to Forums for help.

I meant to say lost signal. This is why I don't go to Forums for help.
So your phantom lost RC signal? Why would anyone use landing option instead of RTH if flying in area where the landing will most likely kill the bird if you lose RC signal. It's not DJI's fault in that case.

So your phantom lost RC signal? Why would anyone use landing option instead of RTH if flying in area where the landing will most likely kill the bird if you lose RC signal. It's not DJI's fault in that case.
Really I'm not saying it's anyone's fault until I figure out what went wrong. I never said I was in landing option. I always thought I was in return to home, but when it starting acting crazy, I tried the return to home putton and giving it up power with no luck. Believe me it was not trying to land. All it said on the app was lost signal in big red letters. The distance was 200 feet. I'm almost possitive failsafe was set ti RTH.

Last edited:
Really I'm not saying it's anyone's fault until I figure out what went wrong. I never said I was in landing option. I always thought I was in return to home, but when it starting acting crazy, I tried the return to home putton and giving it up power with no luck. Believe me it was not trying to land. All it said on the app was lost signal in big red letters. The distance was 200 feet. I'm almost possitive failsafe was set ti RTH.
Also, DJI US in Torrane, Ca has my drone and logs. We will know soon what happened.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik