Latest Firmware 1.10.90, any good ????

Had a lot of video glitches after updating everything. Just reinstalled the app and seems to help. Wil make a testflight tomorrow.

Someone mentioned not being able to revert to prior firmware after 1.10.90. Is that correct? Even loading the prior firmware on a micro sd card inserting it in the camera and powering up doesn't work?

Someone mentioned not being able to revert to prior firmware after 1.10.90. Is that correct? Even loading the prior firmware on a micro sd card inserting it in the camera and powering up doesn't work?

That's correct. Both v1.9.60 and v1.10.90 can not be downgraded.

It's still not even available yet in England... even switching my settings to American doesnt work. Do you think its a bad update that dji stopped rolling it out to other countries as I am hearing bad things about it

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's still not even available yet in England... even switching my settings to American doesnt work. Do you think its a bad update that dji stopped rolling it out to other countries as I am hearing bad things about it

It's still right there on the DJI download page - same as always for the AC FW. You should be able to download FW 1.10 if you are wanting to update your P3A.

Phantom 3 Advanced - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO - DJI

Reactions: Neon Euc
That's correct. Both v1.9.60 and v1.10.90 can not be downgraded.
FYI - 1.9 can be downgraded to 1.8 using the same downgrade procedure as normal.
Many have done it here on the forum when they didn't like 1.9.
Cheers!

FYI - 1.9 can be downgraded to 1.8 using the same downgrade procedure as normal.
Many have done it here on the forum when they didn't like 1.9.
Cheers!

Thanks for the correction [emoji106]

Odd... It still came up as 3.1.0 on the app... Or have I missed something? Is this an app update or a firmware update for the bird [emoji12]

Ignore my post.. Just read from start and it's for the bird. Any feedback on what it's meant to fix or how it is would be appreciated.

All good to go with mine - flies great
IMG_1024.jpg

My story upgrading.. I purchased my P3 Pro October 2015 and never had any issues updating firmware until now. Generally I wait a couple weeks before upgrading figuring if something is really bad it will be pulled and replaced. Using that same logic, but cautiously optimistic after reading the forum I started updating the firmware on Sunday.

After about 16 minutes and a couple firmware induced drone reboots everything appeared normal. Tablet no longer indicated I needed a firmware upgrade camera light was green etc. I powered down a couple minutes later just to be sure. Pulled the battery, waited 30 seconds, installed the battery powered on the controller, then the Phantom. Within a couple seconds the Phantom starts making some sound I never heard before! Camera is now flashing red/ green again, then goes red. It made this noise until for another 15 minutes. By this time the cat was freaked out, I woke the wife about 5:30 AM . I pulled the battery.. waited a few minutes, installed and powered up. Pretty much the same, but now my tablet indicated the camera/ gimbal was no longer communicating. I was a little anxious by this time. I removed the battery again, removed the sad card, formatted it, put previous firmware on the card figuring I can't break it more that it already is. Put the drone in the basement to keep cat, wife and daughter happy. By this time it was nearly 6AM.. powered the drone up, and it appeared it was attempting to downgrade the firmware, but still a horrible odd single death beep sound.. after 20 pr so minutes and no joy, I pulled the battery again, battery was down to 3 bars, so I replaced it with a fresh battery, formatted the SD card again and attempted 1.10 just to see if I could do anything. Powered everything back up controller, app, drone this time same drone death sound, as it attempted to connect to the app everything on my app was black except the exposure bracketing in the center. I mean no info at all. I pulled the battery again, formatted the SD card, reinstalled 1.10 again, closed the app, and powered down my tablet, controller, reinstalled the original battery I started with and then powered everything up. Same death sound, but app information was present again. Gimbal and camera indicated not present, but app indicated the firmware needed to be upgraded again. I left the basement with it on making all that noise. After about 45 -55 minutes the death sound stopped, I was upstairs at that time. I figured either the battery died or the drone did.. i figured this is DJI's way to get people with older drones to update to a new Phantom 4.. at the same time I was emailing this experience to DJI.. I went down to the basement and to my shock, everything was good! The app indicated normal. I powered down the drone, the remote, the tablet, removed the battery, put a fresh battery. Powered it up and all was good! I then ran formatted the ad card using the app, ran a I use calibration, all was good, brought it upstairs and received gps, ran a gimbal calibration and then calibrated the compass again all was good. At this time I powered down and put another fresh battery in, installed the props, installed the battery, brought outside now about 8AM Sunday morning, calibrated the compass again and flew about 16 minutes started off just in the yard and then going about half mile away all has been good ever since.

Sorry for the long post but that was my experience with this firmware.. if I would have given up I would have been purchasing a P4P and makes me wonder.

Last edited:
just upgraded mine last night - killed it - now get ESC status error and cannot start up - IMU and compass calibration have not solved it..

.....and this is another reason I stopped updating at 1.4. Im wishing I hadnt gone past 1.18. Oh well, Ive yet to see or have had the need to "Unlock" anything.... Phew.o_O
I upgrade yesterday and the drone flew flawlessly for in -26 celcius conditions

During test flight the video glitches wear still there. Then, mid-flight the app disconnected (went black and white) but the remote was still connected. Then after restarting the app the glitches are gone. Video stream is still stuttery, but that flight I had no more glitches. Wil try again soon.

I have upgraded my p3p to the new firmware. No problems after running three batteries. The flights are flawless. I am keeping my fingers crossed. My Cr did not require upgrade. It was up to date.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj